Chapter 10

Locked To You

It was 30 minutes before midnight and the group of friends gathered in the living room to relax. Tiffany, Taeyeon and Seohyun sat around the coffee table gossiping about the latest news happening around the hospital. Key, Minho, Taemin, Yuri, Sooyoung and Yoona were screaming and shouting as they battled it out on the ps3. Onew, however, sat alone in the kitchen as he impatiently waited for Jessica to arrive home.

 

"Onew hyung, we're going out to the groceries to buy some midnight snack. Want anything?" Minho shouted from the living room

"Nah, I'm fine thanks" The latter replied, without removing his eyes from the clock.

"Onew oppa, can you get me a glass of water?" Tiffany asked 

"No." 

"But you're in the kitchen" Tiffany exclaimed in annoyance 

Taeyeon left the group and walked towards Onew. She layed her hand on his shoulder and spoke, "She's with Jonghyun. She'll be okay" 

Taeyeon always had a "thing" for Onew. She loved his dorkiness, his clumsiness and his awkward jokes. She loves his caring nature... even if the person he cared for wasn't her. But she knew that Onew has eyes only for Jessica - in fact everyone knew besides Jessica. But that doesn't stop Taeyeon's affection for Onew. 

-------------------

On the other hand, Minho was ready to leave the house when Yuri decided to come along, "Minho oppa! Wait for me, I'll come along"

The two strolled along the street in awkward silence. Minho didn't know what to say but smiled as he admired Yuri's beauty. Each time the street lamp shined down upon Yuri, her dark brown hair would glow with a hint of a golden blonde. Minho found it rather amusing. Minho cleared his throat when his eyes met with Yuri's eyes. 

"Oppa... do you have a girlfriend?" Yuri asked shyly.

Minho gave her a questioning look, "Why do you want to know?"

"Just because. I want to get to know you"

Minho chuckled and decided to play around, "I do. She's probably the best thing that has ever happened in my life"

"Oh..." Yuri didn't know what to say. She had a crush on Minho, but the fact that he has a girlfriend was a 'no go' zone for her. Minho noticed her change of expression and could tell that she was upset.

"I was only joking. For now... my eyes are only on you" 

-------------------

Jessica strolled out of Baskin Robbins and patted her very full stomach. She turned back and watched as Jonghyun counted how much money he had left in his wallet.

"You know what Sica? You're a very expensive girl. Only a millionare .. no a billionare would be able to accomodate your needs"

Jessica scoffed and whacked the back of Jonghyun's head, "You're only out of money because you don't save up! I bet you buy meals for every girl you meet, that's how you get them in bed right? By spoiling them?"

Jonghyun rolled his eyes, "The only girl I ever buy food for is you! And I'm not a player so stop discriminating against me" 

Jonghyun pouted and Jessica chuckled at his childish behaviour, "Stop pouting, it doesn't look good on you"

The pair continued their walk home, constantly bumping into each other and grazing their hand against each others. Jonghyun had noticed this and grabbed her hand and held it as they continued walking. Jessica was surprised but held onto his hand as an unknown yet overwhelming feeling took over her body. She wanted the moment to last forever, she wanted her hands to be forever held by Jonghyun. And before she knew it, they were already infront of their house, and he withdrew his hand away from hers. Feeling slightly disappointed, she glanced at her feet and happens to notice that he was wiping his hands against his jeans, feeling slightly embarrassed she apologized frantically,

"OMG, I'm so sorry! My hands are probably sweaty! sorry!" And ran towards the door.

Jonghyun chuckled at her cuteness and ran after her. He held her hand again and pulled her closer to him. Looking into her brown eyes, he bent down and pecked her lips lightly, "I like you... Jung Sooyeon"