When You're Away

Kai and Lu draft : When You're Away

L.A: the night after sm town

*

They already free from any fancam as they arrived in their floor.

Lu led sleepy hun to their bedroom. He turned and saw dio was staring at him worriedly.

Lu smiled. Do you want to exchange bedroom with me? He offered.

Dio was stunned. Can I hyung? Hun never let me in the same room with him. He said I’m noisy.

I will, if you promise not to nag at him. We all tired, y knows.

Dio looked happy, he helped Lu moving hun and even volunteering cleaned hun up. Lu thought it's the time to go so he walked to the door.

Luhan hyung? Dio called just when he pulled down hun pants.

Hmm?

Are you okay sleeping with Kai? Dio asked in wary tone.

Lu felt weird, sure. Why’d y ask that?

Dio shrugged. No I just thought you didn't really want to get near him.

No.

Well, you look cautious around him. Try not to get too close.

Lu didn't answer it immediately. It surprised him how sharp Dio can be. Was it too clear that he was scared to touch Kai, scared if Kai will reject him and ignore him?

I'll be okay. Now sleep. He smiled brightly at Dio, Good night, Dio.

Night, hyung.

Right, now what's next? He slipped d.o card key and making his way inside. He heard someone in shower, he just staring at the bed. Which one is d.o? And which one is kai? Both of beds were tidy as hell and so identical.

He decided that he will choose the bed near the window. He already clean up in the changing room before and now he just need to do a few rituals before slipped into the cover.

Kai walked out from the shower. He sighed as he saw a bundle in his bed.

Hyung, he decided to prank Dio who unusually sleep before cleaning up, do you want to inhale my scent that bad? You can always ask me. I had so many dirty laundries for you-…

He opened the cover and his eyes widened as he saw Luhan sleeping soundly.

Kai gulped. What is he doing here? He asked himself in panic.

Kai stepped back. He covered Lu again with the blanket, before he sat on Dio bed, watching Lu sleeping.

*

Why are you here?

Lu woke up and smiled heavenly at Kai. Morning, jonginnie. Are you sleep well?

Why are you here? Kai whispered tiredly. I can't sleep last night.

Having a nightmare? Lu asked.

Kind of. Kai grunted. Where's Dio hyung?

Lu played with his toes, with Hun. He stated calmly.

Kai furrowed his eyebrows, before he chuckled darkly, Lu, you really know how to make Hun pissed…!

Lu looked confused, I don't get it.

Kai didn't answer him. Suddenly he became less sulky and happier. He even gave a hand to Lu, let's fetch our breakfast.

Wait, why won't you tell me anything?

You'll know by yourself.

*

Kai was right. When he was going back to his room, Hun really pissed. He keep asking Hun why but Hun just ignoring him

Lu? Hun? Kai appeared in front of the door. His face became so bright with his dazzling smile. Are you done?

Hun walked passed Kai and circled his hand around Kai neck. I'm done. Let's eat first.

Lu didn’t get it. He searched for Dio and asking the boy directly what happen with them last night.

D.O said nothing happen. He just changed hun clothes and then he did his own business.

Then why Hun became so pissed?

*

You were ignoring Lu. Kai murmured.

Hun grumbled lowly. Maybe it's weird for you to hear this but I can get tired of him too.

Kai smiled. What happen last night? With d.o?

Hun suddenly got more flustered and pissed. Nothing.

Then why do you become so angry?

He didn't nag at me. He just stayed silent. He didn't even look at me. It's weird and annoying.

You love it when he’s being an . A smirk appeared on Kai face.

Nah, don't say it like that. Hun finally chuckled. I feel bad for Luhan hyung now.

Will you tell him anything?

What? No. I'll tell him later when we arrived in Korea. For now, I just want to sulk and sulk a lot.

Kai smirked, then I'll warn Dio first.

Don't even think of that. I'll tell Lu your wet dream about him.

I'll you if you do that.

Hun laughed out hard. As if you can do that easily. Y know, someday I'll be even higher and bigger that Yeol I make you my .

Why don't both of you just make out and everyone happy? Yeol passed them. Dio behind him chuckled but didn't say anything.

C'mon Yeol, let sat there. D.O nudged Yeol waist. He made eye contact with Hun, but he just averted his gaze immediately.

See, he ignored me. Hun said.

Who ignore you? Baekki passed by. I should give him an award.

Shut up, baekki you don't know anything. He gave baekki mehrong.

Baekki just gave him mehrong back, before sat with Yeol and Dio.

Kai chuckled. True, there must be something wrong. You look so scary, even Lu sat with Lay and Min now.

Hun just grumbled again. I want to know why Dio hyung gave me silent treatment. I'll be okay if he just said why.

Are you sure?

*

Do you happen to know why Dio ignoring hun? Kai texted Lu who sat in front of him.

Lu reply immediately, oh no! Please say I'm wrong. But I'm afraid I made Dio like that.

Kai snickered. What did you say to him?

I only said, I allow him sleep with Hun if only he stop nagging at Hun. I don't know he will really stop talking.

Kai suddenly burst into laugh. Dio stared at him confusedly. Even some other members turned just to see how happy Kai became.

I wish Kai get this cheerful around fans. Suho murmured in defeat. Hun chuckled as he heard that.

Why? Lu texted him again. Hun always complaint how noisy Dio turned be when he nag a lot.

Yeah, but Hun kind of enjoy it. Kai replied. It's better than silent Dio.

I don't get this. Lu sighed.

You’re just too innocent, hyung. Kai whispered on Lu back.

Lu suddenly turned and grabbed kai right on his bang. Shut up! He whined with reddened face.

Everyone stared at both of them now. Min asked Lu, what’s wrong with both of you?!

Kai winced as he touched his hair, but then he chuckled happily.

Seeing that, lu can’t help but laughed with him too. Sorry, Jongin.

Nah, I deserved it.

Min furrowed his eyebrows, before grunted as he tried to catch some quick nap again.

What’s happen? Dio whispered to Kai.

Kai smiled at dio. I just threw a wrong joke at Lu.

Dio pouted, don’t messed with older people.

Yes, yes, grandma.

See, your mouth need education.

Your mouth needs to .

Min turned at them. Both of you, he grumbled, just shut up.

*

SM Town Taiwan

*           

I always thought something happen between Luhan and you. Suho said to Kai.

Kai smiled. Why did you suddenly ask this?

Maybe I was wrong, but you tried to stay away from him, yet you never left his side.

You were just thinking into it too much, hyung.

So I was wrong?

Kai didn't answer immediately. He just stared at his tied fingers that he played with.

The truth already on his lips but he only chuckled, what are you implying me to? He asked suho.

Well, I'm curious about your relationship. And why Lu became inseparable with Hun while he turned very careful when it comes to you.

He just uncomfortable with the pair people made up for us.

But he still let you near him, and why you? He was comfortable around everyone, except you.

I dunno, maybe he hate me. Why don't you ask him instead? Kai snapped.

Don't snap at me.

I'm sorry. Kai sighed.

I'm asking you, because in my eyes it's you who trying hard not to interact with him.

It's not something that matter.

It's matter. Suho stared at Kai. So just tell me what happen between Lu and you so we can settle this problem together.

No. Kai whispered lowly. It's nothing.

Is it because of Hun became Lu pair, so you became disappointed like this?

No. Kai got up. I already know they close.

So you’re jealous?

No. He gulped. Can we stop talking this? I need to go.

Wait, I'm not done with you.

I'm done. Kai got up and reach his cellphone. He locked himself in the bathroom, before impatiently push the call button.

Kai? A soft voice answered his call.

That voice became such a cure for his addict state. He inhaled a deep breath. Since when, his stage name became this precious to hear?

Is it because it’s Lu who called him like this?

Kai? What's happen?

Kai smiled, what are you doing? He chatted with lu, talking about simple things for a while. Try to forget his pain.

What's happen? Lu asked him in worry tone.

Kai bit his nails, nothing. He tried to cover up his wound.

Is it because of me? Lu asked.

No. It's never been your fault.

Then it's not your fault too. Whatever it is.

Kai chuckled at hearing that, why we only became this close on the phone.

Umm, maybe it’s because we don't have to face each other so it less awkward.

Right. Kai sighed.

So why’d you sad?

I'm not sad.

Really? I hope you were sad right now so i can hear your story. I really missed hearing your voice.

You like my voice?

Well, i like yeol voice the best. He's really manly.

Why don't you talk with him instead?

But I’d love to talk to you. Y know, your voice is stunning me. It makes me lose control.

Your voice kind of .

ert.

Kai laughed as he heard such a cute whine. He was itching to see Lu face right now.

So, how's things happen with Hun?

You tell me. You always stick around us.

My bad, hyung. I was there only for fan service, nothing more.

Really? I didn't look it like that to me. Are you sure you were doing fanservice? Because fanservice including touch and interactions right?

You didn't understand a thing. Even stood side by side can be moment. So I'll stick with you until the end of world.

There’s a long pause.

Lu? Kai asked.

Hmm? Lu hummed. Sorry I'm sleepy.

Well, then it's my time to hang up.

Don't.

Huh?

Can we talk until I sleep?

That's definitely cost big. Kai sneered.

He heard Lu laughed.

Okay, maybe sometimes I will call you as payback.

That’s a promise, then.

Btw, what are you doing now? Lu asked.

I’m in the bathroom.

Seriously? I thought you were in bed already.

You were fantasizing about me?

No, ert.

Just admit it, hyung. I won't judge you.

No, really. You're so funny. I wish we can talk this smooth in real life.

What do you mean? Are you drunk? Or are you sleep talking now? He joked, and smiled as he heard Lu was burst into laugh.

I'm awake. Lu said. I wish you will be more relaxed around me.

I'll try. Kai answered. If only Hun was away from you. What are you looking in him?

He's someone to care. Lu answered. I love taking care of him. You cared for him too, then why you even ask?

Maybe I'm jealous. I'm glad I'm not being a maknae, but i frustrated because i want to be close to you but i don't know how.

So this is bugging you all the time?

Yes.

I don't know how too. I learn to care people, to spoil them, and to make them comfortable with me. With you, it's different. You didn't need all that so i confused. What can i give to you so we can connect our heart?

Maybe you can start from taking than giving.

What?

I mean, you cared about other people too much, so it's okay if someone took care if you.

You mean, like a brother?

Like a friend, mate, BFF.

So, you want to take care of me?

If you let me to.

That's sweet, that's the sweetest thing I've ever heard.

I'll say more in future.

I wish I can see your face. I really miss you.

We just met in Taiwan.

Promise me, when we met again don't stay silent near me. Just talk to me.

Don't you afraid making moment with me?

At first, i thought it was embarrassing. I was scared if i think of you like what they want me to. Then i realized, it was silly to be afraid of something like that. I mean, we're friends right? Why we can't be friend normally.

Because i love you. Kai chuckled.

Don't be so proud of that. Lu laughed out, how many people you love like that?

This far... Hmm... Let me see... Only you.

You lied. How about lay?

Dance friend. But less communicate. We're close, in professional way.

Dio?

Too cute. Nag a lot. So many rules.

Then Suho?

I respect him. But he’s too straight for my taste.

Lu laughed, then why me?

I have no reason to love you. I just do.

*

London

*

Lu, where are you?

I'm in the changing room right now, how's London?

I wish you were here.

Lu chuckled. Why?

Kai snorted, so you can see how Hun cheated on you. He got a smack behind his back, thanks to Hun.

Lu, he lied! I love you! Lu heard Hun shouted out loud. He giggled.

Who cheated with hun? Lu asked Kai.

Me. Kai answered.

Lu whined, I'm jealous. He said. I want to have affair with you too.

Kai stop walking so now there is a gap between him and his friend.

So, Kai smiled, you want me.

I want you. Lu held his laugh. What will you do with that?

Well, i cannot promise you a date because when you were back, hun will dominate all your time.

Lu played with a pen on the coffee table, that's such a pity

Kai smirked, yeah-…

Kai looked at mannequins in front of a lingerie shop. He saw the blond haired one and he smiled. Hey, I found a good shirt for you.

Really? What color is?

Pink?

Buy me that! Lu whined.

Kai burst into laugh. No I can't, he said helplessly.

Why? I'll pay you back.

No. Kai still laughed. It's a lingerie.

A what?! Lu shocked. Then he realized he got prank and he embarrassed. Kai, why you...!

Sorry, Kai tried to end his laugh.

It's not funny.

Okay, okay. Please don't get mad.

You played with me. How supposed I wear that?!

I bet it still look good on you.

Really?

Wait, should I go back and ask for your size?

I'll kill you if you dare to make me wear that.

Will you cry if I dead?

Huh? No. I won't cry.

Why? That's heart breaking.

Well, I'll die with you.

For a moment, Kai just close his eyes, feeling the warmness that seeping into his heart.

They felt connected to one another as Lu let the silence took over their time for just a while.

Kai?

Hmm?

I missed you.

Kai stared at the grey cloud upon him, and I love you. He smiled a bit.

I love you too. Lu whispered, please be back safely.

*

Changsa

*

We met again. Kai murmured as he stood side by side with Lu.

Lu can't help his smile. Yeah, we met again.

We've been watched, right?

Lu turned at Kai, do you want to play it easy for them? He referred to their fans.

Kai chuckled. What so fun in it. He stared at the audience. I don't want to make fan service

Lu touched kai shoulder, then just be natural. He whispered on kai ear.

Kai took a playful gaze at him. That's what I mean of play it easy.

Lu smiled shyly. So you were naturally in love with me?

Why even bother to ask?

Lu tucked his head down, try to held his laugh with reddened face

Kai laughed awkwardly.

Well, lu stared at kai again. I love you too.

*

There is something between us. Kai said as they walked out from the rest room.

So you realized now? Lu fakely surprised, after all we went through and all those calls, texts, and you just realized now?

Since when we're dating?

Lu ask him back, since when we're in love?

Kai taken aback. This is wrong.

No it's not.

We cannot dating.

Why?

Our relationship not supposed to grow this way.

But it grew this way. Lu murmured. And I kinda like it. It was something so pure, because we just need love and trust to make this happen.

Kai calmed down. So you like it?

There's no reason to dislike it. You love me, right? I really happy you let me be close to you.

It's a miracle how you can be so happy with such a simple thing. I keep thinking that love should be more complicated.

Yeah, there must be some detail we need to think about, but for now, let's just enjoy it. Don't be hesitant.

Well, I'm not hesitating about our relationship. Just, this is the first time I'm dating and i don't feel any pressure.

It's good that we naturally in love, right? Lu tapped kai shoulder.

Kai finally smiled dazzlingly. He looked around, make sure they were alone before he placed a kiss on lu cheek. Ok, my love. I'm all yours.

Lu giggled shyly, that's pretty sweet, Kai… I love you.

They laughed together, before walked into the waiting room where they found other members.

*

Depart to Seoul

*

When will you arrived? Lu got the message from kai.

Lu smiled happily as he replied. Soon. Really miss you.

I miss you too. Can I call you?

Sure.

Then his phone rang. With the same sheepish smile Lu answer it, that was fast.

Kai chuckled, well, because I want to hear your voice so this thumping heart can be calmed down.

Do you need my help to ease that pain away?

Just don't go to Seoul, and met Sehun.

You’re still jealous with him?

Yes. I'm very jealous.

That's unfair. Lu pouted. I’d never jealous when you're with Hun or Dio or Suho.

Well, at least I know who I belong to.

But we're just friend. Brother.

Still, I'm jealous because I'm too coward to claim you as mine.

Lu blinked. All his annoyance became clear at once. No, you're not a coward. He whispered. It's okay if you feel uncomfortable around me as long as you still want to stay with me, stood by my side. That's more than enough to me.

Kai didn't just answer. He bit his nails, feel so low by unleashing his jealousy over lu.

I'm sorry. Kai murmured.

No, it's okay.

Just, i don't like the way you interact with him.

Lu tucked his head down, why do you upset, I'm yours right?

i just do. Sorry for bringing this stupid topic up. Kai sighed. So, i had to go to sm for dance practice, so maybe we can't see each other soon.

Lu smiled again, it's okay. I can always stop by and watch you dance. I love your dance. It always inspires me.

It’s not turning you up?

Lu blushed. You're a total ert, kai, I don't believe... In such young age... Your mouth so dirty...

Kai smirked, I just being honest. Actually, my heart thumped harder as I can't wait to see you. That's why I practice dance.

Then I'll make sure to see you first

Don't. I'll explode.

I'll gather your pieces and wait until your heart calmed down, because I felt a little sad too if you always awkward to me.

Only a little?

Well, truthfully, it's a broken heart.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you.

Don't apologize i understand.

No you don't. Kai whispered. The kind of love you offer, and the kind of love i imagine, it's in different stage. Once you said relationship can be done with love and trust. In my eyes, love is something deeper than that. It's about domination, ownership. I can't own you just like i want it to. I must share your kindness, your beauty, with my friends.

But I'm yours. That's what you should remember.

i know, but still, my selfishness can't accept the reality.

Lu eyes getting hazy, then let us make a promise. He smiled sweetly, you're the only one I'll sleep with. Will that do?

Kai gulped. Sleep, in mean, you'll be okay having with me? Like a real couple?

Lu giggled, if it possible I'll even marry you, you silly boy. Now, what is your answer?

Let’s get married.

Lu laughed. That's the spirit. Then he sighed. Be strong, will you? I really cared about you and I really love our time together even thought we're away. I don't want to lose it, just like I don't want to lose you.

It's a shame that I was being encouraged by the person I should protect. It seemed that I'm not mature enough for you.

We can do it together, being mature. Just relax, future not going anywhere it's in front of our eyes. Now, what do you see in front of you.

A picture?

I'm serious. In my future, I can see you.

And I see you too, .

Stop it, ert. Lu blushed again.

Why don't you just admit that you like it?

You won't stop talking dirty if I said I like it.

But you like it?

A little. Lu admitted it half-heartedly, don't laugh.

No, I'm not.

I can feel your smug smile.

How'd you know you can't see it.

I just do. Lu heard kris called for him. Sorry, Kai. I gotta go.

Ok, ok, just don't cling to Hun too much when you met him.

I can't help it. He's too cute.

He's not a baby he can you.

Yeah, yeah, in his dream. I'll see you in the office, ok?

Yeah, be safe.

*

As their eyes met, they can't help but laughed nervously.

Did the two of you always like this? Lay asked both of them in confuse. Can't you just, act normal, do some hugs or slaps, or something else?

They exchanging glance, and said nothing.

Seriously, what happen? Lay asked.

Nothing. They chorused.

This is weird. Lay decided to walk out from the practice room, what's the point of meeting each other just to share cold laughs and awkwardness? Better going home and sleep.

Kai and Lu exchanging gaze in silent, before Lu murmured, let's eat out.

Are you sure?

We can use disguises.

Well, let's just call delivery, I don't want to go outside right now.

Ok. Lu took a seat and made himself comfortable, you call, then.

As they ate together, Kai keep took a glace over Lu, and this make Lu nervously ask, what?

No. I just want to admire how beauty you are.

Lu smiled happily, then look as many as you want, or should I stripped my clothes one by one?

Kai choked, ugh there's a camera here, so I think it's not a good idea. Then he laughed in embarrassment.

Lu laughed too. I'm just kidding. He said.

It doesn't look like that. Kai smiled.

Why you were so far away? Lu asked kai, sit next to me, will you? He tapped an empty space beside him.

Kai who sat in front of him just shrugged, well, he got up and took a seat beside lu, I'm just being careful with you.

Lu leaned into kai, you felt uncomfortable even if we just stay close like this?

Because it felt too good. Kai stared at his food, that's why I keep restraining myself.

Lu stared at his food too. His eyes turned hazier as he felt the warmness crept upon his body. He can feel the scent of kai surrounded him.

He smiled heavenly, let's not going home tonight. He said.

Huh?

Let's spend the night together. We can walk around Han River, y know, like having a date.

But it's too risky, Kai said.

Lu sighed.

Kai immediately said, well, we may be can't go to public place, but we can go to my house. You can sleepover.

Lu face turned bright again, really?

Kai nodded, Yup. My family will happy to see you.

Do you talk about me often? What do you say to them?

I said you were pretty. Kai laughed, and my father said, i must have a crush at you. Then I told him you're my boyfriend and my sisters yelled at me when they heard that. They went crazy and start cursing.

Lu blushed, what the... You're so open to your family.

Well, I'm just a simple person, but people tend to think of me as a mysterious boy, hard to approach, while i just being myself.

Wow, and they believe I'm your boyfriend?

My mum asked me personally and i said we love each other. I think she didn't believe me but then she joked, just don't be the bottom.

Lu closed his mouth in embarrassment, your mom said that?!

Kai laughed, unbelievable she is, isn't she? She surprised me too, sometimes.

They finished eating and get ready to go.

So, I'm the bottom? Lu asked out of nowhere.

Can you imagine the otherwise? Kai chuckled.

Lu didn't say anything. Apparently he was imagining it now, judged from his now cloudy eyes.

He just sighed then. It'll be no fun.

Kai put on his backpack, let's go. He said.

Can we stop by and buy some cake? I want to bring something to your home.

*

Your family is amazing.

Lu said as he laid on his futon, it feels like I'm going home.

Kai stared at the ceiling, you heard what my mum said, you can stop by anytime for dinner or lunch.

Lu chuckled, so she accepted me as in law?

Kai smirked, maybe. He turned at Lu. Are you okay sleeping in there? Not cold?

Lu pouted, no, but it will feel better if you accompany me.

Kai blushed as he heard that, it will be hard for me, y know.

It's okay, Lu’s eyes turned blank, if you got hard I'll took care of it.

Kai’s gaze became darker, what do you know about that?

I read some references about it. Lu whispered huskily. He opened his blanket, inviting Kai to his futon.

In no time Kai was already on top of lu, please, he said breathlessly, make me stop if I was too much.

*

Lu hung up the phone, after Kris yelled at him for not going home last night. Then he tucked himself deeper into Kai chest.

It's not horrible to have with man. It felt good. It made them tied to each other, just like creating a bond between them.

What happen? Kai murmured.

Lu shivered at the husky voice. It sounded so mature and manly despite Lu soft and delicate voice.

I'm getting scared now. Lu touched Kai lips. I don't know now what’ll happen to me if i lose you. He caught Kai lips and kissed him.

Don't be scared. Kai kissed him back, after this i won't be chickened out to approach you, and to claim your attention to me. This, he grabbed Lu hand and rest it on his chest. Give me confidence, give me courage.

And you make me full, loved, and needed. Lu said as he became relaxed. They kissed and touched each other again and Lu smiled shyly afterward, you really know how to make a person in a cloud nine.

Kai smirked. That's a gift.

*

Between China and Korea

*

Kai, do you think I'm cute? One day, Lu texted Kai.

Why suddenly ask that? Kai smirked as he replied.

Be honest. Am I cute?

You’re cute, in a manly way. I mean, you had a perfect proportion. Not too handsome, not too skinny, and not too white. All in the middle and it's perfect.

Wow, that's detail.

Well, if you want detail, I can point out your sweet spots all over your body.

Stop it. You get even worse now. Your ert mind has no cure.

You're my only cure. Btw, I miss you.

I miss you too.

So, why cute? Why not asking if you’re pretty or handsome?

Well, I just saw some programs we're in. Why people tend to shoot me when I acted cute

You were good at acting cute.

Well, guy at my age, there must be different atmosphere out from that.

Kind of. Kai shrugged. So this is bugging you now?

Yeah, am I looked that gay?

No you just cute. Cuddly and cute. Who said you gay?

Chief.

Huh?

He said I was too attached to you. He afraid it might be a scandal.

But you were paired with Hun.

That's why, he said I don't have to be so nervous around you. I don't have to see you with longing in my eyes.

Kai smiled softly. Do you see me like that?

Can't help it. I don't know if I see you like that all this time. Lu sighed. What should I do? I said to chief it's coincidence only.

He won't buy it. Kai said. If he can't push you then he'll find a way to make it harder for us.

But why? We didn't do any wrong. The closest thing we did in public was standing next to each other.

People have their own imagination for that. Maybe you should not to think of it that way. Just relax and do nothing. Just be yourself, we'll be okay.

I'm afraid

Don't be afraid. The fact is, it's impossible for us to be together, that's what people think. So let them think like that.

Why it's impossible?

Because we're too fit to each other, people always jealous with perfection.

Lu finally smiled. I like how you describe our relationship. Perfection, that's my favorite word.

That's how I imagine you. Perfection.

*

Seoul

*

I saw you on tv lately. Lu texted kai in EXO M car. You look...

Tell me. Kai smiled as he saw unfinished text. What do I look like?

Tired.

Kai replied, I wish you'd write hot.

No, you were tired and exhausted. All of you.

We love this job, we were aware of the risk.

How if we go to the spa?

I don't have time for that.

Lu pouted. I'm so mad at you right now.

I blow you a kiss, so please don't get mad anymore.

Sorry, i only accept a real kiss

Then who sat beside you. I had to ask him to kiss you for me.

Lu turned at Xiumin and smiled and suddenly kissed his chubby cheek.

What the?! Xiumin yelled.

Lu just laughed and texted kai again. Done. I kiss Min, you were forgiven.

Thank God it's not Kris.

Lu laughed, and Xiumin still nag at him.

I love you. Please don't get sick. Lu texted Kai again. You'll make me cry for not be able to take care of you

No, I won't. Love you with all my might, Lu. Can't wait to see you.

Me too. Lu sighed. He kept his phone in the pocket, before he turned at Min to say his apology.

*

But Kai just got sick again.

As Lu came to visit EXO K dorm, he was hurting all over to see Kai was being treated by Dio. He wondered why he can't cook porridge, why he can't feed Kai, why he only sat in front of TV with Hun, far away from Kai.

His eyes became teary, so he closed his eyes and leaned into Hun shoulder.

Sleepy? Hun whispered. Lu nodded, while he just preferred not to see Kai or Dio or both of them together because it's really hurt.

He wanted to reach kai, he wanted to touch Kai, he wanted to hug Kai and just be with him all day. He wanted to stay until Kai getting better, but all he can do now is staying in other man's arm, closing his eyes so the tears won't come out.

You want to lie in bed? Hun asked, you can use dio bed, hyung.

Why not yours? Yeol teased Hun.

Hun grumbled with reddened face, Yeol my bed is one mess.

Then why my bed? Dio chuckled outta nowhere.

Yours the cleanest. Hun said before he asked lu to get up, c'mon hyung.

When he realized, he was inside Kai and Dio bedroom. His eyes stared at the interior for a while, before his tears falling down.

He reached Kai bed and grabbed the fabric. It smelled Kai all over. His jealousy over Dio got worse now. So lucky, Dio can see Kai every time while he can only imagine how was it like to live in the same room with Kai.

He slipped into the blanket, covering all his body and sobbing silently.

He missed Kai so much.

He was asleep when Kai went back. Kai just stared at Lu with a worry gaze.

Is he really sleepy? Kai asked Dio, he used my bed.

Dio tapped kai shoulder. Let him be, Kai. You can sleep on mine. Then dio walked out. Don't forget your meds.

Kai nodded and closed the door behind. He sat on his bed, staring at Lu’s teary face.

He can’t help but smiled as he finally had some time alone with Lu. Because it was so hard to see the person you love, and you're not being able to have any interaction.

Hey. Kai whispered on Lu ear. Do you miss me?

Lu opened his eyes. As he saw Kai smiled gently at him, his eyes got teary again.

Yes. He said breathlessly. Yes. I miss you. He sobbed. I miss you so much.

Lu sat up and hugged Kai tightly.

Kai caressed his back, there, there, don't cry, Lu…

I told you. Lu sobbed even more. I'll cry if you hurt yourself.

I'm okay so stop crying. Kai closed his eyes, I'm okay now.

They sat next to each other, cuddling in Kai bed.

I know it's ridiculous but I can't stop being jealous at Dio. Lu murmured.

Well, Kai smiled, I can’t lie. It feels great for me that you were thinking of me while you're with Hun.

Lu realized, I'm sorry, I... He felt embarrassed, Kai made him realized how to feel jealous.

Kai kissed his forehead, what are you talking about?

I know your feeling. I know this is what you feel when I'm hanging around Hun.

Well, that's didn't matter. I’m so happy you came here, you cried for me, you sleep on my bed, and you gave me chance to spend a private time with you. What you did with Hun, I don’t see it.

Lu sighed. I wonder, why love became so demanding between us? Lu stared at Kai. I never taste this kind of love before.

Neither did I.

They just stared at each other. In a moment, they were lost in thought, before Kai leaned in and caught Lu’s plump lips.

God. Kai murmured huskily. Can I give you my cold?

Lu smiled shyly, try me.

*

Thailand

*

So much time to spend together, Kai thought as he knocked Lu bedroom. He knew Lu was in the same room with Lay and Lay never bothers about their relationship. Well, Lay never bothers anyone's life. Only Kris's.

You came. Lu opened the door slightly with only his cute mouth can be seen.

Yeah, it's me. May I come in? Kai asked politely. He thought Lu want to play, so he was in the game now.

Sorry, the plump lips murmured again, Sehun was here. He got snarky about something Lay and me want to find out now.

Who's there, hyung?! Tell him to piss off! Kai can hear Sehun grunted from inside. He can't help but sighed.

Sorry. The cutie mouth and now a half face of Lu smiled apologetically to Kai. I'll text you what happen, ok? Don't be mad at me or I'll cry.

Kai can't help but chuckled. True, he get a little annoyed now, because in their relationship, Sehun always came first. But he can't stand seeing Lu cried so he leaned in and kiss anything he could from the part of face.

Lu opened the door a little wider so they can have a quick kiss on the lips.

See you later. Kai brushed Lu lips with his thumb.

Lu blushed. He just nodded shyly and closed the door.

Kai stared at the door for a moment, held the feeling to break and entering and just kick everyone out so he can snog with Lu.

He gulped.

This day is gonna be hard for him.

*

What's the matter with you? You're weird today. Lu asked Kai when they sat next to each other in the changing room.

Kai averted his gaze towards other members. Even they felt uneasy with him today.

I thought no one cared. Kai murmured.

We cared. Baekki grunted as he passed by, because both of you always made people hysteric just because a simple touch.

Sorry. Kai said sorry in a mocking tone. We just try to be friendlier.

Lu stared at kai, then baekki.

A friend doesn't try to grind himself to his friend's tight. Baekki sneered, as he walked at suho direction and just rest beside him.

There was only silent in between them for just a moment.

I'm sorry. Kai murmured. Lately, it's getting hard to ignore you.

Lu smiled lightly, I know. Me too.

Do you hate it?

No, I'm happy. Actually, I hope we can always be so close like that.

But we'll be in trouble if we keep sighted together.

That's the problem too. Lu chuckled. So what do you think?

I don't know. I'll die if I had to ignore you like before.

Don't ignore me. Lu touched Kai fingers.

Why don't you both just find a room somewhere else so we won't see you? Kris passed by and grumbled lowly.

Don't say that, we're not snogging in public. Lu furrowed his eyebrows.

Just get out my sight. Kris sighed.

Relax, hyung. Kai entwined his fingers with lu. We don't bother you when you were molesting Suho-hyung. In public.

You...!

Sehun suddenly appeared after took a pee with Dio. Luhan hyung, kai were holding your hand.

Yeah, I can see that, Sehun. Lu smiled. He tapped the empty seat beside him while Dio just staring at Kris who ready to explode.

What's the matter, hyung?

Kris sighed again. Nothing. He then walked to suho and baekki, apparently exploding to them.

What's his problem? Dio asked kai.

I dunno. Have you been eaten? Kai asked dio, and he chuckled as he felt Luhan’s fingers grabbed his too tight. So he changed the question. Do you know when we can get dinner?

Dio smirked. Only food in your head. But then he was searching for manager, apparently he wanted to ask the same question too.

Kai stared at Lu who chatting with sehun. He kept staring at lu neck, wondering how he can taste it without being caught by anyone else.

Lu?

He leaned closer and whispered to Lu. It made Lu blushed and hit his lap gently.

What? What did he say? Sehun asked.

Mature content. Kai said to Sehun.

We're at the same age, kkamjong. We're both underage.

I don't feel like that.

You should.

Enough, you two. Lu laughed, before Lay appeared in front of them.

Who asked for food before? I had snack.

Me. Kai replied flatly.

Can I have some too? Lu did aegyo in front of lay.

Sehun join him aegyo in front of Lay.

Lay stared at Kai. You don't aegyo me? He asked. And why did Lu and you holding hands?

Kai and Lu exchanging gaze. Kai released Lu hand and Lu just smiled sadly at him.

What do you bring? Sehun asked Lay.

I have some tuna sandwich. He took out a big lunch box.

When did you make it? Lu received his sandwich in confusion.

This morning.

Smells weird. Who ate tuna sandwich nowadays? Sehun smelled it first before took a bite. Kai gave Lay a thanks and stared at his sandwich.

Kris ate it. Lu bit it happily. And it taste good.

You're right. Kai took a big bite, so, why do you made sandwiches for kris?

Lay just shrugged, before he walked away, offering the rest of sandwich to dio and chanyeol and chen who chatted together.

He's weird. Sehun said about lay. But this is great. Can you make it, luhan hyung?

No, I'm not good at cooking.

Yeah, I remember your instant ramen. Too salty but we're both hungry so we just close our eyes and ate it. He laughed as he reminded their past time.

That's the last time I cook. Lu said.

Why? Kai asked.

Lu turned at Kai. Because I'm only capable of making poison.

Kai smirked. I'll tell you the right way to do it, so, cook for me later.

Lu blushed.

He's right. Sehun pointed at Kai, he helped Dio cook sometimes and when we just left at home, he cooked some simple dishes for our lunch. Just, he hated cleaning up so we had agreement. He cooked and I'll clean it up.

Both of you took care of each other pretty good. I'm so jealous. He glanced at Kai when saying that.

Still you're my favorite, hyung. I love you. Sehun smiled shyly at Lu.

Thank you, sehun-ah. Lu smiled happily at Sehun.

Kai saw both of them and he felt hurt. He will never be able to share his love like Lu. So he went to rest room, as he saw Lay was cleaning his face in front of basin.

That's too soon. We still have schedule today.

My face just felt itchy. Lay said as he massaged his face with the cleaning foam. After cooling down, I'll use make up again. He whispered.

His voice kinda heavy.

Kai didn't want to bother so he just washed hands and said, well, that's such a delicious sandwich. Thanks.

From the big mirror, he saw lay just froze. Then Kai realized his eyes were red and teary.

Are you okay?

Lay snapped and he immediately rinsed the foam from his skin. I'm okay. He said.

Kai didn't want to ask more. He said his farewell awkwardly and walked out the bathroom. Outside he found Lu and Sehun again so he went to chat with Dio, Chanyeol and Chen.

Do you eat lay's sandwich too?

Why? Chanyeol asked. I ate two. Is it poisonous?

No, it tasted good. Dio pinched Chanyeol lap. Yeah we all ate it. Why?

No. Kai shook his head. Did you see lay offered the sandwich to Kris?

Chen said, ah, I asked him if it’s okay for us to eat Kris's sandwich because we usually got smoke beef, but now after I taste it, I think tuna tasted good too.

Dio nodded in agreement.

So, Chanyeol said to Kai, why you suddenly ask us this?

No, I just wonder if there's something left.

You really are hungry, aren't you? I asked manager and he said we had to wait for our van before we can go to restaurant. Dio said.

Kai didn't answer. He just smiled and rested his head on Chen shoulder. He looked at xiumin who sleep on the sofa along with Tao who played with his hair strands. He saw Luhan still with sehun before Lay came in and sat beside Lu, joined their talk. Then he can see Kris still complaining at confused Suho, with Baekki who just laid his head on Suho laps.

Kai sighed.

*

What's the matter?

Lu asked Kai that night, as they curled together in Kai's bed.

No, just, have you ever seen Lay cried?

Not really. He's very good at hiding tears. Why?

I think he had crush on Kris.

Don't be kidding. That'll be impossible.

I know. That's why he cried about it. I mean, can you realize? He always talked about Kris. He cooked those sandwiches for kris. He knew he only can get close just by doing something like that.

But Kris cared about him. They're best friend since training.

That’s make Lay feared. Do you think what will Kris done to their friendship if he knew lay in love with him?

Well, he will get disgusted. Lu shivered in fear. I don't want to imagine what'll happen.

That's why, seeing him make me felt a little at ease about us. I mean, we can't practically together but we’re still in love with each other.

Lu stared at Kai, You really know how to make this relationship feel so special for us.

It is special. Kai kissed Lu forehead. Because it's you and me. I don't want to imagine living like this with another person, especially another man.

Me too. Lu kissed Kai jaw. I'm so glad you love me.

And I'm lucky you want to accept me as your lover.

Can we still be like this in the future?

I hope so.

*

tbc

*