The Reason I Despise You

Ghost Whisperer

 

"I am A GHOST WHISPERER?"
I keep looking at her serious face, I was hoping that she was joking around because I only heard poltergeist loves to jokes around. 
 
But Yu, who claim to be my partner keeps looking like she's for real. "Yeah, you are A GHOST WHISPERER and I'm not joking 
 
alright?" I then turn to Hyun Jong with a surprised look on my face which makes Hyun Jong kind off worried "What does she says?"
"She says that I am REALLY A GHOST WHISPERER!!"
Hyun Jong is a surprised as I did as he open his mouth"No way!!" I nod as an answer to his astonishment. "Like, really? A REAL ONE??"
I nod,again. Truthfully, I didn't know. Me, why me? I'm just an ordinary person. I don't have this kind of ability. I just look at the female yankee-like poltergeist. She still firm with her answer that I am a ghost whisperer. 
"But you made a mistake..."
"Whaddya mean making a mistake,huh? You ARE the right person, kay!!"
"But still..you made a mistake, I am not a ghost whisperer, I'm just..."
"Just what?"
"Soo Hyun?"
The yankee poltergeist just laugh at my answer. But her laugh has a meaning, like she is disappointed kind of laugh. I just look at 
 
her with an awe. 
"Just like Haru-san says, he sure is an idiot."
I stunned for a while, I just heared she called Bomi-nuna's name.  And she even speaks Korean"You knew Bomi-nuna?"
"Yeah, her Japanese name is Abe Haru, a descendent of Abe no Masahiro, an onmyoji of short."
"Omnyoji?"
"Yeah" She then rised from her seat and looked at the picture of my late father's old picture. Seeing my mom and dad and Bomi-
 
nuna in one picture enough to make her smile. "Your father is a trained onmyoji as well, an apprentice, of course. He and Shiki-san always on the journey to send the spirits back to the another world and dispel the evil spirit. Haru-san is also the promising onmyoji as well."
I surprised and shocked at the same time. That's not what Dad told me when I was little, I thought my father is a business man and my mom is also a photographer and Bomi-nuna is just a normal college student. They didn't tell me they are an actual onmyoji.
 
But what I know is my Dad, my Mom and Bomi-nuna can see ghost like I am. "But...why? Why you tell me all this?"
the poltergeist turn her gaze at me"Because they knew someday that you will carry their duty as an onmyoji, a ghost whisperer. 
 
And also they know till their dying day, you will protect this human world." They sent over their duty to me, to me who doesn't know anything until now. How am I suppose to accept this when didn't tell me a single word. Not a word at all when they are alive. 
 
I feel vexed, I want to shout as hard as my heart want me to. But I can't. I can't do it.
 
"So, I guess you have to start your training when you're ready,huh?" The poltergeist just looked through me as if she knew what's on my thoughts. "HE'S NOT READY AND HE'S NOT DOING ANYTHING!!" The poltergeist, Hyun Jong and myself turn to my uncle who is in a fit of rage. The poltergeist is no different, she came to my uncle and aunt, but slowly " And what makes you think like that?"
"B-Because" my uncle stutters "Because, he is living here peacefully without his family and very happy here with us. So please go back to your master and told him that he doesn't need anything!!" The poltergiest let out her spiritual energy directly crush a vase near my aunt and uncle made them yelp in horror. "Happy? Since when? Since that day his father, Shiki-san and Haru-san died? Since that day? No, I don't see him smile ONE BIT!!" Another glass broken because of the enrage poltergeist's spiritual energy. "And as far as I remember, you don't even look at him STRAIGHT TO THE EYE and treating him like a slave!!!"
"Please stop, you'll destroyed something. Please"
I looked at the poltergeist with a confused mind as she knows from the look of my face. She turn around and let a sigh to the air 
 
"Anyways, we have to find that spirit that made that accident three months ago."
"A spirit"
"Yeah, an evil sprirt that made the bus turns awole and go straight to the ground that takes their life"
"What do you mean?"
"Soo Hyun, she's crazy, she's just wind you up. Soo Hyun ah, just send her off please"
"YOU CAN'T MAKE HIM SEND ME OFF, ONLY MY MASTER AND HER FAMILY CAN SEND ME!!YOU LIAR!!"
"Liar?What do you mean?"
"Soo Hyun, it's them--They are the one who send those evil spirits to destroy you three months ago." I suddenly remember the accident three months ago where my family died on their way to Narita airport. I remember my sister's fearful but rage gaze at omething. Back then I also sense something evil also. I also remember my dream. A white paled skin and long messy hair with the white dirty clothes. I look at my uncle and aunt "Is this--True?"
My uncle didn't know anything but I realised my aunt laughing maniacly until her sons and her husband looked at her. "Is it true, Aunt Soo Young?" She still laughs as if she accomplish something and as if she didn't hear what I said "Aunt Soo Young!!" She suddenly stops laughing. "You remember now,huh?"
"So, is it true of what she said? Aunt Soo Young" She then  enrage and slaps me to the ground hard, Hyun Jong who is with me  came to my side and raised me up a little"Soo Hyun ah! Mom, what the heck did you doing?"
Suddenly her eyes in red as Aunt Soo Young change her body into pale white with a worn-out white hanbok. Her short hair flies around her as her face begin to crack and her lips were black. My uncle who is beside her were shocked and so does Hyun Dong.
 
Yu also turn her eyes red and that green aura is overflowing around her. "Finally  show your true colours now huh?" When Yu clinch her fist and jumps from the ground and punch Aunt Soo Young to the ground but the ghost-turned Aunt Soo Young just disappears and punch Yu from the back and it's her turn to land hard to the ground. As she lands slowly with a cynical, psychotic smile as she turn her head slowly to me. 
"I~~WANT~~TO~~KILL~~YOU~~"
She then came to me as fast as lighting and her face came near mine. She laughs like a maniac and start to choke me hard. She repeats that 'I want to kill you' and laughs maniacly. "Why?--erk--Why--"
"I HATE YOU~I HATE YOUR FAMILY~I AM GONNA KILL YOU~~~"
"W-Why.." Then she change expression, in rage she choke as hard as she can. I can feel my neck are going break any second. Tears flowing from my eyes even as I closed them. I really wished that this is all just a dream, but the pain is too real. I am really going to die. 
 
"YOU BASTARD, GET THE HELL AWAY FROM HIM" Yu using her spiritual energy to snap Aunt Soo Young As I fell from her grasp, I can feel that my back hits someone, he suddenly wrap his arms around my waist as I slowly lands. "" I turn to my right as I saw Hyun Jong  struggle to get up . "Urgh, are you okay?"
"Hyun Jong ah.."
"Why don't you tell you nephew about your grudge, huh?"
"Why should I tell you~~" and she starts to laugh again. "I AM going to tell him HER grudge againts him..."
Soo Hyun just stay down there gazing at his possessed aunt as she laughs "You're father....Is a very very blind MAN...VEERRRYYY BLIIIINNDDD~~"
"Your aunt is MAAADDDLLYY IN LOOOOVEEE with your father before you were born. Your father is respectful person, hard working and put his family first into everything..Your aunt is in love~~" She smiles as tears of blood suddenly flows from her eyes as she changes her facial expression as she looked at me with anger and hate. "But she changed after your father married an onmyoji.A very beautiful lady, She wants to forget her feelings, she wants to see him happy..BUUUTTT~~ She saw what she is not supposed to see....She talks to the ghost--A spirit. As that filthy onmyoji laughs with the spirit, your aunt see what she sees and tell this to your father--But no, he didn't listen to every word he says. Even if she talks to 'herself' she is still his 'wife'...She is very angry--But she won't give up..She want to proove that filthy woman is crazy as the day went by she drag your father in to a cold night as she point out that she was talking again--Finally" The ghost smiles "Finally she gets what she wanted--Finally she will have her man ack!! BUUT~~hehehehee" Then she stops smiles and as the red aura surrounds her as she stares at me. "Your father slaps her and STILL defends her--which it leads to this--He can also see ghosts--She is angry--and jealous--That's what she decided 'If I can't have you,NO ONE WILL!!!'That's why I made that accident~~to fulfill my master's wish--"
 
I can't believe of what I just heard. I can't believe it. She did this, ALL this just because of this jealousy of my mother. I can't I can't held it any longer, I was angry and sad at he same time. My heart was sliced into two. I clinch my fist until blood dripping from my hands. 
 
"AND NOW YOOOOUUUU DIEEEEEE!!!!"
"AS IF!!"
Yu suddenly charge to the ghost as she push herself and the ghost cornered. As Yu's eyes begin red in order to freeze the ghost. Yu then turn to my way as she completely had the ghost freezed. "Now Soo Hyun, use your ability.." But I didn't hear what she says. 
My head is filling with thoughts of killing her, make her suffer of all the suffering she give to my family. "SOO HYUN!!!" I suddenly snapped out as Yu shouted my name twice now, As I saw the possessed Aunt Soo Young. I then realied as I watch her, she is a human being too, I can't keep on clinging on to the past just like them. "What shall I do with it?"
"Use those jumon to dispel the ghost!!"
"Jumon?" Then I realised I only heard Jumon when I saw my sister says something weird to her friend who was possessed. I try to keep those words together in my mind so I imagined as the words my sister use to say I finally realised. I quickly throw a gesture like a ninja as I close my eyes. "Focus on your spiritual energy, Soo Hyun. and repeat after me these jumon--"
"Rin,Pyo,Tou,Sha,Kai,Jin,Retsu,Zai,Zen"
As soon as I felt a strange aura surrounds me, I repeat what Yu says. "Rin-Pyo-Tou-Sha-Kai-Jin-Retsu-Zai-Zen"
Yu then release her green aura and combined with mine as we linked our spiritual energy. "Evil spirits who quest to seeks human 
 
grudge and try to manipulate them with the evil intentions, Separate from your Master and go to where you belong"
"EVIL SPIRIT,BEGONE!!!!"
As my hands automaticly moves and release a very bright light from my palm and throw it to the ghost. The Spirit finally release Aunt Soo Young as she fells to the ground as the spirit burns. "What-What did I just throw?"
"Seirei no Bidama"
"Huh?"
"The Spiritual Beam, for starters, it's important as you concentrate your spirit energy and mine, as your guardian and the beam inflected on the evil spirits.."
"Oh," I looked at a little glimps of my palm, it didn't burn, of course, because it only works on an evil spirits, she says. I can 
believe I just did that, I don't know why, it's scary..
"Don't worry, your sister also scared for her first time,too"
I slowly smiles as she was trying to cheer me up. But then I remembered Aunt Soo Young. I looked at her husband and her sons were trying to wake her up. "Honey, honey can you hear me?"
"Mom, mom wake up!!"
"Mommy don't leave us!!"
 
Aunt Soo Young slowly open her eyes as she sees her husband and both of her sons. She smiles as she raised her body with the help of her husband. Hyun Dong quickly hug her as Hyun Jong watches. "Hyun Dong ah, don't cry, why are you crying?"
"B-Because...I'm scare...of loosing Mommy..."
"My baby" she hugs her fat son really tight but as soon as she saw me, her expresion changes, but no more shouting and crossed her eyes, she just put on an empty expression as she looked away. I remember the ghost telling me about her jealousy of my mom. 
 
I want to tell her something just to ease her, but, now that I think about it, it's best if I didn't say anything. "Yu"
"Yeah?"
"Can we move somewhere else..."
"Why suddenly?"
"I don't want to stay here.."
Yu didn't say nothing as she lower her head and made her way to the front door. As I followed her footsteps with a heavy heart, I kept thinking this would be the last time I will stay here. No one is this family will miss me anyways. My family didn't do anything to them but their deep hatred never gone away. As soon as I came near the door. "Soo Hyun ah" as I stop and turns to Hyun Jong who called me. I stare at his eyes for a moment, I knew that deep inside he want me to stay here. He wanted to protect me even from his own family. I can tell that he was about to say 'Please don't go'. Seeing him like that makes me felt guilty about leaving.
 
I close my eyes really hard as I turn back to Yu. I really don't want to stay here. I really don't, but there is something stops me, I try to shake that feeling off. But Yu turns around as she gave me a warm smile "You don't need to move outta here."
"Why?"
"Although you says they often treats you like a nobody, but there always someone who treats you like you are somebody." As she looked at Hyun Jong as I followed. Hyun Jong really don't want me to leave. "But...I"
"Don't worry, I'll stay here with you..If they bully you again--You know what I'll do to them, so, you staying?"
I keep looking at Hyun Jong and thinking about leaving this place, but then again, if I left, Mom,Dad and Bomi-nuna might have been disappointed. I change my mind as I look at him and smiles, like an idiot I am. "Okay.." I'll stay here. Although I don't like it here, but this is my home. Despite that my uncle always throws a racist comment abou Japanese at me, despite my Aunt Soo Young orders me around and made me do all the house work, despite Hyun Dong bullies me from home to school. I don't care about that. I only think about some people, like Hyun Jong needs me here and I am forever grateful to that.
 
 
I'll stay
 
Despite they hate me and my family so much
 
"I'll stay"