Chapter 53: Everything would be Okay

because of a bet

 


 
Days passed, Ji Eun and Mina did not talked. They're in the same class but they're like worlds apart. Ji Eun is afraid of Mina. She's never been afraid of anyone else. She knows Mina loves Taemin but she can't accept the fact that he's no longer hers or it might be that he never was hers to keep. 
 
After the incident Ji Eun did not talk to Taemin as well. Taemin wanted to go to Mina but Yuri told him to give it time since Mina doesn't want to talk to him yet. They needed time for themselves. So he kept his distance, Mina acts like nothing happened she hangs out with Yuri and talks to Dongho sometimes whenever they see each other but never to Taemin or to anyone close to him. Mina does not even say anything when Yuri tries to talk to her about Taemin. 
 
"You heard what happened?" Mina was at the library, returning some books. Yuri was looking for a book to borrow so she waited for her, she couldn't help hearing the conversation from two students sitting not that far from her.
 
The other girl shook her head so her friend continued. "Taemin collapsed earlier on their second period. He came back today after being absent for two days. I heard he was sick but wanted to go back to school since it's gonna be our exams in less than two weeks and they still have a game for the finals".
 
"What happened to him?", Mina can't help but ask them.
 
"We don't know what really happened, they rushed him to the clinic when he fainted. I guess he's still there now", the girl answered. Mina went to the clinic without even telling Yuri, she ran as fast as she can. The nurse was out when she reached the clinic but Taemin was not alone. He was sleeping and beside his bed was Ji Eun. They were holding hands. Ji Eun turned towards Mina, she looked into Mina's worried face.
 
"He's okay now", Ji Eun said answering the unasked question on Mina's head. Mina just noded. "He'll be okay don't worry. He always takes care of me even when we were young. It's time I take care of him. You know I love him, right? I need him Mina, please don't take him away from me". Mina didn't say anything so Ji Eun went on talking. "His mom said this had happened before when I left for Japan he stopped eating for a few days. He won't even talk to anyone. He'll come around, and when he does it would be me waiting for him".
 
The nurse came back. "Sorry but only one visitor at a time", she said to them both. Ji Eun did not move so Mina went out after one look at Taemin's pale face.
 
Ji Eun knows that she's being selfish but she wanted to have Taemin for herself even just for a few hours. She wanted to take care of him. She wanted to stay with him 'cause she knows that when he wakes up he's going to look for Mina. When he wakes up it's not going to be her name he'll ask for...
 
Three days after...
 
Taemin was back to normal, well everyone thinks he's back to normal. But those who knew him can tell so much had changed, but at least he's eating again.
 
"What about the rice cakes? Taemin said it's the only thing he can eat before when he was so sad", Key asked Minho.
 
"That didn't work anymore. Even the rice cakes didn't help", Minho answered. 
 
"Is he not eating well again?", Yuri asked seeing the worried look on Key's face. It's after basketball practice and they are here sitting at the bench waiting for Taemin to get out.
 
"He's eating already. I told him the team needs him. It's gonna be our championship game a few days from now", Minho said. "I told him his mom is worried, I lied about seeing his mom cry and that pulled him off".
 
"Maybe he'll eat rice cakes, I'll make them. Maybe he'll eat what I'll make", Key said looking eager to start cooking.
 
"I'll help you Key", Yuri said and they planned what they'll cook for Taemin.
 
The following day at lunch time they presented what they prepared for Taemin.
 
"Hyung you did all this?", Taemin asked amazed at what Key did for him.
 
"Yes, so eat all of it", Key said proudly, Yuri nudged him. "And Yuri helped as well".
 
"Thanks hyung and you too Yuri", Taemin said smiling. "Let's eat". All of them sat around the table it's just like old times without Mina this time. Ji Eun was nowhere to be seen as well.
 
They were opening all the luch boxes. "Wait, I forgot something..." Yuri began checking each lunch box. "Aish! Why do they hae the same color and design!"
 
"Wait, what's wrong?', Key asked.
 
"Mina left her lunch box earlier and I got it mixed up with our lunch boxes", Yuri answered. Taemin is already eating, looks like his appetite is back. "Wait! Mina's lunch box has her name on the bottom!" They checked each of the luch boxes but none of them had Mina's name which leaves the one Taemin has and he's already finished everything, oblivious to what was happening.
 
"Hyung I never appreciated your dishes as much as I do now. Thanks a lot hyung", Taemin said.
 
"You're always welcome Taemin", Key said smiling and giving Jonghyun a warning when he's about to say that what Taemin ate was not made by Key.
 
"We have to get going guys, coach wants to meet us after lunch since he won't be with us later at practice", Minho said getting up. "We'll see you guys later".
 
Both him and Taemin left.
 
"Well that was entertaining", Onew said.
 
"Entertaining?", Key and Yuri asked at the same time.
 
"Yup, it was fun to watch Minho and Jonghyun's faces frown as they ate the food you made while Taemin kept on eating with a satisfied smile on his face", Onew answered with a chuckle.
 
"Was it really that bad?", Key asked Jonghyun.
 
"Well not really, but the other dishes were not for human consumption", Jonghyun answered.
 
"What do you mean?", Key asked still. 
 
"This one", Jonghyun said pointing at one lunch box. "And this one as well". He pointed at the dishes that Yuri made.
 
"Yuri made those", Key said before Yuri can stop him.
 
"No wonder", Jonghyun said.
 
"Yah! What did you say?", Yuri said.
 
"I know you heard them. Are you trying to help Taemin or kill him? Good thing he didn't eat what you cooked".
 
"Stop it guys", Key said but still they argued then Yuri's phone rang. She only listened to the one who's calling then she said goodbye to them except to Jonhyun.
 
--------------------------
 
 
 
Taemin was alone in his classroom when Ji Eun came in. She smiled when he noticed her. "Hey", Taemin said.
 
"Hey, are you going home?', she asked and came closer.
 
"Yes, just fixing some things', Taemin said.
 
"It's gonna be your final game tomorrow", Ji Eun said.
 
"Yes, you'd be there cheering".
 
"Of course", Ji Eun said with a smile as she picked up Taemin's pen and handed it to him.
 
They looked into each others eyes and for that moment it seemed like they forgave each other. No words are needed. They'd come so far and lost each other. Ji Eun knows she has to let go of Taemin before everything gets worse, while she can still hold onto their friendship.
 
She's so scared to let him go 'cause she knows this time he won't come after her, he won't wait for her and he won't ask her to stay or come back. He found someone to give his heart to. She really came back too late.
 
If she came back 7 days earlier or a month earlier maybe she'd still have Taemin now. Who knows what would have happened?
 
"Hey what's wrong?", Taemin asked reaching for Ji Eun's hand.
 
"Nothing", Ji Eun said holding back her tears. "I'm just happy you're okay now".
 
Taemin hugged her. "Thank you".
 
"Promise me you'll never forget me", Ji Eun said. 'Cause if Taemin would forget her she wouldn't have the courage to let him go.
 
"How could I? You're a part of my life Ji Eun. One of the most wonderful person in my life", Taemin said.
 
Ji Eun pulled back letting Taemin go. She smiled for him.
 
"Go now, go get her. She's only waiting for you".
 
Taemin squeezed her hand one last time. "Bye". And he went on without her. They say  always have hope for the guy who turns around just one last time but when Taemin said goodbye he never lookd back, not even a glance.
 
 
__________________________________________________________________________________
 
Very sorry for the long wait guys... i lost my mind for a bit.. ^__________________^
 
thanks for ur support as always!
 
UR COMMENTS BRIGHTEN MY DAY! ♥
 
so please do comment... thanks for subscribing! ♥