When You're Away

Kai and Lu draft : When You're Away

*

KTV SM ART Exhibition

*

Lu walked into an empty rest room, when he found Kai stood alone, listening to the music. Lu stood near him, asking him in playful tone, hey, what’s happen?

Kai stared at him flatly. Ask yourself.

Lu’s smile faltered. Please don't tell me you’re jealous again.

Why not?

It's just sehun.

Because it's sehun.

I don't get you. Lu sighed. We just play around, y’know.

Yeah you just happily play around with him. Happily crazy together. Crazy couple. Kai rest his hands across his chest, but when he took a gaze at Lu, his eyes widened as he saw Lu frowned.

Don't say that. Lu whispered. I know you’re jealous. I'm sorry for spoiling my brother too much.

Kai didn't answer. What is that, Hun not even Lu’s real sibling.

Getting no answer from Kai, Lu finally murmured, so, what do you want? Locking me up and not letting me have any friend?

This is nonsense. Kai grumbled. I'm sorry Lu I didn't mean this.

I know so please stop. It's hurting me, you know, because I don't know what kind of relationship i can make with other people without making you jealous.

I’m not jealous with everyone. Only with Sehun.

Seriously?! Lu stared at him in disbelief.

Yeah, because we're both in the same age and Sehun know you first.

Come on! Lu grabbed Kai arm, tried to convince him. You're my boyfriend, not him.

It didn't feel that way. Kai tucked his head down, as he finally took Lu hand and grabbed it into his chest. I don't know. I tried to hold myself but this jealousy can't stop. I'm sorry.

Seriously, I'm not happy with this. I hate you.

Please, don't. If you hate me then I'd rather die.

Then stop worrying and trust me!

For a moment, Kai can only freeze as he saw Lu’s face hardened.

Sorry… Kai touched Lu cheek and wiped the soon-to-be tears away.

Lu cupped Kai face. Listen. I’m happy with you like this, being protective and all, just don't hurt yourself. I love you and you love me, right?

Kai smiled a bit as he felt Lu’s warm hands surrounded him. Love and trust. He whispered.

Lu nodded. You remember what I said before. Can you trust me?

Kai leaned in and caught Lu’s pink lips. I love you and I trust you.

Good. Lu finally laughed shyly. Don’t kiss me, what if someone caught us here?

Kai keep kissing Lu. Let them enjoy the show. He ran his lips on Lu neck, it made Lu shuddered in bliss. God, really want you now…

Kai… Lu blushed, as Kai lifted him up, and stared at him intensely,

Kai smiled warmly at Lu, this beauty, he whispered in awe, can I just hope you’ll only be mine?

Lu touched Kai face and closed his eyes as he felt Kai lips all over his face. I’m yours… he can’t help but whimpered over the touch. I’m only yours…

* (mature content)

So this is how people did they made up . Lu giggled.

Do you like having with me? Kai asked.

Lu blushed. Why not?

No, I'm afraid if I'm enjoying this alone. I’m afraid of hurting you.

Hurt me? Lu smirked. Sticking your inside me maybe the most pleasant thing I’ve ever had.

Kai groaned and Luhan chuckled as they became alive once again.

Please, Kai kissed Lu passionately, stop talking dirty you're very good at it.

Then just me. Lu whispered huskily on Kai lips, and he smiled as Kai’s eyes just turned empty.

I said stop! Kai grabbed Lu’s hips and just slammed into him harshly.

Lu moaned.

It felt so good every time they made love he can only leaned to hug Kai, his eyes turned hazy as he murmured hoarsely, much to himself, I’ll do any… anything to make you happy… Tears just falling down his flustered cheeks, so please…

Love me…

Kai stopped moving.

He stared at Lu who silently sobbed. Hey, Lu? I’m sorry did I hurt you?

Lu can’t help but crying at such gentleness. Just a moment ago he was a beast, his eyes turned into nothing except a lusty gaze but now he was worrying about Lu.

Should we stop? Kai asked again.

No, please keep moving. Lu hugged Kai tightly, this warmness, this gentleness, let me have this for more. What you left inside me, what you gave me, I will never regret it.

Kai felt stung at the words. Just when he thought Lu will never love him in a deeper meaning, he just faced the reality that Lu was looking at him. Lu was in love with him.

He caressed Lu’s back slowly, as the happiness seeped into him.

I love you. Kai whispered those words on Lu lips. Let’s move together, and stop crying.

Lu shook his head, no, I won’t stop crying. I’ll cry until it ends.

Such a crybaby.

I don’t care. I love you, I’ll cry over you as many as I could.

* (mature content end)

They walked hand in hand on the road. Kai smiled at Lu who blushed under his disguise.

It needed different place and personality just to be together… Lu sighed.

That's the amazing thing about love. Kai said. Whether it's an easy task for normal people, it became such a hard challenge for us. That makes us fight to love.

This is exciting, Lu chuckled, only, why you're just wearing a cap?

Kai stared at his cute Lu under his oversized jumper and pink mask. He leaned down and kissed Lu’s mask.

What the?! Lu shocked at the sudden action.

Kai just laughed and grabbed Lu’s fingers even tighter.

Hey, answer me!

What should i say? Kai smiled coyly.

You’re risking us to get caught.

No one cares, i don't even see any single fancam here.

Don't get too cocky. If we get caught we're in trouble.

Relax. The worst thing happen to us, probably Kai kissed his girlfriend. Kai nudged Lu’s masked cheek gently. Lu, if I went down, i won't let you sink with me.

Why you said it as if i will blame all mistake to you? I'm not that low. If we sunk, we sunk together.

You'll not blame me, you'll blame yourself.

No i won't.

Yeah, yeah, Kai hugged Lu’s shoulder, now we only had a little time before we had to sneak back. Let's catch some food, Kay? I'll pay for you.

Really? Lu smiled widely, Then let's eat meat

Kai hugged him even tighter and took a peek under the mask mask.

I really want to see your smile. He murmured.

If we can sneak back without being caught I'll strip in front of you.

Kai raised his eyebrows. Only strip? No tease?

Lu blushed. He pinched kai abs, you ert how could I do that?!

Kai kissed the side of head of his lover, I'll tell you how.

No!

*

They snuck back into the SM building, and rest in an empty practice room. Apparently the other members still not heading back so they just alone this moment.

You owe me a strip dance. Kai smirked as they sat next to each other.

I hope someday your ert-ness can be cured, kai.

No, that will be the end of me.

They laughed, before their eyes met. Both of their smiles faltered as Kai caressed Lu flawless cheek.

Lu closed his eyes. I thought you want to kiss me.

I will, but it's too risky. In here, walls had eyes and ears.

Lu chuckled as he heard that. He leaned into Kai, until his head rest on his boyfriend lap, then I'll catch some sleep, before everyone come.

Kai brushed Lu’s hair, smiled as he saw his lover drifted into sleep.

*

Where are you?

Kai yawned, I'm in practice room. He said to Hun who called him.

Do you happen to see Luhan hyung and Lay hyung around?

I'm with Lu right now, Kai stared dazedly at the sleeping beauty. I don’t know about Lay.

I thought they went out together. Hey, dio asked if you have been eaten or not.

I have. I'll wait for you guys in here, kay?

Ok. Hey, can I talk to Lu?

No you can't. Kai murmured lowly.

Why?! Kai can hear Hun whined.

He's sleeping right now. Don’t want to wake him up.

Really? Then don’t disturb him too. He’s so precious to me.

Kai bit his lips as he heard that. Who want to disturb such an angel? He chuckled so the pain in his chest will fade away.

I'll go back in no time.

No worry Hun, just take your time in there. Wherever you are, Kai thought.

No. Hun’s voice became darker.  I don't trust you.

Kai closed his eyes, and took a deep breath to calm down his jealousy. Yeah, yeah. See you later.

See ya.

Kai turned off the phone and looked so surprise at Lu who stared back at him.

You're awake? Kai asked.

I'm sorry. Lu suddenly said.

For what?

For not realize your pain. For keep hanging out with sehun as i like. Lu sat up next to Kai. If I was you, I will feel the same jealousy, maybe even worse.

Yet, I blame it at you for not understand what I want.

Kai tapped Lu shoulder. Let's not talk about this anymore. He smiled, because he didn’t want to start another fight. Love and trust, right? You asked me to trust you, I'll trust you just like i love you.

Lu frowned. He wanted to apologize again when Kai messed with his hair. It was so warm and healing all his worry, but then he just getting hurt even more, because he don’t know how to heal Kai's pain.

He just hugged Kai, tucked his head into his lover broad chest.

I love you Kai. I love everything about you.

I love you too. Kai caressed Lu’s back. Hey, how about we dance? Kai asked Lu.

But I just want to stay like this. Lu whined. He didn’t want to let go, he afraid if they stop touching the pain will come back to haunt him again.

Let's dance, okay? C'mon, I'll teach you y wave.

Lu blushed, as he let Kai held his hand to the center. Then Kai played the music out loud from his cellphone and start doing some wave.

Lu laughed awkwardly when Kai began circling him. He nodded into the rhythms, until he moved his hips into the music. In the end, they danced together, slow to fast. Lu was perfectly fine mimicking Kai, and enjoying the way their shoulder brushed, the way Kai hand’s rest on his hips, the way their body touched, until they heard commotion in front of the door.

They stop dancing, and Kai turning off the music.

The door opened and the room filled with EXO members. Lu walked to take his mineral bottle as he saw Lay walked at his direction. Where’d have you been? Lu asked.

CCTV room.

Lu spit out his drink as he heard that. W-what are you doing in there?! He asked Lay.

Lay stared at front emptily, I was playing around in there when I saw both of you snogging and practically grinding at each other in the middle of this room.

Both of them stared at the small observation camera in the corner.

Lu gulped. So you saw everything.

Yes. Now give me money.

For what?!

So I won’t make fan account for KaiLu shipper.

Why?! Lu shocked. I thought you're my best friend.

Now your best friend needs money. Give me money.

Ok, how many you want?

Not much. Just a few hundreds won for buying snack.

Are you sure? Lu gave him some money. Now promise me you won’t make fan account.

Ok. Lay smiled. Thank you. I forget where I put my wallet.

Then why you’re in CCTV room?

I think if I can see all rooms, then it will be handy to search my wallet.

Lu furrowed his eyebrows. Have you search it in dorm?

I don’t have time for that.

But you had time to watch us.

Because both of you are interesting.

*

Lu’s accident

*

Are you okay? Kai texting Lu when they already in car.

I'm okay, just a little shock.

It's awful. I'm so angry.

Why?

What if you wounded?

Lu smiled as he saw the text. I'm okay so let this matter go. Besides, they already went so far to see us. I heard they were badly treated too so let's say we're even.

It's not fair. You never pushed them away.

Kai, when we choose this job, we knew the consequences.

I know I hate it sometimes.

Me too. But let's see it in positive way. Because of this job, we can be together, right?

Kai can't help but smile as he saw that. Just take care of your body. You're too precious to me.

Lu touched the surface of his phone before he turned at Kai who sat behind him and whispered, so do you to me…

*

“You're the only one”

*

So what, if Sehun and Luhan practice together to perform with Boa. So what, if they became so happy about it.

Lu still belonged to Kai.

Or that's what Kai believe in.

You sulked. Dio smiled at Kai.

Kai stared at Dio. They left at home together. He accompanied Dio cooking right now.

Because you can't give me what I want.

Dio chuckled. How could I give you what you want if you didn't tell me what's that?

Kai sighed. I want sehun disappeared.

Why?

He breaks my heart.

Dio stopped chopping the veggies. Don't say that. He loves you too.

He loves Lu.

We all love Luhan hyung. What's so strange about that?

Not everyone, just Sehun.

So, you’re jealous?

Hmm…

With Lu?

Kai furrowed his eyebrows. WTF?! So Dio thinks he loves Hun?!

Kai sighed again. I'm right. You're so useless. He decided to walk away from kitchen.

No, wait, Dio grabbed his arm, what do you mean? Did i say something wrong?

No, hyung, just... Kai stared at dio. He didn’t want to talk about Lu or Hun anymore. So he asked Dio. How about you? Anyone caught your heart?

Dio shrugged. Well, I do love someone.

Did he aware of your feeling?

Kind of. Dio smiled shyly at his veggies. Let's say, we just let it flow.

What do you mean? So he loves you too?

We never talk about feelings. Dio said. When we’re near, we just enjoying the moment in silent. He’s not a talkative person to begin with.

Kai smirked. Are you talking about our relationship?

Dio poked Kai arm, what are you talking about, you’re not him, because you’re annoying.

So, it means, this man older than you.

Dio nodded. Hm-Hmm.

How do you know he loved you too?

The way he treats me. Dio blushed as he stared at Kai with such hazy eyes. This is the first time I’ve been treated with such gentleness. I know the difference, because my friends always tease me. He referred it to Kai.

Be careful hyung. Kai tapped Dio shoulder. He might be a player if he looked too sweet.

Are you talking about yourself? Dio giggled.

I’m not a player. Kai stated.

Well, if I don’t know you, I might think you’re secretly dating Luhan hyung behind everyone’s back.

Kai eyes widened, but he covered his surprised face by asking. How you could think like that?!

It’s your fault for keep staring at Luhan hyung as if he was your prey, you ert!

Prey? What do you think I am, a beast or what?! Kai gritted his teeth as he pinched Dio cheeks. Hard.

Ouch, it’s hurt!

Why? Your boyfriend never pinched you before?!

No, he’s not hurting me like you!

Tell him, you love it when people squeezed you.

No!

Kai laughed as Dio start kicking him outta kitchen. Then he just sat in front of tv, sighed.

What is that, even Dio can see how desperate him to get Lu’s attention. How he tried to exist in Lu’s life.

Even after became Lu’s lover, he can’t stop worrying over how close Sehun to Lu and how blunt Lu became when it comes to Hun. It as if, he let Hun do as he please to him. Let Hun grew his love even deeper than before. Let Hun existence slowly took over his life.

Kai closed his eyes. So hurt, he whispered to himself.

Why it was so hurt to fall in love?

Luhan is his. Why it can’t be that simple?

*

Did you just, angry to me again? Lu carefully asked kai.

Kai stared at Lu in confusion. Why?

Because I'm hanging out around Sehun a lot these past days.

You want me to angry at you?

Lu shrugged. I don't know, you look far. And you were not a talkative person to begin with so it's hard to read what you want.

I want you. Kai leaned into Lu’s ear and whispered huskily at him.

Lu can't help but smiled shyly as he heard that. Stop making me nervous.

After all we went through, you still nervous around me?

Lu giggled, is that wrong?

No it's cute. You're so cute.

So you don't angry at me?

Why would I? Did you do something wrong?

No.

You do like I told you, right?

Lu nodded. I don't stare at her when we practice the dance. He leaned into kai chest. Please don't get mad at me.

I’m not mad at you.

Not at me?

Not at you.

Lu stared at kai, thinking, before he leaned even closer into his lover’s hug, nevermind, then.

Kai kissed Lu’s tip of head, as he hugged Lu tighter, tried to own this delicious scent, this beautiful face, and this warmness, so he can forget he had to share his place with Hun in Lu’s heart.

*

A/N: Sorry, it’s too short. Originally it had 35 pages but then I just realize I wrote too much in this chapter, so I had to cut the story until here. What do you think? Should I put the or jump to the next event?