two.

You are my P-E-T.

 

You tossed and turned a couple of times before letting out a sigh as you reached for your iPhone that was ringing loudly. You cracked one of your eyes open slightly to look at the ID, only to see your best friend's pitiful face on your screen. You rejected his call before dropping your phone beside you - you have absolutely no energy to listen to Luhan (who, you were quite, would probably complain and moan about how his head hurts and how you should come over). You were about to go back to sleep when you heard a small (dog-like) whimper coming from the living room.

"Stupid dog." You muttered as you drifted off to sleep. A second later, your eyes shot open. You did not have a dog! Your first reaction was to reach for the thickest file of reports that you had stacked under your bed when you realized what had happened last night. "It's just that boy... That boy!" You pushed away your duvet, nearly stumbling down to the floor in the process. "Is he alright?" You hurriedly headed towards the door when you heard another whimper, this time it was louder.

You opened your door and walked to the living room; the boy was curled up and coccooned in the blanket. You slowly walked towards him and sat on the floor; that was when you realized that you can clearly see his face. Your breath hitched slightly; the boy was absolutely gorgeous (except for the dirty shades on his face) and you absolutely have never seen anyone that was really gorgeous but at the same time looks exceptionally serene and angelic. When he let out another whimper, the corner of your lips tugged upwards and you slowly (and lightly) caressed the top of his head. His hair felt as smooth as it had looked like. You continued rubbing his head for a few minutes and when you were about to lift your hand from his head, a hand grasp yours and you gasped when you saw that the boy had woken up and was staring sleepily at you. (At that moment, you swore you had never seen anyone that was as y as he was!)

...

"Eat slowly, please." You muttered as you stared at Baekhyun devouring his food like there was no tomorrow. "You're going to choke." You reprimanded him. Baekhyun lifted his face from the plate to give you a huge smile before bending over the plate, munching quickly on his food. You shook your head but smiled at his antic. Upon waking up earlier, the moment the two of you had (albeit briefly) were cut short when his stomach growled really loudly. Being the nice person that you were, you decided to make him breakfast and as you were preparing the breakfast, you had asked him a couple of questions.

“It’s really good!” Baekhyun exclaimed and you smiled. One thing that you had noticed about Baekhyun is that he was really honest with whatever he was thinking.

“So, do you know how you ended up outside my apartment?” You asked him and he frowned as he shook his head. “What was the last thing that you remember?” You questioned and Baekhyun pondered for a bit before answering your question.

“I was walking home from… I don’t remember… and something happened.” He said in a rather confused manner and you nodded your head slowly. “I don’t remember a lot of things.” Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows in distaste. Why couldn’t he remember anything that happened recently?

“Okay, well, after this you can go ahead and use the shower. I’ve placed a fresh set of clothes for you – don’t worry, it’s washed and my friend has yet to pick it up so you can wear them. Once you have done with showering, I’ll bring you to the hospital.” You stated and Baekhyun’s eyes widened as he feverishly shook his head.

“No!” He protested and you frowned.

“Why not? I think you have amnesia; you don’t seem to remember anything recently.” You told him and Baekhyun shook his head a couple of times.

“Please; I’ll do anything – I don’t need to go to the hospital!” Baekhyun pleaded ,giving you the best puppy dog eyes he could muster. You could feel your resolve crumbling but you cleared your throat when you realized something.

“People might be looking for you; it’s best for you to go home.” You stated. “I cannot afford to have another person staying in my apartment. The land lady is not very nice.” You told him and Baekhyun shook his head, giving you a pleading look.

“Please; just let me stay here… I don’t have anywhere else to go.” He muttered. “I’ll be anything – a maid, a butler, a cleaner, a pet – anything, just let me stay here.” Baekhyun pleaded.

As tempting as it sounded, there was one problem. “But I don’t know you and you don’t know me.”

Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows. “But you’re the first person that I saw when I woke up this morning… you make me feel safe.” He muttered quietly and looked at you; that was when your resolve crumbled to the ground mercilessly.

You sighed and contemplated his offer. It sounded tempting; after all, you did need all of those things that he had said. But… you rubbed your temple before sighing out loud. Baekhyun observed your every actions; what he said was somewhat true – you had been the first person he had seen and somehow, you really do make him feel quite ‘safe’. It was a plus that you were quite adorable and pretty (even in a pair of pajamas) to him.

“Fine; I’ll let you stay here but only until you gain all of your memories.” You stated and Baekhyun looked at you with a huge smile. “On one condition.” The smile on his face began to falter and a small pout replaced the smile.

“Which is?”

“I have always wanted a pet cat.”


 

Hopefully you enjoyed! Do leave comments/feedbacks, yeah? Thank you! Thanks for subscribing! 

ps: there might be mistakes here and there. I'll fix it when I get back from work later!