Recall.

Accident

I looked at the man who sat in front of me. He opened his briefcase and took out papers and some glasses. I thought for a moment. What happened the night of the accident? I kept trying to recall everything and anything. 

"Your name and residency, please." His deep voice rumbled.

"Uh..." I looked at him puzzled.

What was my name? 

 

Who was I?! 

 

Where was I from?!

 

Where was my family!

 

I never once thought about anything until now...

"You don't know your name?" His snake-like eyes peeked over his dark glasses. 

"Uh... I do know my name..."

"Then miss, what is your name?" His words slurred together like the snake he had become. I desperately thought. What was my name! What was my name?! I waited for a moment. My eyes fluttered to the ceiling as I tried to remember such a basic part of me. If I had forgot my own name... What else did I forget? I opened my mouth to admit defeat, but suddenly the door swung open. I looked startled at the individual who had opened it. 

A wide smile engrossed my face. It was Donghae in a button-up white shirt and jeans. He looked adorable. I felt my face redden as I stared at him. He bowed apologetically at my lawyer while closing the door and flashed a bright smile to me. His hair was messy but obviously meant to be that way. He seemed joyful that I was awake and not screaming at him.. This time anyway. 

"Would you like him present for your questioning?" My attention broke from his charming smile into reality. Donghae stared at the man. I hoped he was thinking about how big is head was. His mouth began to move as if he was trying to interpret what was just said. 

 
I stared at him for awhile. His facial expression changed and became grim and dark. He sat down in the opposite corner of the lawyer and stared at the bland white floor. His posture was sad as he placed his elbows upon his knees. He clasped his hands together and laid his face behind them. His eyes drifted to me. 

"Miss, if you aren't ready to address these questions I can come back tomorrow." Impatience filled his voice. The tapping sound of his foot filled the awkward silence between us.

"I'm just not feeling," I though for a moment, "well enough to recall all the questions you may ask. If you could, perhaps, come back in a couple days after I recuperate that would be wonderful." I tried to sound like I knew exactly what was going on. But, his icy stare saw right through my words. He nodded, sighed, and looked at Donghae. A look of disgust contorted his face.  He slowly put the papers and glasses into his briefcase. The clicking noise reminded me of something. But, I couldn't recall. Donghae bowed his head heavily. The man's light footsteps guided him to the door. I watch mesmerized by the figure walking out of the room. He turned and stopped. I watched his body rise and fall with each breath. His face peered over his shoulder as he looked at me. 

"You might want to reconsider what you're thinking about. I saw the way you looked at this man. Don't fall for some petty charm."

Donghae's head shot up as he heard the man. I watch his face sour with madness. What right did this man have to insult Donghae? I knew something must have happened before.. But it wasn't my business.. right? The thoughts banished themselves as the door crept closed. I looked at the innocent Donghae. His face brightened as he looked at me.

Innocent?

"How do you, uh, feel today?" his accent was slurred just a bit. 

"Okay, I guess," I looked at this man sitting in front of me. He seemed too innocent to have hurt even a fly, "Can I ask you a question?" His eyes saddened as he nodded his head in approval. "What happened... the night of the accident?"  His mouth opened but no words were spoke. I stared blankly at him. I finally realized there were worry lines on his face. Were they from me? Or from something else? Our eyes met and fluttered away from each other. 
 
He began to speak softly, "I was driving home in the dark," I felt him hesitate, "and I was drunk." Tears began to wet his eyes as he looked at everything except me
 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

So, oddly enough, I hate this chapter nothing big happens, but I need to set everything up for what's to come! ;) Thank you guys!