Impression

Pieces Of You

 

I sat on the other side of the room, eyes wandering over the familiar faces. It was the wrap-up party of another successful drama.

As I began to lose interest, I caught sight of a familiar stare. I’ve seen it many times before but right now it felt too real.

-his eyes-

Kim Jaejoong’s stare at the director was full of sincere attention to whatever the man was saying, his eyes kept their focus on the man whom he was sharing a conversation with. And then he smiles, his eyes doing the same. His cold, focused stare turned bright and jolly. How could his eyes demonstrate such contrasting emotions?

His gaze shifted, meeting mine. I looked away. He must’ve sensed me staring. I felt heat rush to my cheeks then spread to my face.

Even just his eyes got me blushing.

I lifted my hand over my mouth and headed to the ladies’ room, I glanced at him, his eyes still on me. One eyebrow up, he’s staring at me with curiosity. There was nothing about me that should intrigue him, why is he still looking?

I entered the restroom and looked at myself in the mirror. My cheeks flushed, my hair slightly messed up and my lipstick fading. As I dipped a hand into my pouch I could feel my hand shaking along with my rapid heart beating. What if he thinks I’m a weirdo? A stalker? A sasaeng fan?

I retrieved my hand from the bag, taking nothing. There was no way I could put on lipstick when I’m a nervous wreck.

I heaved out a sigh and calmed myself with a little more breathing before leaving the area.

As I stepped out, I bumped into the man I was staring at a while ago.

“Hi.” He said, his lips forming a smile.

-his smile-

I was mesmerized.

“H-hi” I forced myself to smile properly but ended up with an awkward grin.

My eyes landed on his lips, his teeth, the dimples gently settling on the sides of his mouth.

His smile was different from what I see when he's in front of the camera.

On TV, his smile was staged, it felt fake, yet it seemed so honest.

Like he smiles to avoid questions, to make people think he’s alright when he’s really breaking but at the same time so sincere because he just doesn’t want to make the people around him feel bad.

But right now... it's incomprehensible. In a good way.

His eyes stayed focus on mine and I felt the world pause for a moment.

Was this how it felt like to fall in love on the first meeting?

“So…” he began as we awkwardly stood there.

I got pulled back to reality as a woman lightly pushed me out of the way.

Turning my head to the side I muttered a soft, “Sorry” to the lady.

The woman has already entered the restroom when I realized I was leaning on something rather sturdy but softly moving and something was clasped on the sides of my arms.

I face front and met the chest of the man I was talking to a while ago.

My nose picked up a very masculine yet sweet smell.

-his scent-

For a moment, I didn’t want to move. I was captivated by the aroma that lingered on him.

Realizing that I was holding on to him too long, I quickly stepped back and bowed, “I’m sorry.”

He smiled again and waved a hand.

“No, it’s alright. Would you like to join me for a drink?” he pointed at the bar on the other side of the room.

I felt it was rude if I refused so I nodded and followed him.

We settled down on the high stools.

He raised a hand to call the barista’s attention.

I continued to stare at him as he gave his order.

The way he smelled grazed my memory... the way he smiled embedded in my mind... and the way he stared...

"Yours?" he said, turning to me.

Took my breath away.


How's that for the first chapter?

Comments & subscriptions are welcome~

Thank you for reading^^