Words

Pieces Of You

 

I checked my watch for the fifth time that night. 

Jaejoong still hasn’t arrived.

Is he okay? Did he get into an accident on the way here? Why isn’t he here yet? It’s almost an hour, I better call… But what if he’s caught up in traffic or trapped in the car because of his fans? He won’t be able to answer the phone. Ah, where is he? But… I think I should just check if he’s okay.

Jaejoong-sshi has anything happened?

I clutched my phone in my cold pale hands. The place he reserved is right in the garden and my coat isn’t enough to keep me very warm.

I’m really sorry m(_ _)m I’m stuck at the office. I’m really sorry! I’ll be there in a few minutes.

Well… he’s okay.

I called the waiter and asked for the menu.

“But miss, your course for tonight has already been settled by your companion.” He politely told me.

I pouted, “Just a warm cup of milk tea would be nice, please?”

“O-okay miss.” The waiter bowed before leaving.

“Yah!” I heard my favorite voice coming from across the room.

I saw him approach the waiter and tell him something. The waiter nodded vigorously and walked away.

“Hi” I sighed at Jaejoong as he came closer to our table.

“Don’t make that face. Don’t pout at me or anyone else” his voice was cold and authoritative as he sat down across me.

The way he says the wrong things to sound right

How could he scold me when he’s the one who’s late on our very first date? I’m supposed to yell at him and make a scene, but that’s way beyond what I can do. So I looked down and rubbed my hands together, the cold air already seeping through my skin.

“I’m sorry, I made you wait for so long” Jaejoong said as he stood up and placed his black jacket over my shoulders, “I wanted to leave but they made me stay-“ “I’m not asking for an excuse, just… I’m hungry” I smiled at him.

Jaejoong was already a man of too many problems. He doesn’t need me to add up to that.

---

I watched Jaejoong stick two pieces of French fries in between his lips and pretend he’s a vampire. It’s an amusing sight, really, but rather very weird and off from what fans may see. I continued to laugh at his antics while shoving my own share of fries into my mouth.

We were sitting on my desk, my desk lamp being the only light inside the room. Facing the window, observing the building nightlights of Seoul illuminate the town, we continued to have a snack. I had paperwork to finish while he had an overnight filming at a location nearby and this was our only opportunity to meet for this week. So no matter how corny, simple, boring the idea was, we grabbed that only free time.

We’d schedule dates when we were free and it was always dinner that we’d share, sometimes breakfast or midnight snacks, but it always landed on a time when there were not that many people wherever we were going.

Maybe… I’m not cut out for this. He’s hiding me I know it, but… he does have an image to protect and I don’t think I should be messing with it.

“You okay?” Jaejoong suddenly took my hand in his.

The way his words make me forget everything else

I looked at him and the lights outside highlighted his features so perfectly. His eyes searched mine as he questioned me again, “Hey, is there anything wrong?”

“No, nothing’s wrong. I’m just happy you’re here” I smiled at him.

He returned my gesture and squeezed my hand lightly, “You better get used to it, coz I don’t plan on leaving.”

 

 

Sorry too late an update 

but at least...

Yeay! Semestral break~

So what do you guys think so far?