Chapter Six.

Locked To You

 

“I can’t believe you beat me by 1%” Jonghyun sulked.

Jessica smirked, “Well it’s not that much of a surprise really… I am smarter than you anyway”

Jonghyun scoffed. He pulled his arms around himself and shivered as the cold breeze hit his face. Jonghyun had kept his promise – buying Jessica a meal if she beats him in their medical exam, in which she did. But Jessica wanted to walk along the Han River before grabbing something to eat, in which he also agreed to.

Jonghyun was still grumbling over the fact that Jessica had beaten him and ended up trailing behind her. As Jessica left Jonghyun behind, she thought about her parents. Wondering whether God had told her parents about the good news… that she is given the opportunity to become an intern at Korea’s top hospital. Jessica thoughts were interrupted when Jonghyun’s blazer was placed over her shoulders.

“It’s cold. A doctor needs to take care of herself before she can provide care to her patients” Jonghyun said. He had never taken off his jacket and gave it to a girl, especially on a cold winter night. Jessica was special to him for some unknown reason. She made him feel different. Something he can’t describe with words and he likes it.

Jessica smiles at his kind gestures but returned his blazer to him, “You’re going to be a doctor too. And I have my own jacket”

Jonghyun looked at her thin cardigan and gave it a disapproving look. He forced his jacket back on her and ran ahead so she couldn’t give his jacket back to him. Jessica laughed at his childish antics and ran after him.

 

After about an hour of playing around at Han River, the pair settled at an Italian restaurant.

Jessica threw Jonghyun a disgusting look who was too busy slurping his spaghetti. When he looked up, Jessica threw a napkin in his face,

Such a messy eater!” She grumbled.

Slurping spaghetti is an art! It makes it tastier” Jonghyun retorted

Jessica scoffed and continued eating her lasagne.

After a round of dessert, Jonghyun and Jessica decided to stroll home instead of taking the cab.

I feel so fat!” Jessica sulked as she patted her stomach.

Jonghyun smirked, “Yeah, it shows” and ran off before she could attack him

YAH! You don’t have to be so blunt” Jessica shrieked and ran after him. Unfortunately for her, she twisted her ankle and tumbled to the floor. Jonghyun found it amusing and laughed to his heart content. After his laughing fit, he walked back to Jessica and crouched down before her.

Pabo” He commented and flicked her forehead.

Jessica pouted and pretended to sulk. Jonghyun couldn’t help but to smile at her cuteness. Without realising, his heart was beating rapidly.

Aegyo doesn’t work on old people like you Jessica” Jonghyun teased.

Jessica attacked him with slaps until he gave in and apologized.

Give me a piggyback ride home!” Jessica demanded.

Jonghyun complied and the pair joked around until they reached Jessica’s mansion. Standing at the door was Onew, who certainly did not look impressed. Jonghyun put Jessica down and helped her to door. Onew felt his heart ache as he observed Jessica laughing and joking with Jonghyun – something that rarely happens when she’s with him.

Annyeong Chicken ~” Jessica greeted Onew cutely.

Go inside first Jessica. I need to talk to Jonghyun”  Onew replied coldy.

Jessica thought it was strange that Onew was treating her coldly. It was out of his usual character and looked at Jonghyun questioningly. Jonghyun nodded for her to go inside first and walked outside with Onew. Jessica obeyed but couldn’t help worrying over the two guys.

Outside the Jung’s residence, Onew and Jonghyun stood in the cold in silence.

I like her” Onew spoke up.

Jonghyun didn’t reply. He nodded his head. He knew what Onew was referring to. Onew liked Jessica – it was obvious.

Do you?” Onew continued.

Honestly, Jonghyun didn’t know what Jessica was to him. He wasn’t sure if he liked her or not. All he knew was that Jessica was someone he cannot hurt, because he couldn’t bear the sight of seeing her cry. Unlike other girls that he had hooked up with, Jessica was someone he didn’t want to take advantage of.

No” Jonghyun replied.

Good. Because I want to make her mine” Onew said before leaving Jonghyun outside.

Jonghyun frowned. The thought of liking Jessica flooded his mind.

What is Jessica to him?