Start Of The Game

My Cute (Yet Annoying) Neighbour

The morning sunlight and breeze were passing through the white curtain of the room. The room was in silence except the sound of soft footsteps of the brown fur creature. Choco climbed onto her master's bed with difficulty and she snuggled towards the blonde once she was on the bed. 

HyukJae slowly blinked his eyes when he felt little wet tongue on his cheek. He gave a small smile to his dog which was trying to wake him up. HyukJae frowned when he felt a slight headache and pain in his eyes. He could not even remember how long he had been crying last night and when he fell asleep eventually. The blonde sighed deeply while staring at the ceiling blankly, remembering the hurtful words again.

Stop acting like you're my lover when you're nothing more than a neighbour...

HyukJae closed his eyes again and snuggled his face into the pillow, muttering 'DongHae is meanie' softly.

"HyukJae! You're gonna be late for lesson if you're not getting up now!" A loud voice suddenly appeared together with knocking on the door. HyukJae covering his ears with hands, not wanting to hear his brother's morning-nagging that could make his headache worse. 

SungMin opened the door and saw that his brother was still on his bed, covering with blankets on his whole body. He sighed before he approached to the blonde and sat on the bed. 

"Hyukkie~ Wake up my little brother. You have morning class and it's almost 7:30. And if you're not getting up now, you cannot go together with your DongHae." SungMin gently shook his brother's body, hugging the blonde from behind. But he startled when he heard a sob from HyukJae. SungMin quickly pulled off the blanket which wrapped around the other and turned the boy to face him.

"What's wrong, HyukJae? Why are you crying? And why are your eyes so puffy? Who made you cry? Tell me." 

HyukJae ignored all the questions from his brother and suddenly hugged the older tightly. He sobbed harder and SungMin patted and caressed his back gently, comforting his little brother although he didn't know what was happening to him.

"H-Hyung....you are r-right...l-love is not e-easy..." HyukJae said while sobbing uncontrollably. 

"Oh.. HyukJae..." SungMin hugged the younger tighter as he finally understand why HyukJae was crying so hard. His brother was heart-broken. He slowly pulled off from embrace and wiped the blonde's tears from his pale cheeks. His heart felt sank when he saw the crying face of HyukJae. This was new to him. HyukJae was always happy and smiling. Of course, he did cry but not this kind of state. 

"Did something happen with DongHae?" 

The blonde sniffed once before he looked up at his brother. 

"P-promise me. That you won't scold m-me." He said and looked down at his fingers. 

SungMin nodded, assuring that he would not be mad at him. HyukJae told the older the entire incident and waited for his brother's response. He expected to be scolded since it was his fault from the start. But he felt surprised when SungMin smiled at him, patting his blonde hair lovingly. 

"Well, it's not your fault, HyukJae. And it's not his fault either." 

HyukJae confusedly looked at the older. He really thought it was his fault. SungMin chuckled lightly when he saw his brother's cute expression.

"You were jealous of Jessica and that's why you wanted to do something to her. What you did was quite childish but it's because you love DongHae so much."

HyukJae nodded quickly, showing that he agreed with what the older said.

"But it was not his fault for scolding you as his project was affected because of what you did. It's true that you didn't do it on purpose but the problem is that DongHae didn't know it. He can't see your love."

HyukJae blinked his eyes as he felt the tears were slowly formed again.

DongHae can't see my love...

"He h-hates me now."

"He may not."

HyukJae looked up at the older again, eyes asking for explanation on what he had just said.

"I don't think he hates you, HyukJae. You're such a lovely boy and I'm sure that nobody can hate you. He may feel annoyed towards you because you keep clinging to him but he does not hate you. And he has not realized his feelings yet."

The blonde thought about what his brother said. His hyung was true, he annoyed DongHae for a lot of times, and this time was very serious.

"And do you know how to get his attention?" SungMin asked with a smile.

"How?"

"Stop giving yours."

HyukJae widenly his eyes cutely. He should stop giving attention to DongHae? Like he should stop stalking to him? Stop staring at him?

"So that he will realize his feelings towards you. If he likes you, he'll surely feel something. If not....."

SungMin looked at his brother with a sad smile. He didn't want to say this but he should tell his brother to not keep his hopes up. 

"He's not the one for you and you should move on." 

******

"Who are you looking for?" 

DongHae startled at the voice. He cleared his throat with embarrassement as he was caught by his friend. 

"N-no one. I'm not looking for anyone."

"Stop lying to me Lee DongHae. You don't look good since this morning. I saw your eyes were searching for him this morning at entrance gate and now you're looking for him again. For your information, HyukJae was absent today."

 He's absent today? Is it because of me? Or is he sick?

DongHae felt a disappointment as he could not see the blonde today. He felt emptiness in his heart since this morning, when he didn't see HyukJae like the other days, showing his gummy smile and babbling about strawberry or Choco. He guessed that he had been missing the other without even realizing it.

"You were too harsh yesterday."

KyuHyun's voice broke his thoughts about HyukJae. The brunette looked at his friend with confusion.

"I saw everything, DongHae. And I heard everything that you said to him. What had happened to my kind-hearted friend?" 

"What I did was not wrong. He's the one who crossed the line. If he didn't do that stupid thing, I wouldn't say those words to him."

"But it's because he likes you. He's jealous of Jessica and you don't know how he is sad every time he sees you with her. You should at least understand him."

"But still he was wrong for doing that."

A smirk was formed on KyuHyun's lips once he heard the stubborness in his friend's voice. 

"You've just made a mistake, DongHae. Do you think that HyukJae will be still clinging to you like before? No. He will move on. And I'll make him move on." 

DongHae abruptly looked at the other's eyes, which had full of determination. The brunette suddenly felt worry about something, something that he could not describe. He didn't know what he was feeling but he was sure that all of these feelings were related to only one person.

HyukJae...

******

"Choco! Come here!" 

DongHae looked up from his book once he heard the familiar voice that he had been waiting for all day. The blonde had been avoiding him this whole day and it made DongHae felt restless in his heart. 

Before he knew it, he was approaching towards his bedroom window. He looked at the boy who was playing with his dog happily. HyukJae picked up Choco and kissed its tiny nose gently, while caressing its soft fur.

The scene made DongHae smiled, and he unconciously stared at the blonde for a long time. It was something that he had never done before. 

His smile was dropped when he saw a figure standing in front of HyukJae's house.

Cho KyuHyun...

"What is he doing here?" DongHae muttered himself. His anger arised when he saw the two figures walked inside HyukJae's house while laughing. KyuHyun glanced at his direction before he entered into the house and DongHae was sure that he saw the other's evil smirk. The brunette clicked his tongue with anger before he roughly closed the curtain.

Meanwhile,

KyuHyun smiled at his friend's precious expression. He was so certain that Lee DongHae was clearly jealous of him.

The game has just started, Lee DongHae... It's time to realize your feeling...

 

 

A/N: I'm back!!! And I'm very happy to be back. ^___^ I'm really really sorry for being a tortoise writer T.T And I hope that you all didn't forget my fic. I'll try to update this fic every weekends but I couldn't promise since I'm still busy with my final year project. Hope that I can have spare time to write it >.< How's this chapter? Feel free to give feedback to me! Thanks a lot to all the subscribers, readers and my friends! Enjoy reading~