Chapter 9

Locked To You

A month has passed since the last incident and the friendship between Jonghyun and Jessica grew stronger. Despite having frequent arguments, the two always made up through going out to have a meal. Without realizing, Jessica's friendship with Onew has weakened. If someone needed to find Jessica, she would either be in the hospital working or out on a date with Jonghyun.

 

"Jjong~ I'm hungry" Jessica whined on the phone

"Me too! I can probably eat a horse AND an elephant" Jonghyun exaggerated

Jessica giggled on the other end of the line. Her high pitched laugh sent shivers down Jonghyun's spine. After the night he cried infront of Jessica at the park, he knew that he had developed feelings for Jessica. And he knew that Jessica had a soft spot for him too. He smiled unknowingly as the nurses around him gave him strange looks.

"I can't believe we've been separated. Why do you get be in surgery while I'm still stuck in the emergency department? It's not fair, my grades are better than yours!" Jessica complained.

Jonghyun rolled his eyes and exclaimed, "Pabo. How can your grades be better than mine? I am the king of studying!"

And their childish banter continued until Jonghyun was called for work, "Jonghyun! Surgery in 15 minutes!"

Jonghyun let out a sigh and pouted, "Sica I have to go. Dinner after work?"

"Yes... if it's on you" Jessica replied

"Fine. I'll wait for you outside your department"

"Goodbye Jjongie oppa!"

Jonghyun's smile reached his ears as he hanged up his phone. Jessica barely calls him 'oppa' so when she does he would always be in a good mood. After changing into his scrubs and washing his hands, he walked into the operation theatre with the thought of confessing to Jessica on his mind. 

"Should I? Should I not? Should I...?" He whispered to himself.

It has been 2 hours and Jonghyun was still in the operation theatre, the pictures of Jessica's reaction if he confesses to her clouded his mind.

"Suction." The head surgeon demanded Jonghyun. Yet the latter did not respond.

"Suction" The head surgeon reinforced, glaring at Jonghyun. Yet no reply.

"Intern Kim Jonghyun! Suction!" The head surgeon almost shouted. Yet Jonghyun was still in his own world

"Should I? Or should I not?" Jonghyun spoke, still confused with whether he should confess or not.

"Intern Kim Jonghyun! Get out of my surgery theatre!" The head surgeon strong words brought Jonghyun back to reality.

 

It was 5PM and Jessica was just let off work. She was greeted by a gloomy Jonghyun at the front of the door.

"What's with your face?" She asked 

Jonghyun let out a sigh and looked at her, "There's nothing wrong with my face"

Jessica rolled her eyes, "Your expression!" She yelled at him.

"I was kicked out of the operation theatre" He grumbled as kicked the wall gently

"Why?!" Jessica demanded and hit him at the same time for kicking the hospital's wall

Jonghyun groaned. He wasn't in the mood for Jessica's interrogation, he just wanted to eat.

"Why!?" Jessica pressed on the issue once again

"I don't want to talk about it. Just drop it!" He yelled at her. He knew he shouldn't be blaming her but he just wasn't in the right mood.

Jessica was taken back. Jonghyun barely yelled at her, or when he did it was just a joke. Tears brimmed on the edge of her eyes as she watched Jonghyun walked off without her. Jonghyun walked along the hospital's corridor as he tried to tame his temper.

"Stupid Jonghyun! Why did you yell at her" He scolded himself as he banged his head against the wall. Taking deep breathes and controlling his anger, he slowly walked back to where Jessica was. His heart ached and his world collapsed as he watched her silently weep. He mentally cursed himself once more, and pulled her into his arms.

"I'm sorry" He whispered as he pulled her closely into his embrace. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be yelling at you. It's not your fault. Forgive me"

He kissed her crown before pulling away to wipe her tears. "I''m sorry for making you cry" He apologized once more. He pulled her back into his arms and asked for forgiveness once more,

"Princess Jessica, will you forgive me?"

Jessica shooked her head and pulled away. She gave him a smirk and lifted her legs to kick him in the groin. Jonghyun fell to the floor and winced in pain as he watched Jessica walked off.

"Now you're forgiven. And you owe me dinner!" She yelled back.