One day One dream

Grown up

 

 

 

Chapter IV

 

            There were things Geun Young didn’t see. She thought their friendship was ideal, but it semmed to be broken now.

            It was already six in the evening when Geun Young accidentally met Woo Hyuk in the park.

            “Geun Young!” called Woo Hyuk.

            That scene gave them a chance to see each other again. They walked a few moments in silence, sitting down in a grassy spot at the park.

            “I forgot when our last meeting was.” Woo Hyuk began.

            “Me too, I also forgot.” Geun Young said.

            “A, Woo Hyuk, can I ask you something?”

            “Go ahead”

            “A while ago, Min Ah told me the conflict between you and Geun Suk. Is it true that I am the reason?”

            “Yeah.” Woo Hyuk said directly.

            “Why me?” asked Geun Young, troubled.

           “It was just a misunderstanding... between two young man, because... we both like you.” he said facing away from Geun Young.

Geun Young blushed.

            “But that happened before. Our situation now is different. I already forgive him.” Woo Hyuk corrected.

            “In deed, Min ah is right; I was stupid for not noticing your feelings. I’m so sorry, said Geun Young.

            “That’s okay. That was part of the past, and past is past.” Woo Hyuk said.

            He did not intend to hurt Geun Young, but his word did. He and Min Ah had the same point of view.

            “Woo Hyuk, I need to go now. Thank you for your time,” said Geun Young.

            “I’ll take you home” Woo Hyuk offered.

            “No, thanks, I can manage.”

           

            Geun Young’s burden widened. She tried to contact Geun Suk, but no one’s answering.

            “Why don’t you answer your phone?” Geun Suk’s sister asked.

            “It’s only Geun Young and for sure, he will just jeer me” Geun Suk replied.

 

From this moment, Geun Young learned a lesson, that not all jewel last its shine.

           

            “Class, this is Moon Geun Young” said Ms. Park introducing the new grade 5 pupil.

            “I know her,” Woo Hyuk said in his mind moving his round eye while flipping his glasses. “She is the girl I had hit this morning. She’s the owner of the pendant.”

            “Geun Young, you may occupy the last sit at the back,” said Ms. Park..

            “Yes ma’Am.”

            “Hi!” Stella’s seatmate greeted her. “I’m Lee Hong Ki, welcome to the class.”

            “Thank you, I hope we can be friend” said Geun Young flashing a smile.  

           *

            “Bye Geun Young see you tomorrow,” Hong Ki bid his goodbye.

            “Bye!” said Geun Young. She can’t go home since she lost her precious pendant. She needs to find it first. She looked all around. Suddenly, two children came and saw her.

            “Look Geun Suk!” said Shin Min Ah pointing her finger to the girl not so far from them.   “If I’m not mistaken, she’s the new student, am I right?

            “Yes, her name is Moon Geun Young.”  Jang Geun Suk answered. “C’mon, let’s go near her.”

            They both asked her.

            “Geun Young, what are you looking?” asked Geun Suk.

            “I’m looking for my pendant” Geun Young replied. “It’s a gift from my grand mother.”

            “Don’t worry, we’ll help you” said Geun Suk.

            “But Geun Suk, we need to go home” complained Min Ah, buy Geun Suk ignored her.

            “Let’s go find your pendant” said Geun Suk,

            “No need to help me” said Geun Young but Geun Suk insisted.

            “It’s okay. By the way I’m Jang geun suk and she’s Shin Min Ah” he said pointing Min Ah.

            “Thanks in advance, Geun Suk, Min Ah.”

            Geun Suk flashed a smile then they began searching, but can’t find anything.

            “I guess I’ll lose it forever” said Geun Young worriedly.

            “Don’t say that or else you’re giving up?” asked Geun Suk.

            “No way!” Geun Young insisted. “I won’t give up, just like my idol Syuyu-san. He suffered so much.  He is an underdog and yet always smiling and staying strong. Syuyu-san is the person I dreamt to be me!’

            “Do you mean you also like Syuyu-san?” asked Geun Suk surprisingly.

            “What a co incident!” said Min Ah. “We also love it!”

            That’s how they discovered that all of them idolized same character. Syuyu-san is a popular Japanese anime.

            Geun Young decided to postpone her search. Together with Min Ah and Geun Suk, they went in the bookstore. They saw Lee Hong Ki.

            “Hong Ki!” called Geun Young.She saw her buying Syuyu-san Manga. “You’re also a Syuyu-san fan?” she asked.

            ”Yes I do” replied Hong Ki. “I love this so much!”

            “Wow, I, Min ah and Geun Suk admire it too!”

            “I’m a true blood Syuyu-san fanatic. Actually I have loads of collections” said Hong Ki.

            “Me too!” said Geun Suk. “I have collections of Syuyu-san staffs.”

            “Really, how many?” asked Hong Ki with the tone of challenging.

            “So many, you can’t count!”

            Hong Ki and Geun Suk began their argument about Syuyu-san mechinndise while Min Ah and Geun Young had fun watching them.

            On their way home, they met Choi Woo Hyuk.

            “Who is he?” asked Geun Young.

            “He’s our class president, Choi Woo Hyuk” said Geun Suk.

            “He’s our 2nd honor, next to Hong ki” Min Ah whispered.

            Woo Hyuk blocked their way.

            “What do you want?” asked Geun Suk.

            “I want to return this” said Woo Hyuk showing a pendant.

            “My pendant!” cried Geun Young taking the necklace.

            “You dropped it this morning” said Woo Hyuk.

            “This is my favorite pendant, Domo Woo Hyuk!” said GEun Young. Domo is shortened for Thank You.

            “You’re Welcome” replied Woo Hyuk.

            Geun Suk was surprised “You understand? Are you Japanese or a Syuyu-san fan?”

            “I’m sure your not a Japanese-you’re a Syuyu-san fan, aren’t you?” asked Min Ah

            “How nice! Most of us love Syuy-san. Why don’t we establish a fan club?” Hong Ki suggested.

            “That’s a great idea!’ agreed Geun Young.

            Min ah and Geun Suk also agreed.

            “Don’t include me!” Woo Hyuk disagreed. He went away.

            “Kill Joy!” said Geun Suk.

            “We can still pursue the club even without him!” said Min ah.

            *

            “What is this?” asked Ms Park in the middle of the class. “Hong Ki, you don’t have permission to build this club. Syuyu-san is just a cartoon charcter”

            “But---“ Hong Ki didn’t know what to say.

            “Ms Park!” called Woo Hyuk standing up.

            “Yes Woo Hyuk, Do you have something to say”

            “Yes, about Syuyu-san” Woo Hyuk started. “You’re wrong for saying mocking Syuyu-san, actually is a great literature.”

Woo Hyuk describe his favorite anime. Syuyu-san is about a young boy named Syuyu who is studying in a wizard school. It is hard for him to learn magic. He always commits mistakes, but he manages to make others happy. He wears smiles and do his best just to prove how great he was.

            Ms. Park told they can establish the club but outside the campus.

            “I’m so happy!” said Geun Young “Now, we’ve decided you will be our club president, Woo Hyuk.”

            “What”” Woo Hyuk exclaimed.

 

 

 The mission of this club is to enrich the lives of students by developing into the Japanese culture through watching Anime and attending Japanese Conventions.