Expectation

Pieces Of You

From one coincidental meeting to another, I’m starting to think that he’s purposely trying to run into me. But what would such a perfect man want to do with a simpleton like me?

Dinner?

I read that text message with Jaejoong-sshi’s voice and expression playing in my mind. Why do I even bother thinking too much into his actions? They mean nothing. He means nothing. But… there’s a nagging at the back of my head hoping that it isn’t. Again, what would such a perfect man want to do with a simpleton like me?

Not tonight, we’re having a late shoot :(

My heartbeat quickened- I just refused one of the things that add color to my mundane routine. I dumped my head on my desk hoping I don't think of doing anything more stupid.

“AISSHHHHHHH!” left my mouth as I lifted my head to rub my forehead. My phone buzzed again.

What are you doing right now?

He’s probably not doing anything today… his friends are probably busy.

Nothing really… just re-checking the details for later.

It didn’t even take a minute before he replied, “I’ll pick you up now, let’s go eat.”

Nope, it wasn’t an invitation. It was an order. A sweet yet very demanding order.

Alrighty~                

-His straightforward attitude-

I sat across him, observing his features as we talked and ate.

Where is this going Jaejoong-sshi?

I wanted to ask him this. I wanted to voice it out so bad. But what if I’m just reading too much into it? What if he’s just really trying to be friendly…

“Is there anything on my face?” Jaejoong spoke all of a sudden, shaking me from my thoughts.

I shook my head and turned my attention to twirling the pasta on my fork.

He let out a sigh then talked again, “I shouldn’t have forced you to meet me-“ his voice soft and sorry.

Almost instantly, my hand was on his arm and I was vigorously shaking my head.

“No, no! I wanted to meet you. I like you!” my mouth just ran words without processing them in my brain first. As soon as I realized this, I took my hand off him, “I meant… I like eating with you. Eating. With you. I like.”

I bowed my head in shame. I just admitted that I liked him. He’d probably lay down the line and say he doesn’t like me that way and not call me t-

“I like eating with you too”

His voice stopped my train of thought as I raised my head to face him. There he was again, smiling at me.

He just said he likes eating with me…

EATING WITH me….

Not me.

A sigh escaped my lips before I placed the fork in my mouth.

He continued to tell his stories, run his jokes and talk about music. I continued to laugh and react but there’s a slight loss of enthusiasm because I knew this wasn’t going anywhere.

“What time do you have to be back on the set?” Jaejoong then said.

I glanced at my wrist watch.

“Homy- I need to be back there in 5 minutes!”  I quickly grabbed my stuff and stood up, accidentally tipping over a glass and pouring the iced tea on my shirt

“gahd why am I so clumsy?!” I thumped my forehead then immediately bowed, “I’m so sorry Jaejoong-sshi! Did I spill some on you? I’m very sorry!”

I felt hands fall on my shoulders, “Get up, it’s okay. You better get cleaned up.”

“I don’t have time!” I tried to move out of his hold and run out as fast as I could but the hands on my shoulders moved to the side of my face. Jaejoong leveled his gaze with mine and said, “Calm down, I’ll drive you back to the studio.”

-the way he cares-

After paying for the meal, we immediately headed back.

As the car went to a stop in front of the building, I quickly jumped off while uttering my thanks.

“Wait!” Jaejoong called.

I whipped my head around and saw him raising a bag. I looked down on my arm and well… that’s obviously my bag he’s holding.

Cautiously, I walked to him, bowed another apology and mumbled another thank you.

“And just for the record…” he smiled at me then leaned next to my ear, “I like you too.”

He moved back and got into his car.

He likes me…