Be with a guy who reads fan-fictions - Yongguk

Be with a guy who...(new scenarios ft. BTS)

 

Like a fanfiction plot, life and love will test you both with some surprising things to see how you will react. An unfortunate beginning doesn’t always guarantee the same ending.

 

“She’s still not picking up my calls nor replying to my messages.” Yongguk sighed, resting his head against the table while staring at his phone.

“I don’t blame her. You really hurt her.” Himchan voiced out his opinion.

“How was I supposed to know?? She never told me anything.” Yongguk tried to defend himself but knew deep inside that it was useless.

“Look back, did she really not give you a hint on anything about her feelings?” Himchan answered back before leaving the troubled guy to think.

 

Yongguk found himself buried under a whole lot of trouble and it’s all his fault.

 

It all started when Yongguk stumbled upon a fanfic that was tweeted to him by his fans. Curious, he decided to check it out and was surprised at how fans perceived him.

 

“Yongguk!” He muttered a curse under his breath when his best friend suddenly appeared, catching him off guard. He quickly put his phone against his chest and locked it so that the screen turned black.

“What are you hiding? Are you watching ?” She as she tried to take a peek.

“I’m not!” He denied her accusation right away.

“I always catch you doing something with your phone and every time I call you out you look slightly guilty, panicky and hide whatever it is. Tell me, how can that not be ? I don’t see why you keep it as a secret when the guys rat you on it.”

“Aish. It’s really not!” Yongguk replied sounding annoyed, he gets teased about it when it really is not the case at all…at least not those times that she mentioned.

“Fine. I’ll show you.” He knew that was his only way out. He then confessed to her what he has been reading online, letting her know his new found hobby.

“Bang Yongguk, are you turning soft on me?” She asked him as she realized that the stories involved more romance and drama than angst and comedy.

“I’m remembering the ideas for special events and taking notes on how to read a woman so I can treat my future girlfriend great.” Yongguk stated, looking all proud and wise.

She faked a laugh and rolled her eyes at him. ‘If you’re taking notes then why can’t you read me?’ She thought as she looked away from her best friend.

 

By reading these kinds of stories, he gets an idea on how his fans see him on and who their ideal man is.

 

Yongguk sighed after finally finishing the latest fanfic that got him hooked. “When will I find a girl that I can do all of these for?” He asked to no one in particular. All the special surprise events written in the story got him hyped up and excited to present it to his future girlfriend.

The guys from B.A.P, who knew his hobby as they read at times too, heard their leader whine making them look at each other.

Himchan, who was sitting next to Yongguk hit him on the arm making him wince. He got irritating ‘I’m-judging-you’ looks from his friends who already knows who is waiting for him to notice her.

“Hyung, if you only take a good look around you, then you wouldn’t have to complain about waiting and looking for someone for too long.” Daehyun voiced out what everyone was thinking.

“He's completely oblivious, isn't he?” Zelo asked to Jongup in which he replied with a nod.

“What are you guys talking about?!” Yongguk asked, obviously clueless to what or rather who the guys are referring too.

 

Compared to reading magazine or different websites, he learns what women like from their men based from the stories he has read since those are written from a woman’s point of view. He’d like to believe that he understands more now on what a woman’s wants and needs.

 

 

“_________, I need your help.” Yongguk went straight to the point right after his best friend answered the call.

“What is it?”

“I’m setting up a special event for a special lady and I need your opinion.”

“Really now? I thought you already had everything you need from reading all those stories?” She questioned him with an amused tone of voice.

“Well…it’s still different to have your say in it. I think knowing what you like will make a difference since you have similarities with her. Don’t make me beg…please?”

“Okay, what do you want from me?” She answered back after laughing. She didn’t know who was being tormented with his poor attempt of aeygo, him or her.

“Well for now, I need your answers first so I can get the right stuff. What flowers should I get? Roses?”

“Well that’s a classic…but it’s also effortless and cliché. What kind of girl is she?”

“You have similar tastes so just tell me what type of flowers you would like?” Yongguk pressed, he wanted to just base it from her answers. After all, he knows that she has a good taste.

“I think a lot of women also like two-tone carnations. I personally prefer lilies and peonies, they’re my favorites although they are hard to find.”

“And where would you like to get confessed to?”

‘Is it possibly for me?’ She started to wonder but decided not to get her hopes up.

That survey lasted for a few minutes until Yongguk got enough information he needed.

After their conversation ___________ went to the room of Hyosung, her best friend who she conveniently lives with, and relayed to her what just happened.

“Oh my God I’m so excited for you!! He’s finally asking you out more than just a friend.” Hyosung squealed in joy.

“What? Where did you get that?” _________ asked as if her friend was speaking another language she could not possible decipher.

“Then why would your opinion matter so much? He wants it to be perfect for you!” She poked ________ on the side.

“You really think so?” A smile was playing on her lips. Her heart was beating faster now that the thought was getting to her. Now they were both starting to get excited.

 

He will try to recreate some of the romantic scenes he has read in the hopes of making his special one feel the same amount of happiness that the protagonist from the story felt. He wants their reality to be better and more memorable.

 

He was memorizing his mini-speech when _________ came to his side. She handed over the lilies that he asked her to look up for him since he found the other flowers she suggested hard to find.

She thought that maybe he made her get the flowers so she wouldn’t suspect anything.

“Look at our picture together, don’t you think it would be a great backdrop?” ________ didn’t immediately turn around to look at the photo before he said something again. “I hope Ji-eun would like everything.”

When he said ‘our’…he meant his photo with another girl.

Her heart dropped when she saw the photo of her best friend with another woman and when he finally confirmed the name of the one he likes. So it really was not for her.

“I have to go” She tried to say with a clear voice, holding back her tears.

“Aren’t you going to stay to support and watch?” Yongguk asked surprised with her sudden want to leave.

“I think I’ve seen enough…too much actually.” She storms off and pulled herself together as best as she could until in the comfort of her own place.

 

__________ rushed back to her apartment and cried out to her best friend. Coincidentally some of Yongguk’s groupmates, which are their common friends, were also in their pad.

“That was my perfect scenario and he took it. That was supposed to be my moment.” She sobbed, her heart obviously broken for everyone to see.

They all tried to comfort her but their words could only do so much, they could feel her pain. Once she has calmed down a bit, _________ asked for them to swear not to tell Yongguk about anything that just happened. Although the men present were hesitant to do so, as they really wanted Yongguk to know what he did wrong to knock sense into him, they had to agree with her request to ease her pain.

 

After that incident, ________ made tons of excuses whenever Yongguk called or messaged her to hang out. She didn’t want to see nor hear from him so she gave reasons from being busy to being sick to eventually just avoiding him.

Yongguk found this suspicious so he made an unannounced visit to her apartment.

_________ didn’t bother to check the peephole when the doorbell rang because she was expecting it to be the delivery guy.

“Why are you avoiding me?” _________ froze when she saw Yongguk in front of her. Clearly he didn’t want to waste any time and questioned her right away.

“I wasn’t.” She lied as she looked somewhere else. Her moment of distraction gave the opportunity for Yongguk to enter.

“What is wrong with you? Is this one of those PMS-moments or –” Typical for guys to assume that is the main reason for women’s ‘unpredictable’ moody behaviors.

_________ exasperatedly cut him off. “Oh My God! Sorry if I’ve just had enough with your rants and your daydreaming scenarios. Did you just come here to flaunt about your love life? How your perfect proposal –”

“She never came!” This time it was Yongguk’s turn to interrupt her. “If you only answered my messages and calls then you would have known what I’m going through. Look, I don’t know what’s gotten into you but this side of you is getting on my nerves. You have got to stop with all this childish .” He snapped unexpectedly, shocking _________ with his voice.

“Wow, thanks for putting the blame all on me. I’m so sorry if I’ve been insensitive to your feelings as if I don’t have any issues of my own.” She sarcastically answered back before letting out a tired sigh. “Just please leave Yongguk. I don’t want nor have the energy to deal with you right now.”

“No.” He firmly replied.

“No?!”

He shook his head and occupied her couch, determined not to leave until they settle things.

“Fine then, I’ll leave.” ________ stated and with only her phone in hand, she made her way towards the door. Yongguk immediately approached her and stopped her by pulling her wrist back.

“What else do you want from me?!” __________ let out a frustrated cry before running to her room and locked it even before he could attempt to twist the knob.

Yongguk tried his damndest to enter the room, the strength of his knocks and the way he jiggled the knob sounded like he would be able to break her door down but it wasn’t enough. If he did break it down then he would have witnessed another one of her breakdowns…and it’s all because of him.

“I don’t know why you’re having such a reaction and I wish you would just tell me. I’m going back to the dorm, call me when you’re ready to talk.” Yongguk made sure that she heard him before finally leaving.

 

Yongguk was worried why ________ was acting like that so he asked for the opinions of his groupmates, and whether they knew what the true cause of her change.

“I seriously can’t stand this anymore.” Daehyun muttered. “How stupid can you get?”

“What did I do?!” Yongguk slightly raised his voice when he saw how the younger ones were looking at him.

“Do we really have to spell it out for you?! _________ has been in love with you for the past, oh I don’t know, a year or so.” Zelo didn’t even bother speaking with formalities. He felt Yongguk didn’t deserve to be respected at the moment.

“Yah! That was not your secret to tell!” Jongup hit the maknae for his outburst.

“I don’t care. It’s about time that he found out. He’s already hurt her too much.” He answered back before retreating to his room.

“The last straw was when you asked for the details of her perfect romantic proposal scene. You led her on and basically took everything from her and presented it to another girl.” Youngae voiced out the truth.

Yongguk gaped and couldn’t face the guys in the eyes. He stared down on the ground as he tried to process their words.

“So now that you do know, what are you going to do?” Himchan, the only one who stayed in the room, kept his friend company, wanting to help decipher his thoughts.

“I…” Yongguk found himself speechless. He needed time alone to think.

 

 

Even though he’ll copy stuff from what he read, he’ll mean every word he’ll ever use. He’ll choose words that let you understand just how much you mean to him.

 

Yongguk took his time to contemplate long and hard about his feelings about the situation he’s in.

His best friend is in love with him, why hasn’t he seen the signs based from their time together? How could he have been so clueless even after the countless of fan-fiction stories he has read? Why did he overlook her? He’s been looking for that special woman in the wrong places when she has been beside him all along.

He spent sleepless nights, feeling a mixture of guilt, frustration, annoyance, sadness, before finally finding some piece of solace. He tried hard not to base his emotions on what he discovered, he didn’t want her to think that it was just out of pity and regret, she deserved much better than that.

Yongguk looked up at one of the stories he saved on his phone, reading the particular chapter stood out to him in the past.

 

‘Falling in love with your close friend is a magical moment in life. It is very rare that this happens, contrary to the romantic comedy movies that make you want to believe, but if it does happen to you, don’t be an idiot. See your best friend turn into your better half, the one who brings out the best in you and makes you smile. These make one of the best relationships because you already know each other well, you’ve witnessed one another’s ups and downs.’

 

 

He will speak on how he feels as if he is the one inside a story.

He will turn fictions to facts.

 

Yongguk made another surprise visit to their apartment. At first, Hyosung did not let him in, she vocalized how she disliked his presence and gave him an earful of profanities. He’s guilty, he deserved every bit of her lecture. After she was through, Yongguk begged that his side be heard, that his feelings be known to the girl who is hurting the most.

“I need to make things right. I want her to know what I feel, how I care for her more than what she thinks.” After much consideration, the roommate finally stepped aside.

 

__________ certainly did not expect Yongguk to show up in her room, not after they ended their last conversation.

“Why are you here?” She asked as she tried to keep her face expressionless.

Yongguk slowly walked closer to her before he got his hand out from behind and presented to her the bouquet of peonies and two-tone carnations. He looked all over town, called various flower shops just to find those.

“What’s this?” She asked with one of her eyebrows raised at him.

“Your favorite flowers from the person hoping to be your favorite guy again?” Yongguk sounded like a young boy guilty. He showed a soft smile, hoping she will return the same expression.

_________ resisted to smell the flowers and instead just put them over her bed. “What are you doing here Yongguk?”

“I’m here to…to confess” Confession is just one word but why does it takes so much time to utter those feelings behind the words? “I’ve been stupid. I should have known that we were meant to be more than just friends a long time ago.”

“So one of the guys told you huh.” Instead of feeling flattered of his words, she felt like she was being mocked.

“It’s not that. I –” Yongguk tried to defend himself but she didn’t allow him to.

“I’m finding it hard to believe that you say that you have ‘feelings for me’ out of the blue after not noticing how I felt for what? Almost two years? That sounds pretty long, pathetic right?”

“It’s not ________. I don’t even know what you saw in me or how you tolerated me after all these years and maybe that’s why I was in denial. All those times you showed love I mistook it for something else and I’m sorry. I bet that you never knew that I once felt infatuated with you.”

“Don’t lie Yongguk.”

“It’s true. With the way you looked out for me, it was hard not to fall for you. I remember that time we were at the coffee shop near TS Building. We were waiting for our call time when you fell asleep, your head rested against my chest and it was one of the moments that I felt my heart beat fast, I felt like I got the best view of you and I just wanted to lean close and kiss you but I was scared what your reaction would be. I know we have chemistry, I just didn’t pursue any romantic feelings because I didn’t want to ruin what we had.” Yongguk admitted the feelings he once mistakenly buried.

“I don’t think it matters now. I think my heart already turned into steel.” _________ still continued with her act of treating him coldly, pretending that she wasn’t affected by his sweet talk and actions.

“Well my heart is like a magnet. I’m going to stick to you and our chemistry will just explode.” He made an expression that made her want to smack him and kiss him at the same time.

“What do you know?” _________ said after scoffing.

“I know that you love me more than a friend should.” And with that statement she couldn’t rebut anything. She didn’t know if he said that as a positive or negative thing. Yongguk cradled her face, making her look him straight in the eye. “And I love you the same. So I hope you accept me and realize that I’m being genuine.” Yongguk finally closed the gap between them as he kissed her gently, finally letting their hearts get what they’ve always yearned for.

 

The two haven’t reached their ‘happy ending’ yet because honestly ‘to be continued’ is way better. Their relationship continues to grow as their love continues to bloom.

Perhaps their own love story will inspire others not to settle for anything less than magical either. 

 

 


 

 

Not that happy with how this one-shot turned out :| I plan to redeem myself soon with another, hopefully better one-shot. 

I keep saying this but sorry for the long wait…again. Thanks to everyone who commented and suggested!

Chose Yongguk based on the votes I got (more people PM-ed me too).  He suits the concept because he has stumbled upon fanfics before and honestly I’ve started to become more interested in BAP. I think I’m slowly being drawn to BAP, definitely loving their latest single. Can’t tell most of them apart though, haha only know Zelo & Yongguk’s faces for now.