The Painful Past

Ghost Whisperer

 

I used to think that ghost is not real and it's only an illusion to scare you. That's why I often watch horror movies. My mom use to spank me for not studying because I watch too much. Well, I can't blame her, it use to drive my mom crazy. I don't want her to get  goosebump so I usually watch them when my parents are not around and my sister use to accompany as she is a horror freak like me.
 
   But I am not all that you know. Besides the horror freak, I am also love music  and love to dance. I love Yoo Jin's songs because her voice sooths me. My sis use to be teasing me because the fact that I am a fan  of her. 
 
 I love my family also, we use to have great time together, going somewhere and anywhere and I always have a camera with me. We were all very happy because it's..well, my family means a lot to me. Until an accident occurs.
 
 I remember when we all went to Japan for my father's week work there, he let us come with him for a family holiday. Of course we were so happy. My dad got promote and of course he don't have time to share the fun with us but I know he always there. Well, thanks to that lame joke he sent to us just to cheer us up. When we going back to Seoul, my dad finish his business trip and for three days he spent with us.We going back there by bus. All my family and the passanger were all some sleeping some chatting. I was about to sleep, but My sis, Bomi-nuna suddenly put an earphone in my ear got me surprised.
 
"Noona,what the--"
 
"Just listen.."
 
It was Yoo Jin's song, my favourite song, The Ghost of You. It's really sad song, but it shows that someone miss their love ones even they went to heaven. I look to Bomi nuna, and smile like an idiot I've always been. "Noona, how come you--"
 
"For my beloved younger brother--" She suddenly hug me tighter makes me lost my breath. "N-Noona, I-can't b-breath!!" 
 
"Oh sorry.." But she didn't let go, well, her hug was not hurt anymore. "Who knows that one day no one gonna buy you Yoo Jin's CD beside me?"
 
I laugh a little at my sis's sudden wit. But I have to admit it. My sis is very faster than me. She wanted me to be the first one  to hear Yoo Jin's new song and making sure I'm not missing anything. She's a great sister, despite how many times she bullies me all the time. She gave me a warm smile and put her head besides mine while her two palms put together  around my neck. I just giggled. 
 
   Then, all of a sudden, the bus suddenly moving very violently, my mom and dad and the rest of the passengers were awake and I can hear their gasp. "Noona, what's going on?" Bomi-nuna just look at me with fear, she shook her head. Then, a huge bump that shake the whole bus made the passanger screams in fear. "Noona" I looked at my sister in fear as so does my sister. "I'm scared" She then hold me tighter then before  "Don't worry, Soo Hyun ah, I won't let you--" Then the gravity of the bus begin like the bus was going to fell down. My sister immediatly pushed me to my knees and covers me. 
 
 
 
And then...
 
 
 
 My world became so dark. I try to open my eyes slowly but, Then slowly I heard a beeping sound. I try to open my eyes slowly I and a light blinds me. The sound of the footsteps running to something. I try to open my eyes a little longer as I realised that I am in the hospital. nurses and doctors where came running in panicked and some where trying to sent some patient to the ICU. 
 
 I try to speak as I can but my mouth is forzen as the nurse looks at me. She then call the doctor and ask him to do the check up to me. As soon the doctor came to me. "Hello, are you alright? Can you hear me?" I slowly nod at him. "Good, nurse hand me the--" His words suddenly fades as I closed my eyes. I wanted to sleep. I want to sleep away in this nightmare.
 
    Then, the white light suddenly covers me. I was standing in the center. I looking around me. There was nothing there. Nothing at all. I start to walk slowly. I still don't know where am I or what am I doing here. Then suddenly I saw this three figure in front of me. I start to recognized them after all, I know who are they even if their back turns I run a skip to them "Mom,Dad, Noona!! It's me, Soo Hyun!" But suddenly the walk away from me. Dumbfounded, I begin to chase after them. then they were walking away from so far. Fear caught up in my heart to the tip of my throat I chase them. "Mom,Dad, Noona!! Don't leave me!!" Tears suddenly flowing in my eyes before I realised it. "No, Mom,Dad,Noona, NOOO~~ Don't leave me!!" I quickly chase them until suddenly, a cold hand hold my hand. I stop as I turn around and there is a girl with a black long messy hair with white cloth, and as I watch my hand was holding by her white pale as a white wall. I then turn around and no one is there. 
 
"No one~~"
 
Her grip is too strong. I can't get her off my hand. I try to turn around to find my family but no one there. Caught on fear like  a disease that spread throught my body until a single sweat drops out. "MOM~DAD~NOONA!! HELP ME!!"
 
"No one~~"
 
"Help~~help me~~" My voice went weaker and weaker as I fall down to my knees, trying to let her grip off my hands. "let me go~~ please~~"
 
Then the girl suddenly smiles. A smile that you don't think it's a nice one. A very,scary smile, like you seen it from one of the psychotic movies when a psychopath killer kills the victim with their smile. Then suddenly, the floor suddenly went black and I fall from there in a end of a pitch black room. But the girl still hold on to my hand as she came closer and closer..
 
"NO ONE~~~!!!"
 
As she continue to come closer. I close my eyes. And suddenly I hear the same beeping sound, I open my eyes in the flash moment. I look around myself and there. I am at the room, with this wire things in my hand. I quickly remove the oxygen mask out of my face. And slowly I look at my surroundings. Where am I, I wonder, Why am I in this place? Where's Mom, Dad and Bomi nuna? 
 
 At some point I hear a footstep, someone wearing heals, came in, I glace over and there is a nurse. The nurse checking some thing. She look at my glance for a second, her facial expresion change and she went out side back. I look at the window, the sun blinds my eyes as I still remember the accident in Japan when we were on our way to the airport. Memories of my family are still roaming in my head.  
 
 "Nurse, bring me the patient's list so I can check." I look at the doctor, my vision seem hazy and it's like there is ten doctors. I try to close my eyes back and rub my eyes so I can see clearly. "Your name is Park Soo Hyun, is it?" I nod to the doctor, sure, that's my name, I didn't think that my name wil be different. "Well. Soo Hyun-sshi, you're a very lucky boy, to be able to survive that fall." My eyes flips for a moment. "Er~~ really?" 
 
"Yeah, and to be sent here in Korea..(sigh) usually, no one survive be sent here. It's good to be lucky,huh?" 
I finally move my lips a little and my voice came out very weak. "Where's my family?"
 
The doctor then looked at me with the surprised look on his face,"Excuse me?" This time my voice is loud and clear while repeat the same thing to the doctor "Where is my family? They should be with me, where are they?" The doctor then look at his papers again and his face turn sour. He lift his head slowly with a bitter smile. I don't like the way he look at me like that. Like there is something wrong. "What's the matter?" He look away as he called the nurse. Why, is there something wrong with my family? I keep on thinking the same thing as I felt worried. My heart stomp really hard.
   
  As the doctor walks ahead of me that sits in the wheel-chair with the nurse push me. I can't help but looking around, the other patient and the other doctor or nurses looking at my way. Whispering something and as they avoid my gaze to them. 
 
 The doctor stops in front of a door, I look at the sign says "Corpse Room" I begin to panicked in mind even if I look calm. "Here we are" The doctor suddenly turn to me. "I hope you are well prepared now." "Uhm, doctor, why are you taking me to this place?" The doctor didn't give me a reply as he steps into the room. "I'm sorry" The nurse suddenly voiced out. "Sorry...about what?" The nurse suddenly pushed me into the room. As we enter. There is three bodies were covered in white were in front of us. The doctor then remove the white cloth from the corpse's face. 
  
  Then, I was shocked. Wihtout words, still stuck, I watch the corpse identity. The first corpse was my father. The feeling of this cruel reality had me stuck. Tears slowly flowing from my eyes, I can't believe this, to be honest, no, it's true. I can't believe what my eyes saw. I start to cry but I tried my best to hold it. "That's not just your father..." I turn to the doctor's way with tears and loss. "W-What" then I realised, I cover my eyes, I try not to guess that the other two corpse is my mother and Bomi-nuna. I try to deny. I raised my head when the doctor and the nurse reveals the two corpse. I am speechless as I know that my guess was right, the corpse of my mother and Bomi-nuna was there right in front of my eyes. I can't explain this feelings, I start to cry, I can't control my emotions,
   I still can't accept the fact that my whole family leaves me. Then suddenly I begin to remember what Bomi-nuna said to me before the accident that no one will buy me Yoon Jin's CD besides her and her strange reactions to me. I begin to cry until my eyes were red. I can't help but feeling guilty when I found out that from the start they leaving me. I begin to come near to my sister's body. I sobbed hard as I put my head beside her cold head. "Noona~~how dare you~~how dare you leave me~~" The nurse trying to move me away from my sister's body. Seeing that makes me angry as I shove her away. "DON'T GET NEAR ME!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!" The nurse, again trying to move me away but the doctor stops her. "Just let him be..." I feel like the world around me stops for a second. In my head, I really wish this was all a joke my dad use to throw it like "Hey, son we're over here!! Gotcha" I imagine my mom and my sis were laughing at me "Man, I can believe you fall for that, " and hug me for calming me down and smiles like an idiot. But then. It wasn't gonna be true, is it? Because, they're gone, for real.
 
 
  It's been two weeks now, the funeral of my family were being held. My dad's collegues, my mom's friend and my sister's college mates attend the funeral. And also my friends at school. I kept on watching one of my mom's friend, who cries like a maniac like her daughter is the one who died. And so does my sister's friend. My good old friend, Donghyun were there by my side to comfort me. "Hey, are you okay?" I look at him slowly with an empty expression and just nod. This time, I don't want to talk about it. I didn't want Donghyun to know my sorrow, even if he's my best friend, I can't help but being a atatue even if they bow down if front of me, I didn't see them.  As I look at my dad,mom and Bomi-nuna's funeral potrait. Them smiling, those smile actually lift me up when I was down all the time but now, it's like. I can't explain the feeling though, my head is empty and so does my heart and soul. All empty
 
  My Dad,Mom and Bomi-nuna's bodies were buried next to each other as the rain falls hard, I watch helplessly as they buried into deep in the ground. As the monk chants. The sound of Donghyun's umbrella still ring into my ears. Tears flowing into my eyes one last time, thinking that they will still be here. thinking that this is suppose to be someone's grave. But then again, I can't help but telling myself that it was all just a bad dream but I can't. This is the reality I have to face. The fact that they are gone for good is part of it.  I fell right down to my knees and let tears flowing as much as it want to. I can't even block this feeling anymore as Donghyun going down just the same. My dad, who is like a friend to me. My mom, although not my real mom but still she is always there with me and so does Bomi-nuna, now she can't buy me Yoon Jin's CD anymore. I wonder if she feel guilty about it. But that's not important right now. Because they are gone for good. I have no choice but to say it although I hate those words.
 
"Good bye....forever.."
 
 
A/N: Soooo sorry if the 1st chapter is a bit tear jerking, When Soo hyun realised is gift is in 2nd chapter. So please look foward to it!!