Burning Down

Desolation of Glass Shards.

 

Author's note: so, there's nothing explicite described in detail, but it is implied. Just as a warning. It's really not bad, which is why I'm not marking this chapter as mature. Anyway, please enjoy~ Thank you. 

Seven Months Earlier: Super Junior Dorm. 7:30 AM. Cho Kyuhyun.

                  “Yah, Cho Kyuhyun! Wake up,” Sungmin said, shaking my half-awake form, “Come on, you’re going to make us all late for practice!

                  “Hmm, Minnie, just five more minutes,” I rolled over and tried to fall back to sleep.

                  “Hey, such disrespect. It’s Sungmin hyung,” Sungmin sighed and affectionately slapped my , “Five more minutes.”

                  “Ah, you’re the best hyung ever,” I mumbled sleepily.

                  Sungmin chuckled, “Yeah, yeah.”

                  Unfortunately for me, however, even though Sungmin hyung allowed me to sleep a little longer, that didn’t stop the other hyungs from trying to wake me up.

                  “Kyu, Kyu, Kyu!” Hyukjae hyung said, jumping on my bed, “Time to get up.”

                  “Ugh,” I moaned, attempting to ignore him.

                  “Come on, Kyu, get up!” Hyukjae hyung pinched my cheek, “Hey, your cheeks are getting really chubby these days,” I rolled over to kick him, but he anticipated the action and jumped off the bed before my leg made contact with him.

                  “That’s not nice Kyu. Come on; get up. Aren’t you meeting with Joo-hyun today?” He teased.

                  After hearing that I shot up in my bed, “Ah!” I quickly struggled to push my tangled sheets off of me before I swiftly ran into the bathroom, Hyukjae hyung following closely behind.

                  “Aw, our baby Kyuhyunnie is all grown up now!” He sang from outside the bathroom door.

                  “Ah, shut up hyung! What about you and Ji-eun shi?” I shot back, laughing a little as I turned the water on and jumped into the shower.

                  Hyukjae hyung stuttered, “Yeah, well, that’s different. I know you’ve had a crush on Joo-hyun for a long time now, and you’re going to confess today right?”

                  I rinsed the shampoo from my hair, “Shh. I don’t want everyone in the dorm to know hyung! I told you only because I thought I could trust you. I guess I was wrong!”

                  “Hey, I’m trustworthy! I didn’t tell anyone!” He spluttered, “Anyway, I was going to give you advice but if you don’t need it…”

                  I turned the shower off, and quickly dried off, “Yeah, well, just stop shouting! And hyung stop teasing me! I’m already nervous enough.”

                  Hyukjae laughed, “Ok, I’m sorry.”

                  I opened the door and saw him grinning at me, “It’s ok, hyung. What should I wear? Practice clothes? Ah, but those are a little too casual, but then again, I don’t want to be too formal, right? Ah, seriously, maybe this-“

                  “Kyu, relax,” Hyukjae hyung patted my shoulder before turning and pulling out a simple blue v-neck, “Just wear this. I mean, she’s seen you in worse right? Don’t worry about it. Just be honest, and tell her how you feel. I’m sure she feels the same way, what with her constant ogling of your whenever you bend down. Oh, and also when you’re-“

                  “Ok, hyung, I get it!” I interrupted flustered, “Now leave so I can change,” I pushed him out the door.

                  He laughed and went to sit in the living room with the other members. I sighed. Today was going to be one of the most important days of my life. I was finally, finally, going to confess my feelings for Joo-hyun. Ever since I first saw her in the hallways of the SM entertainment building, I was captivated. I wouldn’t say that I fell in love at first sight, because I don’t believe in such fantasies as fate or destiny, but I was definitely interested in her and struck by her beauty. When we actually began to talk, interact, and become friends, I realized that I had fallen hard. The fluttering in my chest whenever I would talk to her, the way my palms would sweat, and the airy high I would feel after each encounter; well, I won’t lie and say that’s when I knew, because I am usually dense about my own feelings. After I talked to Hyukjae hyung about it, and he laughed telling me I was acting like a love struck puppy, is when I finally knew that I developed feelings for Joo-hyun. Of course, this came as a shock, because I had resolved never to fall in love again, what with the whole hospital nurse incident back in 2007, and yet, here I am not, still struck and acting like a hapless fool who can hardly string enough words together to form a coherent sentence whenever I talk to her.

                  Initially, I was going to keep my feelings hidden. I mean, relationships in the first place are forbidden, and this relationship isn’t with some random girl, but with another celebrity in the same company. If we got together and it didn’t work out, I would have all of SNSD gunning for me. Also, any future collaborations that may or may not occur between SNSD and Super Junior would be extremely awkward and uncomfortable. Not to mention, I don’t even know if Joo-hyun feels the same way about me as I do about her. Well, those are all convenient excuses; really, I’m just a coward. It was Hyukjae hyung who convinced me to confess. 

                  Although I usually act cold and generally uncaring towards my hyungs, Hyukjae hyung in particular, in all honesty, I am incredibly grateful to have such a kind friend stand by my side all of these years. I’d never tell Hyukjae hyung, though. He’d probably tease me for the rest of my life. But, I hope that I can be there for him just as he is always there for me in my times of need.

                  “Kyu, are you ready yet? Seriously, stop worrying, everything will be fine!” Hyukjae hyung said, knocking on my door impatiently.

                  “I’m not worrying, and I’m ready now,” I opened the door and stepped out, “Let’s go, hyung.”

                  The members were excitedly chattering and cracking jokes in the car, while I remained silent, occasionally smiling at some of the remarks Shindong hyung made to tease Hyukjae hyung about his girlfriend, and contemplated what I would say to Joo hyun. Hyukjae, noticing my serious expression, nudged me with his leg, “Relax,” he said, patting my leg. But I still couldn’t shake my nerves away.

                  Once we arrived, the members piled off sluggishly and headed to the dance room, while Hyukjae hyung led me to the practice room where Joo-hyun was. Once we reached SNSD’s practice room, Hyukjae hyung patted my shoulders and turned to leave. I inhaled, trying to calm my nerves, before pushing the door open. The SNSD members saw me opening the door and rushed to greet me. I smiled and bowed back, while quickly scanning the room for Joo-hyun.

                  “Is Joo-hyun sshi here? I have a message to pass onto her,” I asked Taeyeon, the leader of SNSD.

                  “She was here a minute ago…” Taeyeon responded, “Ah, she went to get a drink of water, so she should be in the hallway.”

                  “Ok, thanks. Have a good practice,” I said, turning on my heel to leave as they said goodbye.

                  I walked down the hallway, and turned the corner. That’s when I saw her. Her back was turned to me, and she seemed to be in conversation with another female. As I approached, I recognized the other girl to be none other than Ji-eun sshi, Hyukjae’s girlfriend.

                  “Oh, hello ladies,” I said, cursing myself internally for being so awkward.

                  “Hello, Kyuhyun sunbaenim,” Ji-eun sshi said, bowing. Joo-hyun bowed too, but didn’t say anything.

                  “What brings you here, Ji eun sshi?” I figured she was here for Hyukjae hyung, but I knew hyung would kill me if I revealed that information.

                  “Oh, I was actually here to meet some sunbaenims for lunch when I ran into Seohyun sshi,” She smiled sweetly, “But, I needed to tell you something, anyway Kyuhyun sshi, so it’s a good thing I ran into you.”

                  “Oh, actually I-“

                  “Then if you will excuse me,” Joo-hyun bowed, “I have to return to the practice room. Goodbye, IU sshi, Kyuhyun sshi,” She walked away; I sighed. 

                  “What did you have to tell me, Ji eun-sshi?” I looked towards her expectantly.

                  “Oh, well, I was hoping we could speak privately. The topic is a little…” She blushed. Ah, it must be about Hyukjae hyung.

                  “Oh, sure. Here, we can talk in this dance studio. No one usually comes in here,” I motioned towards a door a couple of feet away. She nodded and we walked there in silence.

                  I held the door open for her, but she insisted I enter first. When we both were inside she closed and locked the door.

“Is this about Hyukjae hyung?” I asked, “Do you need to know his favorite color or something?”

                  A dry laugh, “I guess you could say that,” she mumbled, “You’ve put me through hell and back Cho Kyuhyun.”

                  “W-what?” She glared at me and started pacing.

                  “What a joke. You know perfectly well what I’m talking about,” She exhaled loudly, flipping through a notebook she pulled out of her pocket, “Let’s see, ah, here it is. Jan 2nd, Kyuhyun talks to Seohyun sshi. They are laughing; Jan 4th, Kyuhyun meets up with Seohyun sshi in the hallway, they talk for about twenty minutes, as if they have nowhere else to be; Jan 7th, Kyuhyun hangs out with Seohyun sshi and company; and on and on, practically every damn day, it’s all Seohyun sshi. Are you trying to make me crazy?”

                  My throat went dry. I tried to say something, but my voice was lost.

                  “I think you are. You’re teasing me with every flirtation, every gesture, and every word; I can’t take it anymore, Kyuhyun. I love you. I’ve watched you all this time, waited for you to notice, but you never did. I even tried to get close to you by dating Hyukjae sshi, but you were never affected. When you rejected me all those years ago, I thought you were playing hard to get. So I accepted your challenge, and I’ve done everything I can, and you never look my way, yet, this Seohyun is all friendly with you all of the sudden? Are you kidding me? I know you were going to confess to her today, Hyukjae sshi told me, he tells me practically everything, and you know, I died on the inside.”

                  She waited for me to reply, but when I didn’t she continued, “I knew I couldn’t let you confess to her, or else it’d all be over. So I confronted her.”

                  “I swear to god, if you hurt her I’ll-”

                  “Oh, please, I didn’t hurt her. My little talk with her was just a warning; I can easily get to her whenever I want.  I have connections in dark places, my dear, and I’ve done things you would never even dream of doing to get where I am today.”

                  “You’re bluffing.”

                  She chuckled darkly, “Maybe, but are you really willing to risk that? Aren’t you wondering how I so easily got into this building, even though there’s security everywhere?”

                  “What do you want from me?”

                  She stopped walking around the room and looked into my eyes, “You.”

                  “But Hyukjae hyung-”

                  “Never has to know,” She interjected, “You know he told me he loves me. Hah, what a joke. He’s such a fool to never have realized I’m only using him to get to you.”

                  “I-”

                  She walked over to me, and pushed me into a nearby chair, “Just do everything I tell you to do, and nobody will get hurt. Not Hyukjae,” she caressed my face, “Nor your precious Seohyun,” she dug her nails into my cheek, “Just be a good boy, and don’t make too much noise.”

                  She pulled off my shirt and reached for my belt. I felt numb.

                  I know what I am doing is wrong, I would never deny that fact, and that I am betraying the trust of one of my first friends from super junior, a hyung that I really treasure, but I have no choice. Every time she touches me, caresses my skin with her slender fingers, and plants kisses along my chest as if she’s marking her territory, it feels as if I am being burned alive. But I do not push her off of me. I allow her to use my body as she pleases, regardless of whether she see’s me as her -able toy or if she believes her obsession is love, without flinching away, because I have no choice.

                  “Kyuhyun,” She groaned into my ear, “You are so hot.”

                  I cringed, but said nothing.

                  “Neh, Kyuhyun, you know I love you, right? I really do. God, with everything I have. I’ve only ever wanted you,” She whispers, a chill ran up my spine, “Do you love me?”

                  I said nothing.

                  “Ah, I know. You don’t have to express your feelings with words. I can feel your love for me. I love you too, Kyuhyun.”

                  I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you.

                  “You are so responsive to my touch, baby. I know you love when I touch you like this.”

                  I want to die. I want to die. I want to die. I want to die. I want to die. I want to die.

                  “Ah, you so much Kyuhyun. But enough teasing, it’s time for the main event.”

                  Please, kill me. Don’t do this. Just kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me.

                  “Ahh,” She started , “Oh yes, Kyuhyun. Right there.”

                  It’s all gone. It’s gone. It’s gone. It’s gone. It’s gone. I’m gone. I’m dead. God.

                  Everything was black; all I could hear was the rhythmic creaking of the chair as it rocked, but all I wanted to do was crawl away. I knew everything about this situation was ed up, that Ji-eun was ing everything up, but I couldn’t move; I couldn’t breathe. I just wanted it all to stop. But it won’t stop until one of us is dead.