Chapter One

Composing Something Beautiful

It was about two weeks before school started back up. I was going to be a junior in college at Columbia University in New York. I was all ready to go back to school and settle back in my dorm with my amazing roommate. I had been lucky. Some of my friends hated their roommates, but I loved mine. Natalie and I got along great from the start and we hadn’t looked back since.

“Don’t forget to pack a hair dryer. Mine broke and I don’t have tme to replace it yet.” I rolled my eyes,

“Yes. I know. I will.”

“Good. I don’t know what I would do without you.” She crooned. I groaned,

“Ugh. Shut up. You’re too cheesy for this early in the morning.”

“It’s late here.”

“Well jolly for you.” She snorted and I shook my head. While we were talking I was surfing the internet. I was checking one of my favorite kpop sites for anything new, when I saw a shocking article.

“ Nat... Oh my gosh…”

“What?! Ivy?! What!?”

“You. Are not. Going to believe this…”

“Ugh! Tell me!!! Please!!!”

“Okay, maybe you won’t care, but it’s about to change my life forever. You know UKISS…? That KPOP group I love…?”

“Yeah…”

“One of their members, A.J., is going to be coming to Columbia this year… He’s going to be going to school with us…”

“Really? That’s cool!”

“Cool!? No, that’s freaking AWESOME!!! OH MY GOSH!!!!” Natalie laughed across the line while I spazzed around in my room. “Oh my gosh. This is crazy. What if I meet him? What if we have classes together. Oh my gosh, we might! I’m studying music! So is he! OH MY GOSH!!! Natalie!!! I’m gonna die!!!!”

“Woah, girl! Chill.”

“Don’t tell me to chill! This is a big deal. My whole life hangs in the balance. This is every fangirls dream! You just can’t understand the entirety of this situation since you don’t like kpop all that much! But this is huge! My poor fangirl heart! I can’t take it!” I fell back on my bed and she laughed at me,

“You just fell dramatically didn’t you?”

“…maybe…”

“That’s what I thought.” I sighed.

“I’m gonna go. I have to go do something to distract me from my spazzing. This is seriously crazy. I just don’t know what to do.”

“Ha! Okay… just don’t spazz too much.”

“As if.” I scoffed. She laughed and we ended up hanging up a few minutes later. I tossed my phone to the other side of the bed and stared up at the ceiling.

What’s going to happen to me?

 

 ~~~

 

 It was time for school and I was trying to remain calm. Key word: trying. My exterior seemed calm enough but inside I was absolutely bubbling with fangirl potential. Natalie saw through me immediately when she saw me,

“Ivy! Have you seen him yet!?”

“No!” I scowled and shot her a look. She laughed and slapped my arm.

“Lighten up. Everything will go great. This is gonna be a great year; I can feel it.” I smiled at her,

“I hope you’re right.” She slung her arm around me and we traipsed off to our dorm to finish unpacking.

 

 

We were in our room and I was checking my twitter for any new updates. Eh?! AJ tweeted? Omo! He’s here! He’s here! He’s here!

“Natalie!” I started flailing and she looked over at me,

“Hmm?”

“Look! Look! He’s here! There’s a picture! Omo, I wonder if he just took it!!! GAH!” I flopped over onto my back as she came over to peer at my computer. She laughed,

“Hmm… The amount of sun looks right… Hey, and that’s not too far from here…” She trailed off and seemed to be thinking deeply. Suddenly she shut my computer and grabbed my hand, “Come on!”

“What?”

“We’re going for a walk.” She grinned at me suspiciously. Oh no. I have a really bad feeling about this…

 

Five minutes later we were running out the door and across campus. The summer sun beat down on us, but we were to preocccupied to care. Finally we came to the very place depicted in the picture. He wasn’t there… I pouted and so did Natalie.

“Darn it.” She stomped her foot and turned. “Oh! Wait! Ivy. Isn’t that him?” I turned slowly. My eyes widened and I was on the verge of hyperventilating.

“Natalie. Please tell me this is real. I’m going to cry if I’m simply dreaming all of this.” She reached over and pinched my arm; hard. “Ow!”

“You’re not dreaming.” She turned away from me and back towards him. “Hmmm. I’m gonna go talk to him.”

“What!? No!!! nononono!!! Please!!!!” She laughed,

“What? Why not? I’m just gonna talk to him like anyone else. It’s not like I’m a fan or anything. I wouldn’t think he was anything special if it wasn’t for you.” I slumped down on a bench and held my head in my hands.

“Just please don’t say anything stupid.”

“Aw. You’re not coming with me?”

“I most certainly am not!” I looked up at her in apall. She laughed,

“Fine, fine. I’ll see you in a bit.” She smiled and waved, turning to walk in his direction. I stared after her with wide eyes.

Oh how I envy her outgoingness.

 

She finally reached him and sat down on a bench beside him. He looked up and they spoke. They seemed to be having a decent conversation. They were talking and laughing and I was growing extremely jealous. As fun as this is to watch my best friend talking to my favorite person in kpop, I think I’m gonna go or else I’m never going to be able to look at her again. I sighed and stood up. I looked back over at them and Natalie saw me stand up.

“Ivy!” She called, waving. I froze and just stared at her. Then I stared at the man next to her. When she called my name, AJ had looked up to see who she was talking to. He was looking at me. “Ivy! Come here!” My eyes widened and I took a step back. She smiled at me encouragingly and AJ watched me with an innocent sort of curiousity. I just turned and ran for it. Sure, I probably looked crazy, but I just can’t.

 

~~~

 

“Ivy.” Slam. “I can’t believe you just ran like that.” Natalie said as she came in the door. I sighed and just hid my head in my blanket.

“I know! I’m currently regretting it.” She sighed and sat down beside me,

“Well, you’re lucky. I was able to play it off as an immense shyness. He suspects no fangirl tendencies.”

“Oh geez. Thanks.”

“Anytime dear.” I laid back and sighed. “Oh. I also invited him to eat luch with us.” I bolted upright and stared at her.

“You didn’t.”

“I did”

“No.”

“Yes.” I just stared at her and she stared back. Finally I had to blink and look away, “Yes! I win!”

“Shut up.” I rubbed my eyes. “I really better be dreaming.”

“I though that we already established that you weren’t.”

“But what if I dremt that?” She reached out and I flinched, putting up a hand to block her, “No. Please!”

“I thought you said you were dreaming?”

“It’s not worth the risk. Your pinches are brutal.” I rubbed the place where she had pinched me last and she laughed.

“Alright. Well, get to sleep. We have a long and exciting day tomarrow.” She winked at me and turned out the lights before crawling into her own bed. I groaned and rolled over.

This girl is going to be the death of me.

 

 

The next morning I sat up and streatched. Natalie was already up and making coffee. I smiled and got out of bed,

“Nat. I had the weirdest dream last night. I dremt that you talked to AJ and he was going to eat lunch with us and I ran away and-”

“Ivy. How many times do I have to tell you? That wasn’t a dream.”

 

 

 


Hi!~ I finally have the first chapter up! I'll try to update soon, but I'm currently doing some major adjustments to what I have already written for this story so I want to make sure I have it the way I want it before I put the next bit up. :)

It'll be soon though! XD

Thanks for reading!

Please comment and subscribe!~ XD