One Missed Call Curse

Ghost Whisperer

[No one's POV]

Flashback :

"Okay, I'll be back in a minute, guys"

"Hey, let me go with you!!"

The two woman went into the toilet. One of them went to the booth and take her 'personal time' inside and on the other is washing her hands. This woman had a habit of washing her hands even before going to the booth. "Hee Joo ya, how is he?" The one from the booth voiced out. The other one who is outside is looking to the booth and back to the sink. Smirking, she reply "What is?" The one on the booth said with a haughty tone "Oh,you know, like; 'He's gorgous' or 'hmm yeah, he's okay' or 'Ergh, he's not my type' kind of thing." The woman named Hee Joo just laughs. "Hmmm...I think I'll go with the 'hmm yeah, he's okay'. But he's great person, really." The woman in the booth let out a small laugh. "Are you kidding, is that all you think he is, Come on Hee Joo yah, he's a great person." While the two laughs joyfully, a music is played, the melody played like a music box. Hee Joo found the tone familiar. She thought 'I think I heard this before.' she then remember her childhood when she had a teddy bear with the sound just like it. She was happy, she could hug it all day just to listen the song.

"Hee Joo ya, isn't that your phone." said the lady still in the booth. Hee Joo then snap out of reality and checked her bag. Her phone is not ringing. 'that's strange' she thought. Then she looked at her friend's bag. As soon she opens the bag the sound is getting louder and louder. She picked the phone. It's from her friend "Yoo Min ah, I think it's yours." The lady called Yoo Min, went out from the booth. Hee Joo return the phone to her, Yoo Min then picked up the phone. When the two women patiently waited for something.Then they hear a wind. The two girls just looked at each other and hear it again. 'Oh no, my battery is almost flat.' Then the line went off after that.  The two look at each other. 'What on earth is that?'

After the dinner party at the restaurant, Hee Joo and Yoo Min walk together to the streets of Myeongdong. It is very silent indeed even as their laughter echoes through the air. They stop at the nearby bubble tea store. Hee Joo went to inside to buy for herself and Yoo Min. Yoo Min is busy with her cellphone. "Sorry for waiting!!" As they walk together while drinking their bubble tea. Hee Joo then looked at Yoo Min, "Hey, how did you get that ringtone? "

"What kind of ringtone?"

"Like mine, but your's a bit, you know" Hee Joo looked at her friend. "A bit creepier."

"Excuse me, Kim Hee Joo, that's not my ringtone." Hee Joo looks surprised at her friend's statement, Yoo Min shook her head with a sigh while looking at her phone on the right and holding the bubble tea Hee Joo bought for her a while ago. " But, that's strange, I thought for sure, it comes from your phone." 

"Hey, did you check your caller log?" Yoo Min nodded with a confused look on her face. "Yeah, about a while ago. It says today at 11:37 pm. What time is it now?" Hee Joo looked at her watch on her left. "It's still 11:34 PM, why you ask?" 

"I just heard from those high schoolers gossiping about the phone call curse from many years ago. And now they say it seem the curse has been, I don't know.'revived' from out of nowhere and a lot of students and people were dead when they-- '' Then Yoo Min's phone battery flats. "Oh no, my battery is almost flat."

Then suddenly without Hee Joo knowing, Yoo Min felt the cold breeze swimming through her skin to her spine and as she looked around. A loud bang came to her as Yoo Min flies away from Hee Joo's side,screaming in fear. Hee Joo notice that Yoo Min is gone, she search for her, she run as fast as her feet took her. She went to the bridge of the subway as she find her friend's body were torn to pieces. Hee Joo is shaken from fear as she went down on her knees, hysterical shrieking for her best friend's death. 

 

But she didn't know,-- that her dead friend's hand starts to move, dial the numbers.

 

3 Days after the incident

[Soohyun's POV]

"That's it?"

"I heard it alright, but it's all just a rumour, but knowing it's you, I thought you might be interested with all this stuffs."

"Aeyh, I'm not into those anymore."

"Why? I though you like ghost mysteries.I thought you might said--" Donghyun is right, it's true, if it were the old me, I want to find that ghost and the mysteries, I often go to that haunted places with Noona by my side. I remember that my sister can see ghosts so I often ask her what was the ghost looks like, she often descirbe if it's scary, she said it's like a woman but she had a white skin, have a long hair and had a very big eyes and she walks like a zombie and if she describe it's not, she said the woman is like a normal human, but she cried with blood tears, asking who is she and what is she doing here.

"Then" I ask "What did you see there, Noona?"

Noona just smiles and look at an empty space. I just look at her with a confused face. She smiles "I just saw a girl, a half your size. But she's lonely, but she didn't shed a tear. But just looked away."

"What is that,Noona?"

"That's--" she look at me, carrying me with her strong arms "When you grow up, you should go to this place, and find out about it yourself."

I thought she was just trying to tease me, she always does, but now that I think about it. I was curious about that ghost, now that I can see it. But my mind went off somewhere thinking that the ghost that my sister see is still exist. I shook my head. "I quit a long time after Appa,Omma and Noona dies, remember?"

Donghyun just nod "Ah right, I forgot."

"And it takes me 8 months to recover, ya know"

"Of course, that Dwaejji enjoys bullying you and his parents are like s!"

"Hey!" I punch his shoulder while I laughs, although I'm worried that  Hyun Jong might hear it. "You should keep your voice down you know. Hyun Jong might hear you."

"Hey, but it's true." I looked at my right as Hyun Jong make his way to our desk while smirk, Sheesh, I know he's very popular boy in school. I once ask him why he, the idol of our school, hang out with someone like me. How stupid of me, I thought, he is my cousin, a family. He once pull me close to him and give me a nudgie and laughs. "Hmph, but still he's your twin brother."  He scoffed and he headlock me and he give me a nudgie, which it hurts. "Since when you care,huh?"

I pouts. Since when did I care? Because he have a family that care for him. A family you suppose to love. Of course I care. But I do understand that his family were a bit of notorious and very picky when it comes to the twins, Dwae-- I mean, Hyun Dong and Hyun Jong. Although their twins, and although their famous in school [Hyun Dong is a big bully but Hyun Jong is like an idol to the school] but they don't like each other, the only thing I remember them is when they always fought whose fault is it. But it always been Hyun Jong. 

Of course I care, I care about you. "You could at least hang out with him or something, he is your brother after all." Hyun Jong stops shooking me and let me go. As soon as I turn my right, Hyun Jong made this cold face. "Why? You don't like it when I'm always hang out with you?" He said with a monotone. "T-That's not what I meant, I mean--"

"Why are you even care so much about them, when all they do is to torture you, treating you like a total stranger, an outcast!! But why you care about them?!" 

This is too much, I never hear him shouting like that before. In his eyes, there is a fire, a very rage fire. I know I shouldn't be saying about his family and I know I should be thankful that he hang out with me everytime. But I feel like it's unfair. For him and his family. I felt like it's not fair that I took him away from his own family. I know he's not in a good issue, but at least try to sort it out. "Because--" I didn't say anything afterwards. Hyun Jong scuffs and turns away from us and went outside the class, leaving Lang dumbfounded. "Hey, Hyun Jong ah!!" 

"Hey, Soohyun ah, what was that for?" Donghyun punch my shoulder. I felt like a total idiot, saying like that. I know I am, but--.

This is for the best, I thought, He have to be with his family, not me.

 

 

 

I walk alone afterwards. Hyun Jong went home early. I can't help but feeling guilty for what I did. But it just that. I don't even know what to do now.

"Hm, alone, Chibisuke?"

I turn to the usual spirit that wears a black sailor-fuku with a grayish coat fur. I nodded. She snorts "Well, that's ashame. I thought that finally you have someone to care for you." 

"I don't need it."

"And why not?"

"Because--" Then I felt chills. Yu is on alert. There are a lot of darkish red ReiChii flows in the air. "Y-Yu" Yu put her hands on front of me and push to her back "Stay close" I just stand there beside Yu. There is no one there. An empty street with me and Yu in the center. But nothing is there. But why does the dark red ReiChii is still here. 

"Hey, aren't you suppose to go home at this late?"

I heard a voice behind me. There is a tall but beautiful young woman wearing heales with a white coat and a knee length skirt. "Oh, I'm sorry, I'll go home right now." I walk away from her and start to run. I'm getting scared. What was that? Why is the Red ReiChii floating there. I ran before I even think about it. I'm too scared.

 

I slept in my old place. Aunt Sooyoung just scold me for not be home earlier than usual and got a spank from her. This time, Hyun Jong didn't help me. The place is so small than I expected. I was wondering how am I going to sleep here. Then, I realized that I've been with Hyun Jong's rooms for so many months now and I forget that I have been sleeping in this space for a long time. I give out a heavy sighs. Why am I so sad about this? Truthfully, I am happy that I return back to my room but I can't help but feeling like this.

This isn't right.

 

" Yah, Park Soo Hyun!! " one of the girls slaps my backhead hard for me to be knocked down to the desk. I groan in pain. Those girls, I know them, they are Hyun Jong's fans. Very obssesive, even from the day Hyun Jong starts to beside me. "You jerk, how dare you throw Hyun Jong away? Huh, you steal him from us and now you push him aside, you've got some guts, you bastard!!" From those words, I can see they hated me so much. Yeah, who would have thought that a very popular boy in school hangout with an outcast like me. 

" Yah, you stupid girls, it was him that come to us, get a grip will you." Donghyun obviously protecting me. The girls snickering about him protecting me. Donghyun ah, stop it, stop it already!!!

"Why are protecting this bastard anyway, he seriously doesn't need any. He's too ignorant." said one of the girls while flipping her hair. Yeah, I'm an ignorant brat, so what? Donghyun stands up and went to the girls which makes me startled. " You better what your mouth or I will--"

I had enough. I know that it will hurt Donghyun for this. But it is best for him not to be with me anymore.  I clench my fist from the desk, I closed my eyes shut.I already had it. So with my utmost courage. I stood up and hold Donghyun's arms from going any further.

"Donghyun ah, stop it!!" Donghyun turns around. He looks at me with a very weird expression. " Don't in to my problems, okay?"

" Da heck is that, Soohyun ah, they were teasing you!!" Donghyun starts to feel angry. I hold my breath and looked at Donghyun. "It's annoying." I've said it, full stop. Donghyun's eyes widen as I walk away from him. I run away from everyone. I had enough already. I want to run away from those pitiful eyes. Although I am thankful for Donghyun but I seriously don't need it anymore. I walk straight to the roof top. I looked up into the sky. My eyes were blinded by the sun. I leave a heavy sigh and bit my lips. Sometimes, I felt more and more guilty. Why am I feeling this way. I have to get used of this whole thing like before. But then again. Hyun Jong's face yesterday and Donghyun's suddenly flooded into my head. 

"Hey!!"

I turn around and saw Yu with her usual cloths. She looks angry. Damn it, why did she had to look like that. "What is it?"

"You really crossed the line already. Why are you saying that?"

"About what?"

"That Hamtaro boy! Your best bud since kindergarden!"

"So?"

"So?! Is that the answer your giving me, a 'SO'?"

 "What's your problem?" I turn to Yu giving a face. Yu ticks her tongue and as she runs faster to me and grab my arms "Da heck your doing, leggo!!" But Yu didn't hear me as we both jump to the rooftop to the forest behind the school. "You YanBake, whadda heck ya doing!!" Yu look below me with her sharp gaze "What am I doing? I'm gonna start training your spirit energy."

"My spirit energy?" 

"Yeah." Yu is also explain that with it I can sharpen my Omnyojutsu and my ReiChii. First, I have to concentrate on moving that statue for starters. At first, I thought it's impossible to move a statue and not to mention I'm human when Yu demonstrates. I srunch my eyebrows and shook my head. "Seriously" She knocked my head with her boney but stronge fist. "Your sister can do it, how come you can't?"  I stare at her. For once, I hate to admit, Bomi nuna is greater at me in Onmyojutsu from the stories from Yu. I often hear her brag about how Bomi nuna use to dispel 10 Onryo with her strong ReiChii. The other side I knew Nuna is a great person and it's amazing that she defeat them in one go. Of course, it's my sister we're talking about. Everything about my sister is perfect!! but the other side of me often said I can't do it like Nuna did, it's pretty frustrating to think about it. I can't even dispel a one Onryo who is stronger than me and also a lot braver than me. I can't think of anything except I'm being a er for everything. I just hated if anyone compare me to other people. Now, I felt like I'm not in a right mind when Yu busy comparing me with Bomi nuna. I just hated it.

"Hey, what are you staring at the thin air for? Didn't you hear what I said?" I shook my head. I don't feel like understand something anymore. Without knowing I pissed Yu even more. "Chibisuke!!" I suddenly out of anger I went up and walk away from Yu. My face went red till my ears. I don't want to be fooled anymore. I don't want anyone. I want Bomi nuna. then I bumped and fell down. I groan in pain whislt I rub my bottom. "Da heck is your problem today?" I looked up and see Yu with her usual poker face and not to mention in  yankee style if you ask me. "Yesterday until now, you always keep your distance so sudden. Didn't you know that Hamtaro is in a shock for what you did and that Kurokun keeps ignoring you?" 

"None of your business, I want to be alone!" I went up pass Yu. "That's not gonna help you know. If Haru-san is still alive what will she say if you are like this?"

"DON'T MENTION MY SISTER'S NAME, YOU HEAR!?" I shouted with my lungs out. I don't care if Yu seems hurt. I don't care if Donghyun is disappoint in me. I don't care if Hyun Jong is ignoring me forever. I don't care. I don't care at all. I want to be alone. Isn't that too much too ask? "Oi, Chibisuke what the--"

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE,  I DON'T WANT THIS STUPID !! I WANT TO BE ALONE!! GET THE OFF MY FACE WILL YA?!"

I ran away and Yu seems to be disappointed in my imagination. That's alright. You can do this, Soohyun. You'll be fine alone anyway. Tears flowing right down to my eyes as I run.  I don't want to do this anymore. I don't even know what I was doing. 

 

Then I hear this eerie sound like an orgel playing as I stop. I turn around from the middle of the park. I felt those chills again. The dark red aura surrounds the park in the middle of the evening. The song keeps playing louder and louder. My head starts to hurt. My knees suddenly fall from the ground. It hurts. It's like my head is about to explode. As I started to open my eyes a little. I saw a little girl. All white like an Onryo but she just stand there. As soon as I was about to open my eyes, the girl came to me, her tiny hand and pats my head. The little girl then put something on my mouth as I sense the sweetness melting inside my mouth as soon as I close my eyes. The pain stops as I was slowly lying down the floor and all I hear is.

 

Break the curse,save her.

 

 

A/N: Finally update this chapter. I made Soohyun a little depressed here. And yeah, my writing because of my lacks of ideas and also my English is worsen so bear with me.