Roses.

Accident

I awoke. Tears wet my pillow as I held my leg. What had happened? Thoughts raced though my head. I heard an annoying beeping. Beep. Beep. Beep. What was going on?                                                                                                                                             

  I rolled my stiff body with little luck. Cords and tubes ran over, and even into, my body.I turned my head and saw a vase filled with fresh crisp white and red roses. A painful smile engrossed my face. I looked to the opposite side of the room. A large wooden door stood still in the bland off-white room. It was covered in whiteboards and even had a plastic container with some foreign words on it. I turned back to the roses. An obvious thought came a crossed my mind. Who were they from? The words echoed in my empty head.                                                                                                                                                                                         

Searing pain crept through my body.I let out a loud blood curdling scream. The shriek caused a flow of people into the room. I watched as they rushed in and out yelling things at one another. Worried looks and yells absorbed the atmosphere. I kept still as I watched a tall straight-faced chubby young man connect a needle into a tube. I traced the tube following every turn and twist until I saw where it ended. The blue water-like fluid flowed straight into my chest. My vision began to blur as I relaxed my body. The light on the ceiling became dim. I glanced into the young man's eyes. His cold expression was now warmed. The corners of my eyes began to sparkle with a white mist. I stared blankly at the ceiling as the mist consumed my vision.                                       

  Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Yelling. Who was yelling? My eyes fluttered open as I listened to the muffled but obvious argument. What were they saying? I concentrated. But. . . Why couldn't I comprehend what they were saying? I kept quiet, maybe I wasn't awake enough, or maybe I was dreaming and would wake up soon. I slowly moved my head to face the door. I squeezed my eyes shut as I felt the pain inch its way into my head. The door remained closed as the outside argument proceeded. I held my breath as I turned my face to the roses. I looked at them dazed and confused. They were wilted. How! Only a couple of hours had passed... Right?                                                                                                                                                                                                          

The door threw itself open. My heartbeat raced and I tightly shut my eyes. I could hear some light rustling and the familiar sound of glass being set down. I listened with my eyes shut and envisioned who it was. But no one came to mind. The foot steps were light as it not to wake me. I counted each step. One. Two. Three.                                                                                                                    

They stopped. I felt my face redden. Who was there? Were they looking at me? A heavy sigh filled the quiet room. I counted the rest of their steps. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight.                                                                                                                                                 

The door opened and the arguing began. I listened hesitantly opening my eyes and staring at the tall individual. His dark jeans and white shirt were wrinkled. His shaggy dark hair fell just right over his face. I couldn't see his eyes as he turned and closed the door softly. The muffled arguing filled the room again for what seemed like hours. Was that his family?I so desperately wanted to scream "I'm okay! Please don't blame him!" I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. A lump formed in my throat and the pit of my stomach. A cold thought forced its way into my aching head. How do I know it wasn't his fault? Or mine? What was his fault? What was my fault? The thoughts exhausted my body. My eyes fluttered then closed.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                The

warm sun awoke me. I turned my head and looked though the clear vivid window. I saw the bight blue sky and a couple fluffy white clouds. The bland off-white room seemed more peaceful as the sun flooded each corner. It scared away the shadows of the night. It felt good to feel the heat against the cold tubing that ran though me like a highway. I laid there, staring out that beautiful window forever. I cocked my head a little more. The once browning white roses and wilted red roses had been replaced by deep reds and yellows. The new elegant roses filled the air with the smell of freshness. I took a deep breath. Savoring each  smell.                           

                                                                                                                                                                                                               

My rib cage rose and fell with each breath. The pain in my chest overtook my body in seconds. I screeched. A nurse in a blue and white shirt hustled in. Her dark gold brown eyes flew open. She yelled and two others rushed in.   

                                                                                                                                                  

   Her raspy voice attempted to say something in English, "We... uh.. lift... body." The broken English was well understood. I nodded and held my breath. They lifted me off the bed and one pulled my robe up to reveal the crimson soaked bandage wrapped around my chest. They grabbed a similar needle that injected me with the blue water like serum.They chose another fluid and pushed it right into my body. My eyes opened and my heart raced. Then just as quick as it had started, it stopped.         

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. My groggie eyes opened. I looked out the window. They grey sky illuminated every couple of seconds. The rain zig-zagged over the window. I watched mesmerized by the intricate movements. I thought about the beautiful roses again. This mysterious man had continually left me these gorgeous flowers. I looked over at the stand on which he set them. It was no longer filled with the rich yellow and deep red flowers. In fact, there was nothing on it. I felt disappointed. The flowers became my tie to him, whoever he was. I sighed. Maybe I had only imagined them. I turned my head to face the ceiling. I counted the tiles that made up the room. I saw shadows out of the corner of my eye. I assumed doctors and nurses were rushing past my door to get to the other patients. Then one stopped. I stared at the door intrigued by not the stopped shadow, but by the individual turning the handle. I waited.     

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Would I finally meet him? I held my breath. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. The door handle slowly turned. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Come on! Open the door! Beep. Beep. Be- It didn't open. The shadow disappeared, and I felt empty. I let my body breathe again. I turned my head away and induldged myself in the thoughts that I was imagining everything. This whole hopital was an imagination. The nurses and doctors were fake. The roses and mysterious guy was only a figment of my imagina-. Th door swung open slowly. I jumped and turned my head rapidly. The figure in the door waywas holding blue and white flowers. His brown eyes twinkled as a smile over took his face. He said something in English, and soft voice calmed my body.          

"My name is Lee Donghae."                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------So I'm not quite sure what went on with the spaces :( It won't let me fix them either! Sad day! :( But anyway I hope you enjoyed my first attempt at writing a story! NOT ALL THAT GREAT I KNOW! Please forgive me! <3 Credits go out to my friend who made me get on this site!