Guilt and Anger.

Accident

After sitting in an awkward silence for five minutes our eyes met. His eyes pleaded with mine.

"I'm so sorry! I should've known you were there! I should have not driven drunk! I should've known better! I shouldn't have hurt you!" Tears were flowing down his cheeks as he buried his face in his hands. His quiet sobs shook his body.
 
"I'm so sorry." His red eyes sparkled as his brow wrinkled. 

I felt the guilt seep into me as I looked at the young helpless man in front of me. I sat up and grabbed his hand lightly. I smiled warmly and spoke quietly. 

"Don't feel sorry. Things happen for a reason." My voice was calmer than I thought possible. It surprised not only Donghae but me, too. He set his hand softly on my hand avoiding all of the tubes and wires running though my veins. His head slowly popped up as we sat in silence. His hands were cold against mine. It sent shivers though my spine. His eyes lit up as he quickly reached beside his chair. The quick movement was dizzying to my strained eyes.

"I brought you something! I was hoping it would make you feel better!" His shy smile made my heart flutter. "You idiot stop it!" I thought. I smiled warmly back.

The dark wooden door creaked opened as a nurse strolled in. Her eyes grew big as she stared at Donghae. Her normally calm steps became rushed as she hurried over to Donghae's side. This was the first time she had been here when he was here. They spoke for awhile. His relaxing voice was so smooth. He flashed shy smiles and bowed his head many times. He seemed so... introverted. He gave the nurse a piece of paper with a signature on it. She squealed like a little pig as she consumed him in a hug. I felt jealously rise within me. I took a deep breath to calm myself. Why would I be jealous! He was just a complete stranger. A complete stranger with beautiful brown eyes... dark messy hair.... a gorgeous smile. "Stop, stop, stop! " I thought. The ecstatic nurse's smile became transparent as she looked at me. A look of disgust crossed her face as she studied the monitors. She grabbed a needle from a cabinet above the table that had the roses on them. She slowly took the plastic wrapper off and inserted it into my veins. The pinch made me squint my eyes. "She couldn't have been more gentle!" I thought as my eyebrows squished together. Her cold expression and round nose reminded me of a pig. And since she sounded like a pig, I consumed my thoughts with the image of her running around being hog tied. I giggled as she shot an awful look of anger at me. I straightened up as she strutted her way out of the room. Donghae blushed with embarrassment as she left. 

"Quite a charmer!" I said sarcastically. He laughed and shook his head. His eyes brightened as he handed me a blue box. 
 
"It's a phone! So now you can call your family and tell them what happened." My eyes grew wide as he handed me the bright blue touch screen phone. 

"I picked blue because that was the color you were, uh, wearing before..." His voice trailed off, but I nodded my head in appreciation. It must be hard for him to speak of the accident. But... he remembered what I was wearing? I thought for a moment. Blue was my favorite color. I felt the butterflies push their way out of my stomach and into my throat. 

"Go on call your parents!" His eyes lit up with confidence. They had a certain sparkle to them when he was smiling. I giggled ignoring the pain of course. I stared at the phone. He hunched his back over and sat his elbows on his knees. His hands slightly pushed his cheeks up as a wide smile spread across his face. 

"Why are you doing this." My reply was emotionless and unexpected. My blank stare only looked at the box in my hand. I hadn't even realized that I had just spoken. The voice didn't belong to me, but at the same time it did. His smile disappeared as his eyes darkened. His voice spoke solid and deep.

"I wanted to make sure that your family knew what had happened to you... I wanted to make sure you could go to sleep sound... at night knowing that your parents were going to be there the next day.. I wanted to-" I cut him off. My voice raised and became angry. Searing pain crept into my head and lungs as I yelled. 

"You wanted me safe? Then why did the accident happen in the first place!? Why did you drive drunk!" I coldly stared at him. I watched the color drain out of his face as he looked away. His expression became grim as he dropped his head. 

"Answer me!" My eyes were red with rage as the monitor's beep grew progressively faster. I looked at him as the red mist began to engulf my vision. My body became tense and icy. "What are you doing! Shut up! Shut up!" I thought. My body began to shake as I watched the red mist mixed with black ate my vision. I listened as the monitors began to screech. The familiar sound of Donghae's voice echoed in my head. Screaming filled the air around me. I felt a warm touch grasp my hand. Was this Donghae? I felt fluids rush into my body from every tube. My heart beat faster and faster in my chest. I screeched as the pain crawled though my body. My thrashing legs and arms were held down. I felt people's finger nails dig into my flesh. But, I didn't care. The pain ran though my body as if it were knives carving me.I could feel the icy steel tip slice though me. The knife made its way slowly into my head. I felt a warm surge of pain throb in my brain. I let out a yelp as the blade picked at my brain. Its sharp tip dug deep into me. I threw my chest up. I could feel the sticky blood ooze out of my ears. What was going on?! I cried as I felt a needle pierce my heart. My body calmed and my heart steadied. My vision came to as I looked at the white light above me. I laid in silence as I watched figure after figure slowly release their grip on my arms and legs. I could feel the tension in the room. I listened to the silence and the beep of the machine.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Well I hate this chapter too! It wasn't supposed to be published but for some reason It published it anyway! So it's... crappy! :'( But it won't let me not publish it so I guess this is Chapter 4! I PROMISE I WILL WRITE A BETTER CHAPTER NEXT TIME!!! forgive me! :(