Counting Heartbeats

electric blue; their tales
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Counting Heartbeats

 

 

Boom!

It is as if, his heart and mind explode into bits, as the booming sounds resonance to his ears, from the back at his mind. They are trying to revive her pulse back. They attempt to bring her back alive. Luhan prays to God, to everything he believes in, to save the one person he cherishes the most across the universe.

Her body jolts as the electricity pulls her back alive. The doctors try and try, wanting to keep her alive. For a certain reason. Because she deserves to. Cold sweats of perspiration rain down to their face, but they dare not to give up the hope that Luhan lent to them, on the very first time he spoke the word.

It is every doctor's commitment to try their best, to save every patient's life. But she is different. Im Yoona possess the essence of optimism, and it glimmers day by day, ever since she stayed in the hospital ward.

Her wish to live is unbending, and all of them in the emergency room knows, that she fights for her life. They, and mostly him, can't lose her now. Not ever. Her life is in the hands of white coated doctors who have a certain fondness for her, and the thoight urge them more to keep trying.

As one of them turns to the machine, her pulse is seen to make an improvement, escalating bit by bit, but it is not enough for her to live in freedom, and walk amongst the gloomy and dark hallways that mark the history of each person who passed away at this very place.

Yoona doesn't want that. She wants to live in bliss, where she wishes to live in a countryside, watching her kids and grandchildren grow up in healtiness and happiness. They wish to grant their wish. But at this rate, she lives with no soul within. She lives for the machine that controls her, that forces her to stay somehow.

"Sehun, how about her condition?!" He poses a question to him worriedly, whilst entering the cold-aired room.

"Luhan, her condition has been normalized. But unfortunately, she has to live with strings of machines being attached to her body. Unless you want t-"

"No, that wouldn't happen! I can't let her go..."

"The options are all up to you, ge. If I were to be placed to be in your position, it would be difficult. Please think clearly, and be wise. Think about her, think about how it feels to be in her place"

Luhan contemplates with himself about his friend's advice, that is Yoona's private doctor, that he assigned to be Yoona's doctor. He takes a glance at her off-coloured face, and black shadowy hair.

It is too painful to let her go, it can't be. So once more, Luhan prays to God, as he seeks the answer to his dilemma, like what he did all these years when he had no one to turn to.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter