5 .

This Summer ✭ 

"Are you okay?" Yookyung lifted her head to come face to face with the tall male who was now standing before her, his hands on her forearm.

 

"Y..Yeah," she stuttered, feeling her cheeks burned with embarrassment.

 

If not for her loosened shoelaces, she would not have tripped on them when she was about to get to her seat on the airplane. Yookyung mentally blamed herself for not making a good check of them beforehand, which others may blame her for wearing the current pair when she definitely could afford better ones. But Yookyung could not bear to throw them out, especially since it was a gift from her beloved grandmother who had passed away years ago.

 

"I..I'm sorry," he mumbled, letting go of her arm when he realised that he was still holding onto it firmly.

 

"It's okay. Thank you," Yookyung replied, managing a thankful smile.

 

"See.. See you later then," he said while scratching the back of his neck in an awkward manner.

 

Yookyung giggled inwardly at his actions before settling down on the seat beside Namjoo and Hayoung, the noisy duo who were inseparable of each other. Apparently, they had been sending teasing gazes at her when she was just about to buckle her seatbelt.

 

"Are you okay?" Namjoo mimicked playfully, her face scrunching up with worry.

 

"Yes, thank you so much," Hayoung said almost immediately, making sure that her hands were on both sides of Namjoo's shoulder.

 

"You look even prettier up close now," Namjoo cooed while Yookyung rolled her eyes dismissively.

 

"Sungyeol oppa did not say that," Yookyung stated, glaring at the duo who were now chuckling boisterously.

 

"Both of you were shying around because of each others' presence. You must like him huh, unnie?" Hayoung asked, buckling up her seatbelt as well after the crews' announcement.

 

"N...no, of course not!" Yookyung denied, her face flushing red once again.

 

Both Hayoung and Namjoo giggled, watching as Yookyung frantically hid her face with a book. It was obvious that she had a slight crush on that boy from the classroom next door, even if she had not mentioned anything about him before.

 

"Shush girls, we aren't the only ones here!" Chorong stated as the plane prepared to take off.

 

The domestic flight ended in a blink of an eye, much to the group's delight. They were all excited to hit the beach and bask in the sunshine. Hurriedly, both groups went to retrieve their baggages while Sunggyu penned down the bus they should take and the stop that they should alight at. It was no wonder that the boys have no worries whenever Sunggyu was around.

 

"What are you writing?" A voice came from behind Sunggyu, causing him to flinch a little in surprise.

 

"Eyy, I'm sorry oppa. Did I scare you?" Eunji asked, her eyes curving into crescents as Sunggyu stifled a laugh.

 

"It's alright. I was just noting the bus that we should take," Sunggyu replied, showing off his eye smile as well.

 

Within minutes, both groups gathered at where Sunggyu was at, ready to head for their destination.