3 .

This Summer ✭ 

"Are you sure they'll agree to this, hyung? You'll make a fool out of yourself if she rejects you," Dongwoo remarked, standing right behind Sunggyu at where the rows of lockers were, furnished on the sides of the hallway.

 

Sunggyu glared at his younger friend and made a mental note to scowl at him later for being such a coward. Dongwoo is always acting like a chicken whenever he was around girls; like as if they were predators that would eat him up. He was unsure why his friend had such an unusual fear though; girls weren't that scary actually, they were just temperamental, most of the time.

 

Without another word to spare, Sunggyu stepped forward, approaching the neighbouring lockers with much confidence while Dongwoo hid his face behind the locker doors, just in case they happened to see him. He would not want to make a disgrace of himself.

 

"Rongie!"

 

"Sunggyu! What brings you here today huh?" Chorong answered with a grin on her face as she turned to look at Sunggyu.

 

Her younger friends bowed politely to see their senior while the others simply waved in acknowledgement of his presence. They were not unfamiliar with Sunggyu in the first place, he was the popular president of the school council; one who acted as the voice of the student body responsibly. It was a pity that he was graduating from high school though, he had made so many fruitful contributions.

 

"Ah... I was just wondering if you have made any plans for the summer vacations and if..."

 

"Not really, I was just discussing with the girls a moment ago." Sunggyu watched as the girls behind Chorong started whispering amongst themselves and some started giggling as they sent occasional glances at him.

 

Was it wrong to ask his best friend out during the summer vacations to spend some quality time together? Besides, he was just about to announce that the rest of the boys were tagging along too; the more, the merrier right?

 

"Great, we could all head for the beach resort at Jeju then. Who's in?" Sunggyu asked.

 

The girls turned to look at each other before breaking into fits of excitement and joy. How could they miss out on a beach visit during the summer vacations?

 

"Count all of us in," Chorong replied.