Sidewalks

Kai and Lu draft : When You're Away

So I decided to write the continuation of this draft into a proper fic with the same title ^^

here's the sneak peek, enjoy reading ^^

 

*

 

When You're Away

 

*

 

 

“Why did you smile?”

 

Kai grunted beside Luhan as they walked on the sidewalk, side by side. The older boy took a glance at Kai, before he tucked his face down, eyeing the paving road under their feet. Kai thought, maybe the blond simply didn’t want to interact with their fans (which stalked them behind for a while now) or maybe there's really something wrong with them walking out together in the broad day.

“Hey.” Kai nudged his elbow, asked to be answered.

Lu cleared his throat, tried to look as normal as he could when he faced Kai, but he can’t. Every time he saw into Kai’s eyes, all these feeling exploded in his little heart, turning his eyes cloudy and forming a gleam smile of happiness on his pink lips. I love you, almost on his lips, followed by hundreds, no, thousands sweet words he can remember right now for the precious time he could spent together with the one he loved. However, Kai gave him a warning gaze, snapping him back to the reality that this is not the right time for acting like a lovey dovey couple.

 

They’re not alone.

 

And so, Luhan averted his gaze, looking at his own feet instead as he said, “no, I’m just feeling inappropriately happy today.” Again the smile softened his facial feature, and the smile made Kai slowly walked close and closer until their shoulder brushed.

Lu raised his face, questioning the brunette with his gaze if it’s okay for them to be this close in public. Kai didn’t answer him, didn’t look at his direction too, but they stay as close as normal it would look, until they found the bus stop.

“It’s not inappropriate.” Kai only began speaking again after they went into the bus and seated next to each other. “Why such simple thing like this could make you so happy? I mean, we’re just hanging out together.”

Lu giggled at him, “it’s not ‘hanging out’ it’s a date.” The older boy said cutely, “and I’m so happy cause you finally stopped being a coward and ask me out, in the middle of day, and in front of everyone.” He brushed his hand on the red tint on Kai’s cheeks, “I almost thought you’re a vampire, only loves nightlife.”

He remembered again, when Kai suddenly appeared in EXO M dorm, and asked if Lu wanted to go out today, with him. Lu, who was watching TV with Sehun and Tao, stilled for a minute or two with face contorted in disbelief, until Kai gritted his teeth and repeated his offer.

 

‘Lu, do you want to go out with me, today?’

 

Lu nodded absently, almost in trance as he got up and wear any jacket he found and put on his beanie. He let Kai grabbed his hand and bring him outside his dorm. All he did was only staring at Kai dazedly, with pink blush crept on his cheeks and a sheepish smile plastered on his lips. It’s funny, how his brain stopped working properly and let the body take the lead, making him looked so dumb and clueless but he can't help it. It felt too surreal for Kai to be this bold before especially when Sehun was around.

Kai smirked at Lu, “hmph, if I’m a vampire, then you’ll be my blood bag.” He laughed when he saw Lu pouted at his words. He leaned in and let their nose touched, still laughing but now he whispered softly,

 

“I love you, Lu.”

 

Lu closed his eyes, the words stopped him for getting more upset with his boyfriend. He’s always weak, when it comes to Kai. That’s why when he looked back into Kai’s eyes, there’s only love clouding in his eyes, and a smile which re his face.

 

“Then kiss me.” Lu whispered.

 

“Why I had to?” Kai raised an eyebrow, teasing the beauty.

Lu gasped, “Because you are mine. Aren’t that enough reasons already?”

Kai only stared at him with a hardening gaze, hesitating for sure, because Lu was beautiful to the simplest form of a being. Without any make up on, with unmatched clothes, with his cute beanie, he became so precious just because he existed in this life. Just because he was here, near Kai, the brunette was so close from losing his own mind and gave up to his hunger over touch. But that will only please Lu and Kai was more into tease, so the younger only pecked the side of Lu’s head

 

“Later.”

 

Lu pouted again. Kai smiled and patted the blowfish cheeks tried hard not to mock Lu over the older's cuteness while leaned close into the blond hair and whispered lowly, “I’ll give you more when we’re arrived at home…”

 

*

 

here's the link ^^