Fictional

Pieces Of You

 

It was like a fairytale.

He was that prince protected by castle walls, stuck inside the royal household, given the best treatment human beings can get.

And I was that poor girl, working hours and hours around the castle, barely getting a glimpse of the royal prince. Only heard rumors and seen portraits.

Then we meet for the first time…

And we talk…

And we eat together…

And…

We LIKE each other.

But how would I know it was happily ever after when the villains are yet to come?

----

I sat inside the conference room, papers, clear books and pictures scattered all over the desk. I was given the task to compile pictures for a new spreadsheet to be used by my boss for samples in his new portfolio. It wasn’t that difficult a job but when he DOESN’T give specific orders on what should go together or which shouldn’t be included and just tells you to ‘surprise him’ with your ‘creativity’ you’d think that you would really need to impress him or you’re fired.

Stress was devouring me limb by limb and I could feel my hair dishevel on its own, if that’s even possible.

Just as I could feel steam ready to burst out of my ears, the door opens.

I reserved this room for myself the whole day, please don’t tell me I have to pack up and leave!

“Hey~”

There’s that voice again. That warm, husky voice I just can’t get enough of.

I forced a smile and waved before turning back to my work. Noticing this, he sat beside me and laid his head on the table, “stressed out, huh?” he says.

Nodding, I look at him.

He smiled at me and raised a hand to tuck my hair behind my ears.

SCRATCH THAT.

This was no fairytale. It’s a freaking shoujo manga.

He, the perfect cool guy, and I, the nerd-tastic epic failure of man-kind oh yes the most cliché couple in the Anime universe.

“Is anything wrong?” Jaejoong lifted his head from the table, his face now only a few centimeters from mine.

I was spacing out again, lost in his gaze.

His eyes were searching mine and I assume mine’s doing the same. It’s a little difficult to turn away when I had so much to ask him.

Why me?

Why someone so mediocre when he could have all his pretty co-workers at his feet with just one smile?

I opened my mouth to speak but I was interrupted when I felt something soft and warm on my lips.

At the moment I realized Jaejoong just kissed me, he's already moved back.

-his kiss-

He smiled then placed a hand over his mouth. Laughing, he said, “Are you alright?”

I parted my lips to speak, then closed them again, then opened again. I probably looked like a fish fresh out of water trying to breathe.

“You kissed me.” I exhaled.

He nodded and pinched my cheeks. “Sure did” he spoke as he leaned in for another one.

 “Thank you” I unconsciously muttered onto his lips. He rested his forehead on mine, “no. Thank you~ I’ve been wanting to see you all day. I missed you.”

I moved my head back and suppressed a giggle. This man is so cheesy.

“Well… I missed you too.” I blushed as I gathered the pictures and classified them by theme.

Moving his chair closer to mine, Jaejoong wrapped his arms around my waist and laid his head on my shoulder. “When you’re done with this, are you going home?” he asked.

-his hold-

“If I finish it today, yes I will.” I said, turning my head to his direction.

“Wanna have dinner at my place?”

The question was too bold. Yes I know, it isn’t like he’s asking me to sleep with him but he wants me in his home, his personal place.

“I’ll cook whatever you want”

They said his cooking is absolutely amazing but I can’t impose. He’s already very busy and I’d still ask him to cook.

He stole another kiss, “I’d take that as a yes,”

“Bu-“

“Nope. No backing out.” He smiled sweetly as he took his arms off me and folded them over the table.