I Need an Airbag

Desolation of Glass Shards.

 

Author's note: so, before you read this chapter, you have to read the prologue, or else you will probably be like wtf haha anyway, Enjoy! Please comment~ Thank you. :D

One month earlier: Drama filming set. 1:00AM. Lee Donghae.

                  I have this habit of twitching my pointer finger whenever I get nervous. I don’t know when this habit started, or even how it developed, but one day Hyukjae noticed my twitching finger and asked me what I was doing. I said I didn’t know, and ever since then I’ve become more aware of it. I try to stop myself, but I mean it’s so involuntary that I hardly notice it half the time I’m doing it. Heechul hyung had heard our conversation and laughed, saying that a habit like mine was endearing. I smiled and laughed with him, but deep down, I still think it’s a bad thing.

                  “Donghae, are you paying attention?” The director of the drama that I am currently acting in said angrily.

                  “Yes, sir. I apologize,” I bowed.

                  The director sighed and continued to explain where I was supposed to stand for the scene. I listened and tried to ignore the stabbing pain in my feet and aching in my head from lack of sleep. Once he finished, I turned to the actress playing the lead love interest and apologized for making the filming go on longer. She smiled and reassured me that it was fine. I smiled back, relieved and turned to the director to say I was ready to begin.

                  It was around 4:00AM when I finally got into the van and was driven back to the dorm where I promptly changed and jumped into my bed, desperate for sleep. The second my head hit that mattress I was out like a light.

                  It was relatively quiet this morning, an unusual occurrence in the Super Junior dorm, so I had the rare opportunity of waking up because of the sunlight leaking through the shades and onto my face instead of the clanging pots, laughing voices, and slamming doors the members produce in the morning rush of getting ready for their individual schedules of the day. Part of the reason for the silence was because Kibum, Hankyung-hyung, Siwon, and Shindong-hyung were no longer living in the dorm, and also, because by the time I had arrived at the dorm after a long day of filming the drama, most of the other members were already out, leaving only Hyukjae, Kyuhyun, and I in the dorm.

                  I stretched my sore limbs before lazily getting up and heading towards the bathroom to take a shower. The warm water felt soothing on my tense muscles, and I reveled in staying under the water longer because there was no one else yelling for me to hurry up or waiting for the shower. When I finished, I reluctantly stepped out and dried off before slipping on a purple v-neck and blue jeans. Still half awake, I grabbed my bag and packed extra practice clothes, my water bottle, my i-pod and other essentials for the day. I was about to leave my room when I heard Hyukjae banging loudly on a door, which I assumed to be Kyuhyun’s considering there was no one else in the dorm, and also because it certainly wasn’t my door.

                  “Hey, Cho Kyuhyun, are you ready yet?” Hyukjae shouted as I entered the kitchen and went to stand next to him.

                  “One minute hyung,” Kyuhyun replied from his room.

                  “We don’t have a minute!” Hyukjae growled.

                  “Hey, relax Hyukjae! He said he’d be out in a minute!” I exclaimed while lightly punching Hyukjae in the shoulder.

                  “But he’s always late,” He said, running a hand through his bleached hair, “Seriously, just because we’ve debuted for a while doesn’t mean he has the right to slack off!”

                  “I’d hardly call being a little late slacking off. Chill out, Hyukjae. What, did your girlfriend break up with you or something? Why are you in such a bad mood?” I teased.

                  Hyukjae glared at me, “Shut up Donghae-ah!”

                  “Ah! Seriously! Ji-eun broke up with you?”

                  “Shh, Donghae!” Hyukjae put his hand over my mouth in a panic, “She did not break up with me. We’re taking a little…break.”

                  I pulled his hand off my mouth and squinted playfully, “Yeah, sure. Whatever you say, Hyukjae.”

                  Hyukjae’s brown eyes shifted to the floor, “It’s complicated.”

                  “What’s complicated, hyung?” Kyuhyun asked as he emerged from his room.

                  “Shut up and let’s just go. The others are waiting,” Hyukjae mumbled before huffing and walking out the door.

                  I laughed, grabbing Kyuhyun’s arm, and walked after Hyukjae. We didn’t say anything as we entered the car. Today we had to go to the dance studio to practice for our newest title song of our next album. I turned to Kyuhyun and ruffled his brown, shaggy hair.

                  “Donghae-hyung, stop messing up my hair,” Kyuhyun said, pushing my arm away from him.

                  “Ah, where’s your cuteness, Kyu?” I said playfully.

                  “That’s not my image hyung,” He said, smiling a little, “And anyway, I-“

                  “Shut up, Cho Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae said glaring at Kyuhyun. I turned to Hyukjae shocked. “Just shut the up.”

                  Kyuhyun stared and lowered his head. That was unusual. I’ve never seen Kyuhyun act so submissive before.

                  “Hey, Hyukjae. What’s wrong with you? What did Kyuhyun do to you?”

                  Kyuhyun grabbed my sleeve, “It’s fine hyung. Don’t worry about it.”

                  I stared at him, but he let go of my sleeve and turned to look out the backseat window. What was going on? What was this tension between Hyukjae and Kyuhyun? I remained silent for the rest of the ride, resolved to confront Hyukjae about the issue as soon as we were alone.

                  When we reached the dance studio in the SM entertainment building, Hyukjae immediately went inside without waiting for us. I heard Kyuhyun sigh as he got off before me. We walked in silence before we reached the door of the practice room. Kyuhyun walked in first and I noticed the chilling glares sent his way by nearly every member. Even Ryeowook: nice, kind, Ryeowook was glaring at Kyuhyun. God, what happened?

                  “Kyuhyun,” Leeteuk said, his expression stoic, “Can I speak with you alone?”

                  Kyuhyun nodded, never lifting his eyes from the floor as he slowly followed Leeteuk out into the hallway. Everyone’s expressions relaxed slightly as soon as he left, but there was still a suffocating tension floating around. I walked over to Ryeowook, even more confused than I was before.

                  “Ryeowook-ah, what happened? Why is everyone acting so cold towards Kyuhyunnie?”

                  Ryeowook’s face blanched, but a look of understanding crossed his face before he spoke, “Ah, right. You’ve been busy filming your drama, so you probably haven’t heard yet.”

                  “Heard what? What is going on?”

                  “Kyuhyun ed up. Big time,” Sungmin interjected.

                  “Wh-what?”

                  “Kyuhyun got a girl pregnant,” Sungmin said angrily.

                  “What?” My pointer finger started twitching. “Who?”