Winter Rain

Desolation of Glass Shards.

 

A/N: Sorry for the long wait!! But here it is! Wow, I can't believe this story is almost finished! Thank you guys for the support! Only a couple of chapters left! I will update again soon! I promise! Thank you! Warning: cursing, a lot of it lol

Ji eun. Two weeks earlier. Ji eun’s apartment. 2:00pm.

Dear Jung Woo,

Do you remember when we used to go to that little café by the river a long time ago? You know, the one where we first met seven years ago? I still go to that café every Thursday. Sometimes I just stare at it from across the street; other days, I actually venture in and order your favorite Latte. I know it’s a silly thing to do, but somehow I feel closer to you whenever I’m at the café. You must be wondering why I’m writing to you after all this time, huh? Well, I just thought that maybe I should clear a few things up, is all. Really.

First off, I’d like to apologize. Honestly, I didn’t mean for it to get this far. Really, I didn’t. Somehow, after you left me, something inside me broke; snap completely in half. At first, I was simply struck with fascination, and I honestly had no ill intention. But then, the more I learned, the more crazed I became trying to regain the beauty that we had lost. I know now that such a thing is impossible, but I had to try; for you. Will you forgive me?

. . . . . . . That idiot screwed me over. . Now what?

I have to get rid of him, don’t I? But he may be useful later? God damn it. .

No, no, Ji eun, we can still make this work.

But how? He exposed us. He must be punished.

Right, and that man, that man, he keeps staring at you, ya know? Ya see?

You don’t know what you are talking about-

The sky has obviously been-

-I mean, clearly, that is a woman. Yes, the one in the trench coat? Yes.

-dyed red. Dyed red. ing dyed red? Who would do that?

No, ya idiot, you, that’s clearly a man. Or a giant wolf; hey, ya never know.

                  Why would someone do that though? And the grass is purple? What?

Shut up; just let me think, okay?

Fine.

                  Sure.

“Ji eun? Are you there?”

Maybe I can call to meet with him at night, that way I can catch him off guard and then-

“Ji eun?”

But the voices, the voices, they won’t go away, Ji eun! We have to make them stop. We have to make them go away.

Ya can't ya idiot. We ain’t going nowhere, sorry.

                  And then there’s the whole time space gap thing, and gosh I just don’t-

Who the are you to say anything? A therapist could probably fix this. But she’s too much of a to go to one.

                  -maybe if I knock over that glass, I’ll find the answer. Lord, help me.

“There you are! I’ve been looking for you everywhere!”

The only way that they are satisfied is when blood is spilled. I have to spill blood. I have to kill him. Then they will leave me alone. Alone, alone, alone; God, just leave me alone.

“Well, anyway, Ji eun, they know. All of the super junior members know. Apparently Hyukjae told them all.”

Tonight. I will finish it all tonight. He will be no more, and I will be saved.

Ya could strangle ‘im. That’s a good way.

Are you ing insane? That is terrible. Shut up.

                  Then there are butterflies, and they are just-

“But it was strange.”

I snapped my head up and looked at him, “What?”

“Donghae. He was acting strange. He was…defending Kyuhyun. I don’t understand how or why anyone would defend the sick son of a .”

Donghae. He knows.

I almost threw up. He must know everything. Kyuhyun must have told him. Oh my God. . When I get my hands on Kyuhyun I will-

No, Ji eun. Ya need to handle Donghae before he reveals the truth: the fewer people that know the better.

That is terrible. Stop suggesting . She should kill them all, obviously. And no one gives a about you.

                  Ice cream cones.

Fine, Donghae first and then I’ll handle Hyukjae.

After that Kyuhyun and I can finally be together forever. No one will interrupt us; no one will see us.

“Are you okay Ji eun? You look pale.”

I stiffened, “I’m fine Yoseob ah. You are such a good friend; I am really lucky to have you around. I just can’t believe Hyukjae told them all. I really, really didn’t want this to get around. God it’s already bad enough, now everyone knows-“

Yoseob cut me off by pulling me into a tight hug, “Don’t worry about that. I doubt that anyone in Super Junior would spread this around.”

“Yeah, you’re probably right Yoseob ah. What would I do without you?”

“I’m sorry this happened to you, Ji eun. But I swear, I will do everything I can to help you from here on out.”

“Thank you.”

Yoseob kissed the top of my head, “Anything for you.”

What an idiot, ya.

Oh, shut up. This works out better for us anyway.

                  Who’s that again? Oh, he’s the cat man. Right. How silly.

My phone started to ring, so I smiled and told Yoseob I had to take the call outside. He waved me off. Finally, the last act is beginning. How interesting.

 

“Donghae, to what pleasure do I owe this phone call to?”

What do ya think this is about?

Wow, you seriously cannot understand social graces. Just jump in a hole. You are too stupid to play this game.

                  Rrrrrrrrrrrrinnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggg. Riiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnngggggg.

“Ji eun.” He spat, voice full of venom.

“Well it’s nice to see you too, Donghae oppa.”

“Let’s stop the bull. I know what you’ve been doing, and I’m telling you to cut it off now or else.”

I clutched my phone harder, “Or else what? What could you possibly do to harm me?”

“Ji eun, I am not joking around.”

                  Rrrrrrrrinnnnnnngggggg. Rrrrrrrrrrinnnnnnnnggg. Rrriinnngggg.

Your tea must be done, ya.

“I never said that you were,” I began picking at the wood on my vanity.

Donghae sighed heavily, “Then can you please just stop? Look, how about we meet somewhere and just talk. Please.  It’s not too late to stop it all.”

“Stop what? I’m not doing anything wrong,” the carving was coming along fairly well at this point; the heart was almost fully shaped.

“Are you serious? You are making up lies about Kyuhyun and threatening him. How is that not wrong?”

Tell ‘im the bastard was lying. Will be ‘ilarious.

“Oh, now I'm the liar? Priceless,” My nail broke on the K I was carving, “I think you need to take a step back and really think about who is lying here. I’ve done nothing, and yet I’m forced to endure the insane actions of your band mate? Please, just please, keep him away from me, okay? I ca- can’t take it anymore. Please.”

Silence, perhaps some hesitation, “Look, when are you free? Let’s just talk. Hyukjae can come as well. Just tell me when you are free.”

Too bad the idiot will never make it there.

“There’s a café, not too far from your company. Let’s meet at four. I’ll text you the name and address.”

“Fine,” the line went dead.

Pfft, seriously? He bought that ?

I don’t know, just for once, can you all be quiet? I need to make another phone call.

Yer a , ya know that? But whateva’, you are borin’ me anyway.

For once I agree.

                  Ugh, another one? I hate the sound of birds squawking.

“Madam?”

“I need you to help me out,” I demanded, as I looked in the mirror and began reapplying my lipstick.

“With?”

“There’s a man who has been following me incessantly. I need you to get rid of him.”

“Who and by what means, madam?”

“Lee Donghae. Any means you see fit. But oh, do try and be subtle about it this time, okay?”

“Of course, madam. Anything for you.”

“Good. I will message you the information. Please have it done before four pm today.”

“Yes.”

And now we wait.

What are we waiting fer again?

Shut up. You are a stupid . The biggest I’ve ever seen; no wonder Kyuhyun doesn’t want you.

We are anticipating Donghae’s demise, maybe? I have a feeling that this will make the papers. It is unfortunate, but entirely necessary. He will mess things up, I just know it, but I can’t have that. I need Kyuhyun to squirm a bit more before I place an ultimatum on him. Maybe this worked out for the best then, huh?

My hair was perfect; I had it done up in a messy bun off the side of my head, and it only took an hour or so. The phone kept on ringing, but I ignored it. My make up wasn’t done yet, so I couldn’t answer the phone. Besides, I already knew who was calling.

A knock on the door, then another, and another: but I was still putting on my mascara, so it had to wait. He was a bit ahead of schedule, anyway.

“Ji eun, I know that you are there. Open the door.”

Ah, as expected, eh?

Shut up you ignoramus.  

The carving in the wood remained undone: only half of it permanent, the other not yet written.

I sighed and went over to open the door, “Kyuhyun, what are you doing here?”

He walked through the door in a flurry of anger and frustration, slamming me on the wall adjacent to the door.

“You know why I’m here,” he shut the door as he spoke, “and you probably know what I’m going to say.”

“I am not a mind reader, my dear, sorry.”

“You ,” he cursed, “you did it, didn’t you? You tried to kill Donghae!”

I laughed, “What of it, dear? He became a liability.”

“Are you ing kidding me right now? Donghae didn’t do anything wrong; he wasn’t going to tell anyone! Now Donghae is in the hospital and he may never wake up! You are sick; you are ing psychotic.”

“Me? You are the one who drove me to this Kyuhyun! If you had just kept your mouth shut instead of involving Donghae, this would never have happened! And you have some nerve to pull that high and mighty crap with me, Kyuhyun. You aren’t exactly innocent in this whole affair either, are you?”

Kyuhyun choked up, “I can’t believe you. Oh God. Oh God.”

And Kyuhyun started crying, unable to say anything more.

 I wrapped my arms around his waist, “Don’t worry. Now that he’s taken care of, we can be together forever. I promise.”

Kyuhyun sniffled, weakly struggling against my hold, “Oh God,” he repeated.

“We are going to get out of here, okay? It will just be you and me from now on and forever. I won’t let anything happen to you again, Jung Woo.”

He stiffened, “What?”

“Jung Woo, I’ve finally done it. Now we will be together not just in my dreams. You don’t have to say anything more, my love.”

A bang. A shout. Suddenly, he was thrown off of me and onto the floor. Dear God, Jung Woo, what have I done?