2 .

This Summer ✭ 

Chorong dreaded the arrival of the summer vacations. She hated how she would spend it aimlessly without much thought and let each day pass meaninglessly. She wished that school would last longer. At least she had something to do at school; with all the homeworks and tasks assigned by each teachers.

 

"Summer vacations! Finally!" Hayoung cheered, raising both her hands in the air merrily.

 

Chorong heaved a sigh, why does her clique enjoy the coming of summer vacations that much? The classroom happened to be vacant by now, much to the girls' pleasure. They would always spend time together at an empty classroom during breaks and after school, chatting away like there's no tomorrow; at least they need not compete with the noise level at the school canteen, that was always filled with a huge crowd of students.

 

"Finally some time to spend on shopping, manicure, teas and of course fun!" Namjoo continued and gave a hi-five to Hayoung who was seated beside her.

 

"Not again, we ought to spend it differently this time!" Bomi grumbled, leaning against the classroom wall.

 

Naeun furrowed her brows, as if questioning Bomi's comment. How should they spend their vacations differently when they do not even have a plan in the first place? Furthermore, Hayoung and Namjoo still had a year to go before they would graduate from high school. That would mean they would be assigned to some holiday assignments which would take up a few days to complete.

 

"How about visiting the theme park?" Yookyung suggested.

 

"Eyyy, it'll be filled with many people, especially since it's the holidays now!" Eunji, the one with the outstanding accent spoke up.

 

You could not blame her though, Eunji found it rather difficult to get rid of the evident Busan accent that she was born with. Her parents had encouraged her to seek for a better education in Seoul when she was younger. If not for them, she would not have met this bunch of wonderful friends who constantly remind her that she should speak in that accent; that was what made her special, specially Eunji.

 

"Chorong unnie, any plans?" Naeun asked promptly.

 

"No, I hate summer vacations."