Happy Feeling

Grown up

 

 

Chapter 2

 

            “Woo Hyuk where are you?” yelled Geun Young on Friday afternoon. She went on Sta. Barbara Educational Institute where Woo Hyuk and Min Ah are studying. What she wanted was to search for Woo Hyuk and talk to him personally. “I just came here in an hour but still can’t see him, even his shadow.” complained Geun Young talking to her self.

             She was walking along the corridor, and when she turned right she accidentally hit a lady.

            “Oh I’m sorry,” she said asking for forgiveness.

            “Its okay, I’m fine.”

            “Are you sure you don’t hurt?” she asked. The girl nodded. “Then excuse me,” said Geun Young. She turned and ran away. The lady followed her eyes. She’s an outsider, I wonder who she is”, she said with a confused face.

            “Mhia!” a male voice from behind called her. It was Choi Woo Hyuk, on his way from the library. He is a handsome guy who wears eye glasses. Mhia is his girl friend.

            “So, you’re here. C’mon, let’s go home.” said Mhia.

            Meanwhile, Geun Young wandered in the school’s cafeteria, there she accidentally saw Min Ah.

            Min Ah was eating snacks with her classmates when she saw her.

            “What are you doing here?” she asked. Geun Young smiled “I just drop by to meet Woo Hyuk. I will remind him about February 29” she said.

            “Hey Min Ah!” called Bianca, one of her classmates.         “Who is she; don’t you want to introduce her?”

            “She’s Moon Geun Young”, Min ah began “she is my friend from grade school. Geun Young meets my new friends, Bianca, Carla, Dimples and Angie.”

            “Hi!” the girls said in chorus.

            “Yorishiku!” said Stella cheerfully. Min Ah’s classmates got confuse. They didn’t understand what SGEun Young had said.

            “A- that’s Nice to meet you in Japanese,” Min Ah explained. “My friend has colonial influenced, you know because of too much watching of Japanese drama.”

The girls smiled, then they continued what they were talking before Geun Young arrived.

            “So, what kind of movie we’ll watch?” asked Angie.

            “Movie, if you guys planning to watch a movie, try Syuyu-san movie 13. It’s great!” GEun Young suggested. 

“Syuyu-san, but it’s a cartoon. The kind of movie belongs to kids” said Dimples.

 

            “That’s definitely incorrect!” Geun Young exclaimed.  “Actually we are Syuyu-san’s fanatic, aren’t we Min Ah?” said GEun Young, facing her best friend.

 

            “Is that true Min ah, you’re a Syuyu-san’s fan?” asked Carla.

 

            “Min Ah felt embarrassed “a well….when I was a kid I like it, but now of course I didn’t. Now if you excuse us”, she said “I’ll just want to talk to my friend privately”. Min Ah turned and took her friend outside, the cafeteria.

            “Geun Young, why don’t you try to think first before saying anything?” said Min Ah angrily.

            “I only give my suggestion.”

            “Yah, but your suggestion is not fitted. We’re not a Syuyu-san fanatic”

“What are you talking about?” asked Geun Young.  “You and I love it so much”.

            “But it was a long time ago. Even Woo Hyuk didn’t watch it anymore. Geun Young don’t you see, we’re grown up,” Min Ah insisted.  “Now if you have nothing good to say, go home.”

            “Ok” said GEun Young. “But please don’t forget our party on February 29?” Geun Young still demanded the presence of her friends. ‘I’m hoping all of you will come,” she continued, “our party will be held on our space.”

            The space she’s talking about was the old storage of Hong ki’s family.

            “Okay, you win, I’ll go.” Min Ah forced to say.

            “That’s great, I’ll expect you.” said Geun Young then she left.

            “She’s childish-she’s so childish” Min Ah muttered again and again, turning back inside the cafeteria. “She’s still immature.” She was addressing to Geun Young.

            “Hey, where’s your friend?” asked Bianca.

            “She went home, there’s other thing she needs to do.

 

 *

            Woo Hyuk’ cell phone beep. Someone was calling.

            “Is that Geun Young?” asked Mhia. She and Woo Hyuk were eating halo-halo at the cat’s eye café, an ice cream parlor down the road from Sta. Barbara Educational institute.

            “Yes, it’s Geun Young” Woo Hyuk replied.

            “That girl….. She always bother you, she likes you, isn’t she?”

            “We’re just friend.”

            “Yeah, I know. You treat her as friend but don’t you notice, she’s obsessed with you.”

            “Enough!” said Woo Hyuk with cold voice. “Mhia she’s my childhood friend, you had no reason to be jealous.”

            “No- I’m not jealous.” She insisted. “But I warn you Woo Hyuk, don’t answer your phone.”

            Woo Hyuk didn’t listen. He answered the phone.

            “Hello Geun Young”

            “Thanks God, you answered. I just want to-----“

            “Hello Geun Young, Geun Young ……..”

            Geun Young’s phone battery got empty.  

 “Now, you gave me a clear reason to be jealous.” said Mhia. She stood up and walk away.

            “Mhia, wait.” Woo Hyuk followed her.

 

 

 

            “Woo Hyuk?” said GEun Young, she saw him outside the café. She called his name but the guy didn’t hear it.

Stella decided to go home. While walking on the street, she saw a familiar face.

            “That guy…,” she said addressing to the man who was standing at the opposite side of the road. “If I’m not mistaken he is…Guen Suk.”

            “Geun Suk!” called GEun Young, hurrying up to him.

“Huh?” The guy turned to her. “Hey, Ms., don’t cross!” he cried as he saw a car towards Geun Young. He jumped forward and pulled her away. He successfully saves Geun Young.

            “That was closed!” he said “Ms., do you really want to die?”

            “No--- but thank you, Geun Suk,” said Geun Young

“It doesn’t matter. Hey, how do you know my name?” asked Jang Geun Suk, a cute long haired guy.

            “Don’t you remember me?”

            “A, well….. Yah, I know you. You’re one of my fans, Aren’t you? I’m a superstar so it isn’t questionable to earn fans--- ha-ha-ha.

            “What are you talking about? Geun Suk, it’s me Moon Geun Young.”

Geun Suk paused a moment. “You’re Moon Geun Young –in grade school?”

            “Exactly!” she said.

            “Oh, Geun Young, long time no see!” said Geun Suk cheerfully. “You change for good. You’re so beautiful,”

            “Thanks, by the way Geun Suk why didn’t you e-mail me back? Are you also busy?

            “You’re right I’m busy paying my full attention in studying and playing tennis. I just requested my sister to open my account. I remembered, she told me about your e-mails.            Sorry for not responding” said Geun Suk

            “Never mind, what important is today, that we met again. Are you free, can we have words right now?”

            “Oh sure and if you want, I’ll treat you.”

 *

Geun Suk and Geun Young went in the nearest food chain. They eat and talk for minutes.

            “Well…” Geun Young began. “It’s about Hong ki; do you still remember his farewell party?”

            “Of course, I can’t forget it, especially the desert his mother made for us.”

            “Cool, because Hong Ki came back” said Stella.

Geun Suk smiled “Really, how is he?” he asked.

            “He’s okay. Do you want his number?”

            “Oh sure give, it to me,” said Geun Suk, getting his cell phone from his pocket. “Give also your number.”

            “Another thing, I’m preparing a party that will be held this coming February 29. It is our Friendship day, remember?” said Geun Young “I’ll expect you there.”

            “Me, but I’m not sure if I could go, you know, the tennis Regional Tournament is coming.” Geun Suk explained.

“Oh, well,” muttered Geun Young, averting her eyes she was sad.

Gun Suk got worried “Don’t be sad,” he said. “I‘ll try to go.”

“You will?” asked Geun Young flashing with smile. “Then I will wait you.”

 

            After eating, they walked at the park. “I really enjoyed tennis,” said Geun Suk. “Aside from enjoyment it gives, it also an exercise.”

            “As I see you are fitted on that sport, just like Asakura, one of Syuyu-san’s cast.” said Geun Young.

            “Syuyu-san, well… actually, I don’t watch it anymore” Said Geun Suk

            “Same as Min Ah and Woo Hyuk. You three are really grown up.”

            “Really” said Geun Suk “including Woo Hyuk?”

            “Yes!” Geun Young expanded. “And you know what, he is their school president. It’s a great achievement, isn’t it?”

“There’s no doubt” answered Geun Suk “Since in grade school Woo Hyuk is very talented,.”

            “Yah, you’re right,” said Geun Young, playing a smile on her lips. She then realized that it was already late, she needed to go home before her mother scold her.

            “I need to go. See you on February 29.”

            “Okay, bye Geun Young.”

            “Bye!”

            “A wait!” called Geun Suk. Geun Young turned and stopped.

            “Why?” she asked.

           Geun Suk stared and kissed her on her cheek.  “That’s it, bye!” he ran away after that.

             “Hey: Geun Suk!” Geun Young exclaimed “You’re still mischievous!” she grumbled.

 

            That night, Geun Young tried to call Woo Hyuk but he didn’t answer so she sent him a text message.

            “a while ago my cp got empty. I will expect you on Feb. 29, in our space, see yah there. – Stella.

            She waited for a reply. It almost an hour but she didn’t received any text… another hour passed when she received a message but not from Woo Hyuk.

           

“Hey: Geun-chan, moshi-moshi! Dz  s Geun Suk. I just want 2 grt u gudnyt. God  blez and slip tyt. Amai yume. Muah!”

           

            Amai yume in Japanese is sweet dreams.

 

            “Um..!! Geun Young exclaimed, speechless. Although Woo Hyuk didn’t reply, there’s Geun Suk who really made her glad. 

-left-w�*:0p�`� r-style: initial; border-color: initial; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">            “Yes!” Stella expanded. “And you know what, he is the school president. It was his great achievement, isn’t it? There’s no doubt. Alexis was very talented, since when we are in grade school.”

 

 

            “Yah, you’re right,” said Stella, playing a smile on her lips. She then realized that it was already late, she needed to go home before her mother scold her.

            “But sad to say, I need to go. See you on February 29.”

            “Okay, bye Stella.”

            “Bye!”

            “A wait!” called Alvin. Stella turned and stopped.

            “What it is?” she said.

            Alvin stared at her and kissed her on her cheek

            “That it is bye!” he ran away after that.

             “Hey: Alvin!” Stella exclaimed “you’re still mischievous!” she said.

 

            That night, Stella tried to call Alexis but he didn’t answer so she sent him a text message.

            “Sorry if my call had cut, my c p got empty. I will expect you at Feb. 29, see yah there. – Stella.

            She waits for Alexis replied. It almost an hour but she didn’t received any text… another hour passed away when she received a message but not from Alexis.

           

“Hey: Stella, moshi-moshi! Dz  s Alvin. I just want 2 grt u gudnyt. God  blez and slip tyt. Amai yume. Muah!”

           

            Amai yume in Japanese is sweet dreams.

            “Um..!! Stella exclaimed, speechless. Although Alexis didn’t reply, there’s Alvin who really made her glad.