When You're Away

Kai and Lu draft : When You're Away

SM Building in Beijing

*

I think they're dating.

Believe me they’re not.

But, Sehun leaned in and whispered again into Kai ear, but why they’re so close?

Kai stared at Baekki and Tao who sat together, snuggling to each other. They just... Kai furrowed his eyebrows, cold, yeah, they seek warmth from each other.

Sehun grumbled. Do you think I'll buy that?

Yeah? Kai winced.

Sehun didn't answer. He just stared at Kai before he snorted. Moron. If they want to share warmth they had to be .

Whatever, Hun… Kai sighed as he walked away from Hun and sat near Dio and Chanyeol.

Sehun pissed you again?Dio asked Kai.

Yeah. He saw Lu was chatting animatedly towards Lay. He smiled a bit at how cute Lu could be.

Where isSuhohyung? Kai asked Dio.

He’s out. Dio said. Shopping with Chen and Xiuminhyung.

Definitely being spoiled by ChenMin. Kai chuckled lightly.

Kind of.Dio yawned. I'm so sleepy.

Why?Chanyeol snorted. Kris keep you up all night? He asked in mocking tone.

Shut up. Dio laughed awkwardly. He's not like you.

What am I like?

You're a ert.

How so?

When I was asleep you opened my shirt and drawing on me.

Chanyeol laughed out hard. I just want to know if you're really a man. And the drawing, admit it it's cute.

Dio shook his head, his face slightly flustered. Not cute at all!You drew an elephant on my crotch, who do you think I am?! Crayon Shinchan?!

I love Crayon Shinchan.

You're even peeping me when I'm showering!

Can't help it, Baekki and you showering together was really a good show.

Kai stared at both of them, feel amused. But then Chanyeolstarted to abuse/molest Dio physically and then everything turned boring. He got up when he heard Lu laughed so loud.

Kai took a confused gaze at his boyfriend.

What are you laughing at? He stood behind Lu and sent him a text.

Lu received his text and immediately searched for him.

Behind you. Kai whispered.

Oh, Lu smiled at him. Hi there.

Hi. Kai motioned him to reply his text.

Lu texted him back, why? Am I too loud?

No, it’s so nice to see you laughing happily. I’m just curious why.

He saw Lu covered his mouth, holding another attempt to laugh again. Lay just threw a nice nickname for Kris.

What is it?

Fire spitter.

Kai smiled, is it because he's a dragon or he nag a lot?

Both. Lu giggled again. Hey, do you wanna sneak out?

What if we get lost?

Then we'll just get lost forever.

Kai chuckled. You sure want to runaway, don't you? Ok, let's snuck out I'm a little hungry.

Ok, meet me outside in half an hour. Oh, promise me one thing. Lu turned and grabbed Kai shirt.

Kai leaned in closer, as if they not close enough. But he let Lu whispered on his ears, because he loved the feel when the soft voice intruding his mind, or the breath which tickling his earlobe.

Don't just wear a cap. Lu said.

Kai suddenly turned at him their nose bumped at each other. He laughed at seeing blush crept on Lu’s face. Why?

Lu brushed his now reddened nose. Not from bump but from blush, as he pouted cutely. I don’t want fangirls spotted you they’ll you.

That’s impossible.

That’s possible. Lu stared at him dazedly. Because that’s how I feel everytime I saw you.

Kai eyes widened as he saw glint of lust in Lu’s eyes.

He gulped. Can we book a room instead?

Lu chuckled. He tapped Kai shoulder in friendly term, come on. Let’s eat out.

*

I don't wear cap. Kai grunted as he held his lover hands tighter. But how did you become like this?!

Lu looked up and his eyes smiled as he wore a pink hoody and skinny jeans and pink mask. Am I cute, oppa? He asked and Kai had an urge to kiss him.

Can I kiss you?

We're on the road. Lu’s still smiling.

I still consider us to book a room because I had this hard on which is your fault.

Lu calmly answered. You just me last night, and this morning.

Kai groaned. Then stop wearing pink, do you want to kill me?

No, I just love it when you lose control because of me. He hooked Kai hands and gently said, let's eat, ok? I'll pay for us.

Kai still grumbled.

Please? Lu whined at his lover, Oppa?

Kai sighed. Fine. But stop calling me Oppa.

Ok then. Now smile.

Kai didn't smile. Instead, he circled his hands around Lu and smirked. What if someone kidnap you and you?

No one will.

Huh?

Because I'll always be in your sight. Lu smiled, I love you, oppa.

Kai eyes turned hazy as he heard that. He stopped walking and whispered. Lu?

What? Lu giggled.

Kai cupped Lu’s masked cheeks. When I'm with you, I promise to keep watching you, to stay by your side. But when I’m away, when we're away, please protect yourself to me. Can you promise me that?

Lu opened his mask a bit and whispered gently, I promise. He smiled as Kai leaned in to kiss his forehead.

Lu tucked his head down,I thought you want to kiss my lips. He giggled happily all over again.

We're on the road. Kai fixed Lu's mask. Come on. He gave Lu his arm so Lu can hugged him again, let's go eating before I decide to eat you up.

Lu giggled, what you think my taste is? Sweet or salty?

You tasted like heaven.

*

Kai furrowed his eyebrows, staring up in front of a three storey building with Lu giggling happily beside him.

This is your home?Kai turned at his lover.

Lu nodded excitedly. This is my home. Ta-da! He said while spreading his hands cutely.

Kai sighed. So this is all about. He asked to eat out, yet he brought Kai home.

What? Lu looked disappointed, you don't like here? I mean, I'm sorry for bringing you here, but I just remember my house is near so...

I'm okay. Kai smiled. Don't worry, just a sudden nervous.

And the cutie pie just titled his head in confusion. Really? Why did you nervous?

Kai groaned. It’s already so bad to see his beauty in pink, didn’t have to make it worse by acting cute. He looked at the white colored house again. Maybe because I'll meet your father. Suddenly he had bad feeling about this…

My father is a good man. Lu led Kai inside, trust me he's an understanding person.

Who's that?

Lu spoke in china. Mother I'm home!

Luhan? You're home? A beautiful woman walked out from a room.

At that moment Kai just stunned. Wow, she’s just like a woman version of Lu.

Well, Kai and I just walking around and we decided to stop by. Lu said happily.

You decide it yourself. Kai thought, but then he smiled dazzlingly as he was introduced to Lu's mother.

I don't know you're serious.

Lu turned at his mother as she whispered at him. They let Kai wandering alone in the living room, while Lu helped her preparing some snacks in the kitchen. I thought your father just messing with you again.

Well, he’s messing with me all the time, but,Lu turned at Kai and smiled softly, I love him.

His mother stared at him. Do you think it's okay to love a man?

Yeah, are you okay with that, mum?

She didn’t answer first. She busied herself making drinks before she finally said, that’s your choice, honey. If you think that’s good for you, then I’m okay.

So you're okay I'm dating him. Lu sighed in relief, before he trapped his mother into a tight hug. Thank God I thought you’ll chase him away.

Who did something like that nowadays?! His mother chuckled, well, how about him? Did his family know?

I don't know. But his family really good to me so I guess they just let it flow.

She took out a chocolate pudding from the fridge.So, do you sleep with him?

Lu choked.

I took that as yes, then. She cut the pudding and put it on a plate.

For a moment, there’s an awkward silent in between them before she asked Lu again.

So how it feels?

Mother! Don't ask me about that!Lu hissed in embarrassment.

She chuckled, Why, I'm just curious you know. So he's the man?

Lu groaned. Suddenly his throat got dry. He tried to ignore the silly question but it seemed his mother already knew his answer.

And you're the woman?

Lu took a deep breath, please stop it mother. His face flustered even more.Things like this shouldn't be talked to you. It's embarrassing!

You're wrong, honey. His mother walked at his direction and then she just cupped his face.It looks like I was humiliating you, but actually I cared for you. Actually I don’t care, but I want to make sure you gained something from this relationship. Just to make sure you're happy living with him.

Lu eyes widened a bit as he finally realized what this is about. Well, he shrugged, when we're together, everything is sweet, but when we're away, there's always longing. But we tried to close our gap. Try to keep our love connected.

Then be strong. His mother smiled as she took the snacks to the living room, where Kai checking Lu’s childhood photo. Kai, wanna eat some snacks?

Kai smiled, felt thankful that she spoke in English. I’d like some. Thanks.

She returned his smile with a happy giggle. So, I will continue making lunch, apparently we had big feast today. She eyeing Lu’s lover, then at his son. And I'll call your father home. She said to Lu.He must be happy to seeKai in person.

Kai choked his pudding after Lu translated it to him.

Are you sure your father a good man? Kai asked warily.

Yeah, why?

A good man usually didn't like it when his boy dated another boy.

Relax, Lu caressed Kai arm, he won't do anything. I'll protect you.

*

So, you're the one who sleep with my boy?

Father!

How it feels? Having with another man?

Father!

The way Lu's father talk and the way Lu whined, Kai thought the older man might say something inappropriate. He can’t help but sighed.

Lu's father chuckled while pointing at Kai, hey, it seems he understand what I mean.

Father, stop asking weird things! Lu pouted.

The mother smiled heavenly at Kai. Sorry, Kai. She said in English, bad father.

Kai almost choked as he heard that. No, he shook his head, murmuring in English too. It’s okay, I like him. He’s cool. He smiled at both Lu’s parents.

Huh? Lu's father raised his eyebrows, Luhan, your boyfriend said he like me.

Lu hissed in annoyance. He didn’t like you that way! Father, stop messing with us!

Are you sure he's not a player?Because he look like one.

He's not!

Both of you, the mother finally said to them, enough. We had guest here. Lu why don't you ask Kai how's his feeling after coming here?

Lu asked Kai in Korean. Kai stared at the families before he cleared his throat and said. Well, I felt at ease now I can finally met Lu's family. And I’m glad both of you didn’t chase me away from this house. He saw Lu’s mother giggled when she heard Lu translated it for them. But I felt disappointed too because I don't understand Mandarin. I hope next time I can be invited here again, and I can speak more than ‘thank you’.

Lu's father smirked as he heard that, you better learn it before I let you marry Lu.

Kai stared at him. Apparently he understood what Lu’s father means.I love Lu.He said firmly.I'll do anything to make him happy.

Kai... Lu eyes got teary.

For a moment, the parents just went into a strange quietness, before Lu’s father leaned in to his wife and whispered on her ear.

Kai suddenly had an urge to run away, because this is so awkward for him but he knew better not to do something like that. He’ll lose his pride, and Lu. So he just sat still, submitted to his fate.

Then, Lu’s mother finally smiled at Kai again and Kai suddenly felt at ease, Kai, do you want some more?It felt like he was being judged before, and approved. Or maybe considered to be placed as Lu’s boyfriend.

Kai nodded eagerly even though he didn't understand what she said. But she motioned at the food so between she asked him to eat more or clean the dishes.

Stop staring him like that. You’re a man. Act like one. Lu's father sneered at Lu.

Lu pouted again. Father you're so mean! Kai already come all the way here, why don't you just show you're happy!

His father messed with his hair, whose parents feel happy, their little kitten now an adult and bringing home someone else.

It's no different like when i brought my friend home!

Well, it's different. His father said. You didn’t sleep with your friends, right?

Lu slowly nodded. He didn’t object this.

Is he good in English?

Lu nodded again.

Tell him, after this he had to clean the dishes with your mum.

Huh? Why?

His father ignored his question. And you, you had to massage my back.

Father!

Or I'll kick him outta house right now.

*

They walked home together after the lunch with Lu’s parents.

So, how's my parents? Lu began.

Kai sighed. I’m so nervous, especially around your father. He's very scary.

You didn't look scared at all. Lu furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

Because i don't understand mandarin at all. But from his body language and how he made you turned upside down, I think he’s a very dangerous man. What he said about me, actually?

I don't want you to know.

Why?

You'll get pissed at him.Lu entwined their fingers. I mean, he always talk what he want I don't know if that's a good or bad things to you.

Kai smiled weakly, I won't ask, then.

Lu stared at Kai. What are you talking with my mum?

It's a secret.

Heeeh?! Lu whined, you promised me you'll never keep a secret from me!

When did i promise that? Kai chuckled, before he circled his hand around Lu’s back. Well, it's nothing, really. She just wanted to know about my family.

And your answer?

I told her about my family, how was their feeling about you, and how they think about us.

How they think about us? Did they know we're lovers?

Kai nodded. I already told them, right?

I thought you’re just joking.

No, they know. Kai stared at his beautiful lover. Why do you think my mum never wake me up in the morning when you're sleepover.

That sure made Lu’s face turned so red. So, they know we're doing it too? Wow, I'm so embarrassed to go to your house now!

Relax. Kai snatched a kiss on Lu’s side head. They not heard anything. You're very good holding your scream.

Shut up. That’s not making me feel better.Lu hid his face in Kai neck.

Kai caressed his lover back. Wanna feel better?He murmured darkly. Let's book a room.

I thought you already forget about that.

*

A/N: Short, isn’t it? I feel that way too, and it’s not even happen in reality, lol, my friend Eru loves Lu’s father so I decided to make this.

Finally make a chapter without mature content =_=a (I don’t want people think this story as chaptered KaiLu ty collection, I made one though XDDD)