six.

You are my P-E-T.

 

“Welcome to Soojin’s Cake house- oh, it’s you, boss.”

“Wow; I can feel the love radiating from that sentence.” You stated dryly as you stared at your cashier, Joonmyun (or rather Suho as he insisted on being called – “Joonmyun is what my mother calls me!”). You headed over to the counter and picked up the inventory for that morning.

Suho chuckled. “You know that was not how I meant for it to come out, boss.” He smiled good-heartedly at you and you glanced at him before rolling your eyes. “Anyways, Luhan hyung gathered the staffs in the break room and told me to wait for you here.” You were about to ask him where your PA was but Suho beat you to it. “Chanyeol insisted that he should wait for you since that was part of his job as your PA but Luhan hyung insisted Chanyeol has to do the minute for the whole meeting.” He explained and your mouth formed a small ‘o’ as you nodded your head. Suho headed towards the front door, making sure it was locked before flipping the sign to ‘closed’.

“Alright; let’s get the meeting done and over with.”

...

“You think just because you are Mr. No’s daughter, I will not hesitate to fire you?” Your boss yelled as he threw the file of sales report towards you. If it wasn’t for the fact that you had fast reflexes, you were quite sure the file would have hit your stomach, if you hadn't caught it.

All of your staffs behind you kept quiet as they stared at the scene unfolding in front of them; some were torn in wanting to step in but they knew you were just going to get into more trouble if they did so and if looks could kill, the amount of glares your boss was receiving would have surely buried him to the earth's core. Somehow, halfway through the meeting, your boss decided to drop by unannounced and crashed on your ‘wonderful pattering’ - because let's face it, normal meeting was undeniably boring and you were never a stickler for anything normal. (Hence one of the reason as to why you actually have a pet human).

“This is why I told Mr. No that we should have someone who is more capable!” You resisted the urge to roll your eyes. “Like my daughter!” He ratted on and you sighed inwardly. “Clearly you are not fit for these types of things.” He shook his head and ranted about things that you knew by heart because of the amount of times he had repeated them whenever your father or you were around.

Just because you went to Yale university, doesn’t make you better than the rest of us.”
“Honestly, did you threaten your own father to give you this position?”
“How come you were not aware of the dropping in the sales?”
“Why are you slacking so much?”

Same old, same old.

...

 

“He had no right to say that to you!” Luhan protested and you gave him a weak smile before shrugging your shoulders. “Your father believed in you and goodness- I feel like smacking your boss!” He gritted through his teeth as he squeezed the living daylights out of your Dammit dolls (the same one Luhan had gotten you for your birthday that year).

“Boss, are you alright?” Chanyeol asked tentatively. You nodded your head and let out a sigh, ignoring Luhan who was probably plotting on ways to humiliate your boss – it was Luhan after all.

You stood up. “I’m just going to go home and mull over things.” You stated to your staffs and without waiting for their response, you headed out of the break room. You were about to leave the bakery when you heard Kyungsoo calling out your name.

Stopping abruptly, you turned to face your baker. “Do you need something?”

Kyungsoo shook his head before ing a plastic filled with tarts, sandwiches and buns. “Chanyeol and I made these earlier – don’t worry, I didn’t let him anywhere near the kitchen but… it’s for you.” He stated. You looked at the plastic before looking at the younger man and smiled slightly, taking the plastic from his hand.

“Thank you, Kyungsoo. Make sure Chanyeol doesn’t stress himself too much over Luhan because Luhan’s well aware of how easily Chanyeol gets frustrated over him.” You reminded Kyungsoo who nodded at your words. Glancing one last time at the plastic in your hand and thanking the boy once more, you made your way out of the bakery.

...

You opened the door to your apartment and were greeted by silence. Frowning slightly (because honestly, you were hoping for Baekhyun to jump out and hug the living daylights out of you), you took off your shoes and kicked them to the side before locking the door behind you. You placed the food Kyungsoo, your baker, had made on the table before heading to the living room.

The soft sounds of a whimper greeted your ears and your eyes landed on your pet; Baekhyun was curled up on the sofa, hugging your pillow and despite feeling extremely drained, you smiled at that. Walking towards where he was, you carefully slid on to the sofa (somewhat glad that you had actually listened to Luhan and bought yourself a big sofa). Your hand immediately found itself tangled in the soft manes of Baekhyun’s hair and instantaneously, the whimpers stopped and in a split second, you found Baekhyun’s head on your lap as he continued to hug the pillow.

You were so lost in your own train of thoughts that you didn’t realize Baekhyun had woken up until his sleepy voice brought you out of your reverie. You turned your head to the left and your heart thudded against your chest. Baekhyun was sleepily rubbing his eye whilst hugging the pillow to him. “Nuna?”

At that moment, all you wanted to do was throw your arms around him and cry. That was what you did. Baekhyun’s eyes widened as he heard the muffled sobs that came from your mouth. He tried nudging you with his head but you merely wrapped your arms tighter around him. Baekhyun slowly pushed you away and you stared at him, tears streaming down your cheeks and Baekhyun placed the pillow behind you before pulling you into his arms.

Instinctively, you wrapped your arms around his waist and buried your head into the crook of his neck. Baekhyun frowned; he had fallen asleep on the couch while waiting for you and somehow, he never expected for this to happen. Something stirred inside him and the frown on his face deepened; the person who made his master cry was going to get it.


 

 

Sorry that it took so long for me to update! I had this chapter typed up but I totally forgot to post it up! Mistakes are made here and there and I have yet to go through the chapter ;A; i'm sorry about that. Anyways, hope you enjoyed it! (and this chapter's slightly longer than the previous one) thank you for the wonderful comments!