Be with a guy who is your opposite - Yonghwa

Be with a guy who...(new scenarios ft. BTS)

 

Being with a perfect match may be fun and simple but there are those who also believe that a great relationship may be made with your opposite in mind.

 

“Are you okay?” Jonghyun asked his friend and group-mate, Yonghwa, who was looking down while they waited to board the plane.

“I’ll try to be once we reach Japan. Hopefully the new place will give me a new perspective.” Yonghwa hoped he can focus on his work and try to put the break-up at the back of his mind first.

‘At least we won’t have to suffer a long-distance relationship. At least I’m free.’ Yonghwa tried to convince himself that the recent break-up will do him good…but in reality he knew he’d be more miserable without her.

 

Yonghwa and __________ met for the first time on the set of the Running Man as the two went on the show as guests.

Yonghwa has been on the show numerous times and always performed well, on the other hand, it is _________’s first time on the show and she’s also not used to variety shows yet since she’s still a rookie artist. __________ tried her best not to show her introverted side and fortunately everyone on the show made her feel comfortable.

Yonghwa and __________ weren’t able to interact that much since they were on different teams and were busy with different tasks at different places with their teammates.

For the last mission though, some members got switched and _________ was put in the same team as Yonghwa, the objective for their final game was simple to survive as long as you can while eliminating members from the other team.

In the midst of running down the stairs from the aggressive team of Kim Jongkook, _________ missed a step and tripped on the last two steps of the stairs. Yonghwa, who was hiding nearby, didn’t think twice and ran towards ________ to check on her.

“Are you okay?” He asked obviously concerned.

Luckily it wasn’t that bad of a fall and she didn’t sprain or break any part of her body.

The crew decided to give everyone a break to make sure _________ was still fine in taking part of the game.

She laughed it off and showed determination and professionalism as she said that she would finish filming normally.

Yonghwa decided to take responsibility for her as well by being with her at all times to guide and protect her.

_________ squealed when Kim JongKook and Gary showed up out of nowhere and cornered her and Yonghwa.

Yonghwa quickly went in front of ________ and went on a defensive stance to protect her, he looked like her knight.

“Stay still. I’ll lead.” Yonghwa definitely showed great skills and wowed everyone with his strength and charisma.

“Hyung, let’s do this one on one.” Yonghwa suggested in which JongKook easily agreed to.

Despite not having as much muscles or strength as the older guy, Yonghwa was able to swiftly move his arms around his hyung’s back and got his nametag off.

Gary ran to hide as soon as the ‘Sparta Kook’ got eliminated. Now it was up to this ‘couple’ to take their last enemy off the game so their team can finally claim victory.

While looking around, _________ sneaked up behind Yonghwa and attempted to remove his nametag in a joking manner. Yonghwa swiftly turned around and caught _________’s hand as soon as he heard and felt the velcro being removed on his back.

“I just wanted to try it out.” She said somewhat cutely, she with her playfulness that gave him a shocked expression yet made him fond of her.

Even though they’ve only been spending a short time together, __________ felt comfortable with Yonghwa, his caring and charming ways played a huge role in making her feel at ease. It was actually thrilling.

Unfortunately Gary out-smarted the two as he rounded the corner silently and was able to eliminate ________ from the game.

Yonghwa took revenge for her and in the end took Gary’s tag off and won the game for their team.

 

 

By the end of filming, everyone started bidding goodbye to each other. As a token of her appreciation, _________ gave some fruits and pastries to the cast and crew who took care of her.

When it came to Yonghwa, he gladly accepted her simple gift and surprised her with his next reaction.

“Can we exchange numbers?” Yonghwa asked with a hopeful smile. _________ was actually stunned that he showed interest in her, she thought that maybe he was just looking after her earlier because they were in front of the cameras.

 

After that day, Yonghwa didn’t waste time in getting to know more about __________. He’d text her during his breaks or before and after his schedules. He also observed her behavior towards him and was happy that she responded well to his messages, it seemed like she was also showing interest towards him since she’d answer his calls even if it’s at dawn.

Yonghwa even used the excuse to give her his group’s latest album to see her again. It was also that day that Yonghwa decided to finally ask _________ out.

“Would you date me?” He wanted his intentions of being more than just a friend to her out in the open so that she wouldn’t get confused with any mixed signals and so that he’s efforts will pay off.

_________ couldn’t find a reason why she should say no (besides his fangirls of course) since she too felt a connection with him.

 

 

Dating an opposite can possibly open your life to more adventures, thus  leads to new experiences and helps you step out of your comfort zone.

It gives you a sense of uniqueness as an individual and as a couple it strengthens your connection.

 

 

During their dates they’ve learned their differences, they were opposite in a lot of ways but they complimented each other, they realized that they can learn a lot of things from each other. Well they do say that opposites attract, right? The important thing is that even though they were diverse they do share the same values, morals and ethics.

Like a true gentleman, Yonghwa took her home every after date night.

It didn’t take long for her to fall hard for him, especially after that one time wherein Yonghwa truly showed how he seriously looked after her…Yonghwa was driving them back to her place when the car in front of them suddenly stopped causing Yonghwa to suddenly press on the breaks, he quickly extended his arm and placed it over ________’s body in an attempt to protect her from any danger even though she was already wearing seatbelts, that act made her extremely fall for him. She felt that he really is a genuinely chivalrous and dependable man.

“I’ve liked you from the moment I met you, I’ve fallen for you harder these past few months. Would you allow me to be your boyfriend?” After dating for almost six months, Yonghwa finally confessed how his feelings progressed and the same goes for _________, she’s developed and become attached to him.

 

 

Communication plays a big key in any relationship. Both halves should be open to each other’s interests, not just willing to talk about it, but willing to try. You have to compromise, but you also have to be comfortable...to meet each other halfway.

 

 

Yonghwa was more outgoing while she was a bit reserved, his bright personality has helped her bring her out of her shell more but that doesn’t mean that she’s changed a whole lot for him. While Yonghwa enjoys going out and catching up with his friends or family every time he has the chance to do so, _________ likes to have a balanced ratio of going out at time and having her alone time as well.

This is just one of those times that their personalities clash.

 

“I don’t understand why you don’t want to go out tonight. Do you not like my friends?” Yonghwa was starting to lose his cool. He’s been trying to persuade his girlfriend to go out with him but she was really set on just staying in.

“It’s not that, you know I think they’re all nice. It’s just that we have been going out a lot recently and I feel like lounging in once in a while. I don’t want to dress up and socialize for now. You know how I am.” _________ explained her side calmly.

“Yeah and you know how busy my schedule gets too. I’ve rested earlier and now I want to go out to chill. I just don’t want to stay in and waste time while I can go out and see people I don’t see often, I’m lucky these people come all the way from Busan just so we can have a get together party again here in Seoul.”

“And no one’s stopping you so I don’t see what the big deal is?” _________ was starting to get annoyed.

“But you don’t want to go out.” He pointed out.

“And that doesn’t mean that I’m not allowing you to go out. I like to relax, to be alone, to stay inside my place from time to time. I’m not a social butterfly like you. I enjoy some quiet time.” _________ reminded Yonghwa of how she chooses to unwind.

“Yeah and then when I get back here you treat me like I’ve chosen my friends over you.” Yonghwa ran his hand through his hair as he paced back and forth.

“I haven’t gotten mad you about that but can you blame me sometimes for just wanting to also be alone with you at the comfort of our own places as well? I just want to stay home instead of drinking in a place with loud music and noisy people. I just always can’t be in that scene with big crowds.”

“You know what? I thought you’d understand me. You’re my girlfriend, I want you to be there with my friends. What would they say if they notice that you don’t like to go out when I’m with them? It’s honestly frustrating sometimes that I have to beg you to go out with me. I just want to bond with you and my friends outside, is that so hard to ask?” Yonghwa let out his discontentment during those times.

“As if I’m the center of attention. You focus more on your friends than on me when we’re out.”  She muttered as she rolled her eyes.

“I have to disagree on that. I clearly make it a point to show you off because I’m proud to have you but don’t you also think I deserve to be just myself with my friends once in a while? Is it so wrong of me to get lost in our conversations?”

“Oh believe me I do get that, you see them less than me, you have a lot to catch up on. But after all this time I thought you’d understand me as well, you knew well from the beginning that my personality’s like this. I’m not the type who wants to be out and about all the time.” _________ replied, starting to feel tired and upset with their big fight.

“Well I thought you’d change that a bit for me. Don’t make me feel guilty about being myself.”

“Haven’t I compromised with you? If you feel like I haven’t then just go and find someone who’d want to always be out with you.” She was becoming teary-eyed from all the emotion she’s feeling.

“Forget it. I should be relaxing but all I’ve been getting here is stress.” Yonghwa shook his head and picked his jacket up from the couch. He never liked fighting with _________ but sometimes it is really inevitable.

“Wow. Fine then, let’s stop all the hassle and just live our lives on our own!” She slightly raised her voice as tears escaped from her eyes. Her friends told her this would happen…that their differences would pull them apart.

Yonghwa looked at _________ with an unbelievable expression before saying “This is becoming impossible to fix, especially when you’re irrational to talk to right now. I’m going.” And with that Yonghwa stormed out of her apartment.

 

Yonghwa tried to forget about his fight with his girlfriend, he tried his best to unwind with his friends but even if he laughed and smiled with them his mind was still on his girlfriend.

 

 

The next day, Yonghwa was informed of the sudden change of their schedule. He knew he had to talk to __________ and sort things out because he will be out of the country soon and he didn’t want to leave things just like that.

Yonghwa messaged her asking to meet-up and since she had some things to do at her agency, the two just met at the cafe in the building where her company was located.

“I’m leaving for our world tour.” Yonghwa started with the big news, it’s better to say it now than later.

“When?” _________ asked, she was surprised on the inside but she still showed a calm, cold exterior.

“Later this week. We’ll be travelling for almost a year.”

“Oh…” She looked down and thought deeply about their situation.

They both kept silent until Yonghwa spoke up again.

“I’m leaving for a year _________, do you still think it’s the best time for us to fight?”

“Maybe…maybe we should take that year to think about our relationship…if it’s really working out or not between us.” _________ suggested despite feeling unsure about her own proposal.

“What do you mean?” He asked nervously.

“I think it’s best that we take a break from each other first.”

“Are you serious _________?! Is this an April fools’ joke?” Yonghwa asked, finding hard to believe what she’s saying.

“It’s been hard, we keep on clashing. Let’s not rush to fix things just to have the same issues repeat themselves. Let’s use the time apart to think and grow, let’s focus on our craft and then let’s see if we’re really meant to be in the end.”

Yonghwa released a sigh and couldn’t respond back. He didn’t know what to say since he didn’t agree with her reasoning yet a part of him know she’s probably right.

Just when __________ turned her back on him, Yonghwa pulled her by the hand and hugged her.

He found it hard to let go.

 

 

Remember, it is perfectly okay when your interests, passions and personalities are different BUT your core values should be the same, if not similar…it’s about the essence of a person inside that matters.

 

Yonghwa didn’t last long without contacting _________. He gave in on the second month and messaged her privately on one of their social networking sites.

 

‘I’m sorry.

I miss you.

I miss us.

I miss how different we can be at times yet we fit perfectly. We don’t have identical traits but we do complement each other…we have, or well had that strong connection, don’t you think?

I miss the times we share stuff, from random to serious info, I learn and discover so many things from you _________. I’ve discovered the joys of love as well as the painful feelings of heartbreak with you.

We may be different but I think we both want the same future, the same aspirations, and I want to go through life with you.

I hope it’s not too late or too early in your count…I just wanted to tell you that I’m still in love you.’

 

A few hours later _________ sent a simple reply.

 

‘I’ll be going to Tokyo soon for a fan meeting. Let’s talk then.’ She simply wrote without any indication or hint whether he should feel nervous or excited about their reunion.

 

Both parties need to be willing to compromise, to be understanding and willing to accept their differences. The couple should learn how to agree to disagree when needed and see that a bigger part of their love and similarities overcome their differences.

 

Yonghwa went to the hotel where _________ was staying at. His heart raced fast and his palms were a bit sweaty, all because of anxiety. He didn’t know what to expect from her.

Yonghwa let out a small smile and greeted _________ with “Hi” using a soft tone of voice as soon as she opened the door for him. Seeing her now really made him realize how much he missed her.

_________ returned his actions and let him in her room.

“Do you want anything to drink? Have you eaten already? I know you tend to forget about eating well when you’re busy.” _________ started to ramble out of awkwardness.

“The members have been taking care of me despite my tantrums and mood swings.” Yonghwa admitted to not being the most pleasant person to be with recently.

“How are you?” They both asked at the same time, the coincidence made them laugh a little. They knew that the small talk they were doing was just something to help them prepare for their big serious talk.

“I spoke to my parents a few weeks ago about our situation and they told me it would be my loss if I didn’t get you back and I agree with them _________. I meant every word in my message.” Yonghwa looked at _________ in the eye and hoped she could see his sincerity.

“I want to go the distance for you but you have to meet me halfway. Don’t force me to change because I don’t expect that from you and I honestly don’t think I try to change you too. Can you honestly see me in your life? Can you see us being together in the future even though we both know that we are not the most compatible couple in the world?” _________ thought hard and long about this. She wants to stay together with him but she fears that it wouldn’t do them any good, although she is willing to take the risk again.

“I do. We may not be the same but we match _________. We complement each other. I don’t want you to change because I fell in love with who you were and not for who I think you’ll become. You are just right for me. I realized my mistakes, I’m sorry if I get carried away at times and try to ask much in pulling you into my world when you’re not comfortable with it. I promise that I will do much better this time. I just want you to be my side, even if that means that I have to change, I would, that’s how much you mean to me.” Yonghwa sounded as if he was pleading _________ to take him back, to give him another shot in proving himself to her.

“I don’t want you to. I also fell hard for you because you are you, and I love you for that. And let me tell you that you do not ask for much, I just request that you understand that I’m not the biggest fan of changes, sometimes I need to take baby steps.” __________ hoped he would understand her.

“I’ll hold on to your hand with each step.” And he did. He interlaced their hands together before using his other hand to gently cup her face. The two leaned in and kissed each other sweetly, an act that sealed their love once again.

Yonghwa and _________ gave their relationship another chance, another opportunity that they are determined not to waste. They promised themselves that they won’t have a story of ‘the one that got away’…they will have a love story that their children can look up to as  a great example.

 

We bring out the best qualities in ourselves when we accept the differences of others.

 

 


 

Please tell me I have readers that also are big Running Man fans?!?!

Haha I love that show and I seriously get a big crush on Yonghwa every time he is on it.