Chapter 54: After the game

because of a bet

 

Taemin looked for Mina all around the campus he tried calling her but she won't answer luckily she bumped into Yuri.
 
 
"Hey, have you seen Mina?", he ased her.
 
"No, I'm also looking for her. She left this", Yuri said showing Taemin Mina's phone. "Have you tried the botanical garden? She's not in the library, I've looked".
 
"I'll go there there now", Taemin said.
 
"Ok, give this to her then", Yuri gave the phone to Taemin. He ran to the garden and got there in just a minute. He heard Mina laughing, it feels good hearing her voice again he heard another voice she's with Dongho! Taemin stood there for a couple of minutes just watching them, looking at Mina's smiling face. After a while he traced back his footsteps and he saw Yuri again.
 
"Hey did you see her?", Yuri asked.
 
"Uhm... yes she's with Dongho. Just give this back to her". Taemin gav back Mina's phone. Yuri just stared at Taemin's retreating back.
 
"Hey Taemin, wait!", Yuri shouted after Taemin but he already left. "You fool, if only you looked at her phone", Yuri said t herself. Mina's wallpaper was a picture of her and Taemin at the ice cream parlor. She went to the garden and found Mina with Dongho.
 
"Hey Yuri", Dongho greeted her.
 
"Hey", Yuri said. "Uhm, Mina didn't you see anyone here earlier?'.
 
"No, why? Is someone looking for me?", Mina asked.
 
"Yes, he left already", Yuri said. Mina knew right away that she's referring to Taemin. "Here, you left this".
 
"What did he say?", Mina asked as she got her phone.
 
"Nothing, he left when he saw both of you", Mina's face fel.
 
"Hey don't worry, I'll talk to Taemin", Dongho said.
 
"No, it's okay Dongho", Mina said smiling at Dongho. "I'll go home now".
 
"You want me to send you home?', Dongho asked.
 
"No, don't worry I'm fine", she said goodbye to both of them.
 
"You okay?', Yuri asked Dongho when Mina left them.
 
"Yes I am now. Thanks for asking Yuri", Dongho smiled at her.
 
"You really loved her", Yuri said sitting on the bench that Mina vacated.
 
"Yes, I really did. Well I did the best I can so I don't really feel bad in losing her. I have no regrets. There's nothing more I could do".
-------------------------------------
 
Finals came and everyone gathered at the gym for the last basketball game. Mina was with Yuri watching at the sideline. Jonghyun, Onew and Key were near the bench. The game started and the team displayed great unity. Their defense is excellent and nothing could go wrong. After the first quarter their team had was up for 7 points with Minho scoring the most, Taemin had the most assists and rebound and Dongho had the most steals.
 
When second quarter started the game started to get really physical more fouls were given and heated words were exchanged. Taemin is on the free-throw line for the third time now, each shot was good giving them more lead.
 
Donho just made a dunk with an assist from Taemin. It's a good thing they played well with each other setting personal things aside for the game. After the second quarter the team was still in the lead for 9 points.
 
Halftime seemed like just seconds and the whistle was again blown for the the 3rd quater to start. Not even a minute on the floor and Minho nailed a three point shot his fifth now. The game was really on their side. Taemin sets up the play for them most of the time he knows when someone was of the clear shot and passes the ball at the right time. The other team noticed this and guarded Taemin the most. He was mostly fouled and most of it he fell on the floor. Mina can't help getting nervous each time Taemin falls.
 
Three minutes before the end of 3rd quarter Taemin got fouled in mid-air when making a jump shot. He fell hard on the floor. The referee called it a flagrant foul. Taemin was still on the floor not getting up. Onew and Key had to control Jonghyun before he gets up and beat up the player who fouled Taemin.
 
Mina waited, praying that Taemin is alright.
 
After a couple of minutes he got up with the help of Minho and Dongho. They could only watch as he was being treated at the bench. The coach had to replace Taemin. Game resumed an the other tea caught up with them without Taemin. 4th quarter started but still Taemin did not play. They were only up tp 5 points now and the other team just made a three-point shot bringing it down to 2 points. 
 
Five minutes before the game ends the other team got their first lead, now they're down to 3 points. Dongho got fouled but he only made one out of the two shots given. They saw Taemin getting up and warmed up, last two minutes was called and their team called for a full time out when game resumed Taemin was back in action.
 
The crowd cheered along with Mina, Yuri, Key, Onew and Jonghyun. They struggled to get possession, finally Minho scored and they were tied. Mina and Yuri held hands now, both praying they'd win. Dongho made a three-point shot and they're up to 3 points but the other team scored as well tying the score again. It's their last possession and Taemin had the ball 12 seconds left to go before the game ends, Taemin made a run for it he was at the free-throw line with 5 seconds to go he made an attempt to shoot and fooled everyone when he passed the ball to Dongho who was very much open since the one guarding him went to Taemin for a double team. 
 
The court errupted with cheers whent the ball got into the basket giving them the victory. Dongho became the best player. Taemin cheered like everyone else but he doesn't need a trophy he only wants to hold one person. He searched for her in the crowd instead he found Ji Eun smiling at him.
 
"You won, congratulations!", she shouted so he could hear him.
 
"Thanks, Key hyung prepared a party for everyone", said Taemin.
 
"I know, I'll try to go", Ji En said she gave him a hug and left.
 
Someone patted him on the shoulders and when he turned around he say Key. "Hey, I know who you're looking for", he said and pulled Taemin away from the crowd leading him to Mina. She was with Yuri who pushed her forward when Taemin came.
 
"Hey", Mina said to Taemin.
 
'Hey", Taemin said as well.
 
"HEY!?!?!", Key yelled. "Is that all you're gonna say? Aren't you gonna say - " Yuri cut him off and covered his mouth.
 
"We'll see you at the party", Yuri said as she pulled Key away from them. Taemin just nodded.
 
"So...uhmmm congratulations...", Mina said as Taemin came closer wanting to hold her hand. "How's your leg?"
 
"It's okay", Taemin said smiling. "I'd feel much better though if you'd let me hug you". Mina's face turned instant pink when Taemin said this. He did not wait for Mina's answer and just pulled her for a much awaited embrace. "I miss you so much". Mina buried her face on Taemin's chest while his strong arms wrapped around her tightly. He buried his face in the crook of her neck, she found her hands around Taemin's back. He lifter her face so he could see her, he leaned down and stopped short when Mina spoke.
 
"Taemin...they're watching", Mina said fully aware of others enjoying their display  of affection.
 
He pressed one finger against her lips. "Nothing matters but you. Don't mind them". Taemin then covered her lips with his he pulled her closer fitting her soft body against his. He gently parted her lips kissing her more boldly than before. Mina's knees grew weak and she clung onto Taemin for support.
 
'I love you", said Taemin breaking the kiss.
 
"I love you more", said Mina.
 
"That's not possible", Taemin said with a laugh.
 
1 month later....
 
(to be continued...)
 
_______________________________________________
 
last chapter coming up! i can't believe i'd be ending the story... hmm.. let me try to finish reading naruto first and if my eyes can still take it i'll do the last chapter huhuhu :( 
 
would you still want me to continue this or just stop here? lol... the story actually kinda ends here but just to satisfy the title... "THE BET" they made... ^_____^
 
what do you think?