Thoughts

Accident

I stared at the individual. His eyes were a deep brown and his face was relaxed. A smile overtook my face. His accent was slurred when he spoke English. I giggled a little school girl giggle. My face reddened. I thought to myself, "How dumb was that you idiot!" I looked at the young attractive man standing in front of me, and for that moment, nothing else mattered except us. I opened my mouth to say hello, but a tight pain consumed my chest. My lungs inhaled then exhaled. A fire began to burn from within me. I squinted the tears from my eyes. I could feel the fire move around my body. I felt the cold sweat dampen my head. I tried to relax my eyes. When I opened them slowly, Donghae was at my side. Who was this person? I didn't know him, but for some reason he was here in my room. I glanced down at my chest . I had my hands laid a crossed the sheet along my chest and his hand was on top of mine. I looked at his tan hand. It was bigger than mine. But why was he here?

The pain scattered as if it were an animal running from bullets. I let out a pathetic yelp. His grip on my hand tightened as he said something in whatever language he was speaking. I yelled again as the pain slowly constricted my throat. I could feel the icy grip of what ever was attacking me close in. I closed my eyes for a second. When I opened them four or five nurses had gathered around me. Each of them had a needle. I looked at the blue serum again, but this time I became afraid. I felt the fear seize my body and I froze. My head pounded and my lungs screamed for air. My body, exhausted and beaten, convulsed. My muscles twitched, and my eyes rolled back.

Then as suddenly as I had passed out, I awoke. I grabbed Donghae's wrist. Screams filled my throat as the pain took control of my body. If this was a war I would be sure to lose. I began to kick and thrash my arms and legs.The nurses grabbed them and held them to the bed. One nurse grabbed the tube that led into my chest. I watched as the serum pushed its way into my helpless body. I looked pleadingly into Donghae's eyes. His dark expression grew only more grim as I shut my eyes.

My body ached. My lungs were sore. My head pounded. I turned my neck making my head follow. The morning sunshine seemed too happy for what had just happened. I glanced at the table. A small bright green and yellow card with a chocolate sat upon the deep brown table. I smiled. "I bet it's from Donghae!" I thought. My heart fluttered as I reached for the card. I tugged. I tugged again.... Silence filled my head. Why couldn't I grab the card? I stared long and hard at the restraints that tied my hands and legs to the bed. My eyes watered...

"What did I do?"

 

The thought echoed in my mind. I moved my hand  just a little bit to comfort it. I felt a cold plastic remote. I grasp it hard. I pressed the green and white call button with the picture of phone on it.

I waited.

And waited.

Then the nurse finally showed up. A man with a blackened eye walked in behind her. I watched his heavy movements. His dark eyes looked straight at me. But instead of looking at me he seemed to look straight through me. His icy stare pierced me. I looked at the woman. She stared at the monitors for awhile before she moved again. After looking though some charts, she untied the restraints and glanced at the man. She said something sarcastically, I think. 

"Thank you," I said in a small voice, "But what happened to him?"

Her frazzled look became calm when she spoke, "You.. smack... him." 

The man stood tall and proud, but you could see the red embarrassment creep into his face. The woman giggled as they walked out. I stared at them. Their strides were in unison. How was that funny to them? I had hit someone! How?! I don't remember ever hitting someone! I sighed as I retraced my memories.

A knock at the door disturbed my train of thought. It slowly opened, and I held my breath in anticipation. I know who I wanted it to be. But why did I want it to be him? I stared at the door as my thoughts swam though my head. 

"Hello." the man said.

"Hello." I said. He was a shorter man with grey and black hair. His suit was blue with pinstripes, and his shoes were black. I looked at him oddly. His head was a little too big for his small frame, but never-the-less I listened.

"I am your lawyer." 

"What? Lawyer? For what!" Panic consumed me.

"The accident," he sat down with his briefcase at his side, "You were involved in a car accident with Lee Donghae on September 14 at 11:47 pm." 

He continued talking, but I didn't listen.  Donghae? The same Donghae that was sitting by my side? But.. No that couldn't be possible! He was so sweet and   .. That just wasn't possible!

"Now if you could kindly give me your information, we can get started with the trial."

"Trial!" A wild look transformed my face. "What trial! What happened!"

The man stared at me for a moment. I could feel his brain dissecting my every movement and thought. I felt uncomfortable in the silence. He cleared his throat and spoke.

"There will be a trial held for the accident."

I felt heartbroken. This poor boy didn't deserve a trial against him! 

 

 

Or did he?

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry for not updating soon! I've been sick and my internet went down. Thank you all for the wonderful support you have given me. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! ;)