Chapter 4

The Cat That Brought Us Together. Re-up.

Donghae unlocked his door and pushed it open. He was about to step inside when he is stopped dead in his tracks.

His house was destroyed.

It looked as if the place had been ransacked. His lounge cushions had been torn to pieces and his curtains were shredded. The vase of flowers on that was on the table had been knocked over, petals were strewn around the room and there was water on the floor. Fluff and stuffing covered the carpet and books had been tipped off of shelves in the kitchen.

Donghae rushed forward in to the mess to take a closer look. Only burglars would do this right? He had to make sure nothing had been stolen and then possibly call the police.

Suddenly his foot connected with something that sent him sprawling to the ground. That something then hissed and ran out from under the rug, and behind the TV cabinet.

“Of course” Donghae exclaimed, “Patches!”  

It was only then that Donghae noticed the claw marks in the table leg and the suspicious stain by the window.

“!” He cursed.

I left Patches inside unattended this morning in my rush to get to the shoot!

“!” Donghae swore again.

He wasn’t usually the type to swear, but he was particularly stressed today.

Before, when he came home, Donghae was just tired and upset. Now, he was angry. Really angry.

In just one day Patches had not only destroyed his house, but put his career at risk too. It was a stupid idea to get a cat.

Donghae stormed over to the TV cabinet and wrenched the kitten out from its hiding place. He then picked up the travel box from his bed and shoved the little cat inside, fastening the door as quickly as possible.

“Do you know what I’m going to do with you my dear Patches?” He spat at the now cowering kitten.

“I’m taking you back to where you came from where you can wait for some other unsuspecting er to take you home so you can destroy their lives instead of mine!”  

And then with keys in hand he stomped out the door.

 ___

By the time he arrived at the pet store he had calmed down a bit. But only so much so that he no longer wanted to kill anyone. But he was still really annoyed.

He strode into the shop like a man on a mission, cat box swinging by his side.

When he approached the counter, he put the box down with maybe a bit more force than was necessary, as he heard Patches fall over inside. Feeling only a little bit guilty he rang the bell on the counter for service.

After a moment, Hyukjae, the man from the other day, appeared behind the bench.

Donghae watched as Hyukjae’s eyes swept down his body, then back up to meet his own eyes. The man then swallowed subtly, then averted his gaze.

Donghae realised that he probably looked quite dishevelled. He had very little sleep and then had a terrible day in which he went on a rollercoaster ride of emotions, so he assumed he looked quite bad.

After a moment Hyukjae finally asked “Can I help you?”

“Yes.” Donghae replied curtly and without any uncertainty he continued.

“I want to return this cat. It’s faulty.”

Hyukjae just blinked at him for a moment before bursting out in to a fit of laughter.

“What?” Donghae demanded. He didn’t believe he had made a joke. “I’m serious.”

“Your cat is faulty?” Hyukjae giggled.

“Well it’s certainly not behaving like it’s supposed to, so what else would it be?”

"Sir," the man said, now more composed. "What is your name?"

"Donghae" Donghae replied, slightly confused.

"Ok Donghae, let me tell you a little something about animals that you apparently do not know." Hyukjae said, trying to maintain composure.

"Animals, like humans, need a number of things to survive. Firstly, is food and shelter, second is love and affection." He said, marking them off on his fingers as he went.

"And lastly, animals need direction. And boundaries. You can't just expect them to know what it is you want them to do, or not do."

"What are you getting at?" Donghae asked.

"What i am saying Donghae, is that you need to train your cat. Then it will no longer be faulty." He said, giggling at the end.

"But i don't have time to train my cat." Donghae replied. "I have a busy work schedule, I hardly spend any time at home." now looking into the cage at the little cat, with just a bit of sadness in his eyes.

"Donghae?" Hyukjae asked "Do you want to keep your cat?"

"Well i don't want to be alone anymore." Looking back at the man behind the counter.

"Well then, I have a proposition for you." A twinkle in the man's eye.

"Oh?"

"I'll train your cat for you through the day while you're at work." He said. "Essentially, i'll be your cat-sitter." Hyukjae ended with a grin.

____

 

Tadah~!

New account! And new update!!!

 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

I'll be updating all my profile information soon.

But unfortuately i logged out of the other account before i deleted it. Sooo. i can't deactivate it from here. So it'll stay active until such times as i remember my password. But NO UPDATES WILL BE POSTED THERE.

I'M SORRY TO ALL MY OTHER SUBSCRIBERS THAT HAD SUBSCRIBED TO THAT ACCOUNT. TAT

But if you just keep checking this page instead, all the updates will be here.

Well thats all for now. I hope you aren't too confused.