Realization

My Cute (Yet Annoying) Neighbour

 

"DongHae-ah, you should rest now."

YunHo said it for nth time to his teammate who couldn't stop kicking the balls into the goal post. He sighed deeply before he glared at the brunette when he didn't listen to him.

Do you think that HyukJae will be still clinging to you like before?

DongHae frowned at his thought before he strongly kicked the ball, aiming directly into the net.

No. He will move on.

He kicked another.

And I'll make him move on.

He kicked the last ball with all his strength and anger before he sat on the grass with heavy breaths. DongHae closed his eyes tightly before he lied down on the grass.

"DongHae, are you okay?"

The brunette opened his eyes tiredly before looked at his friend who was staring at him with concern. He shook his head and changed his gaze to the almost-dark sky.

"You can tell me anything, fishy. Don't keep any secret. You've been like this since the start of this week. What's wrong with you?"

"I don't know." DongHae whispered and smiled bitterly at himself.

He was not lying. He, himself, didn't even know what exactly was wrong with him. He knew that it was because of HyukJae but why? Why is he feeling like this?

"DongHae---"

"You can go home first. I'll be staying here for awhile." DongHae said softly without looking at his friend. He was exhausted, physically and emotionally. He felt like all of his energy was gone.

"Alright then, I'll be going home now. Don't work too hard, boy. You need to rest. You look horrible, you know."

DongHae chuckled lightly before he nodded his head. He knew that he looked horrible and he felt horrible.

The brunette lied down for awhile, freeing his mind to a particular blonde boy that he was missing.

What is he doing now? Is he playing with Choco like always? Or is he with KyuHyun?

He opened his eyes and sighed deeply at the thought. Those two had been hanging out this whole week and it disturbed him a lot. He didn't like it. He didn't like when he saw HyukJae smiled brightly at KyuHyun and talking to him so cutely. DongHae saw him yesterday when he was on the way to library. And he was about to talk to him but the devil came.  KyuHyun purposely gripped the blonde’s wrist in front of him before he dragged him to the other direction, making the brunette angry at the skinship between those two.

I thought you are my friend Cho KyuHyun.

DongHae took a heavy breath before he lazily stood up on his feet, grabbing his bag on the grass and he headed towards the changing room. He mindlessly changed to his uniform before he locked up and left the room.

He slowly walked towards the gate while kicking the lifeless stones on the ground. The brunette stopped on his track when he saw the face that he was longing to see this whole week. But he was not alone.

KyuHyun was giving the blonde a bunny plushie while the latter was smiling, showing his gummy smile as always. DongHae gritted his teeth with anger at the scene. He wished he could go and punch his so-called friend's grinning face but he was sure that HyukJae would be madder at him if he did that. The brunette glared at the scene before he turned back and walked away from happily laughing couple. Little did he know, his friend was glancing at his back with a victory smirk on his lips.

"Why don't you give it by yourself?" HyukJae asked with a teasing smile while nudging the older's arm. KyuHyun turned to the blonde again before he smiled at him.

"I don't dare to face your Hyung now. He's mad at me."

"What's wrong with you two? Did you say something bad to him again?"

KyuHyun chuckled at the younger's question before he scratched his nape guiltily.

"I told him that his sense of fashion ."

"Seriously, Hyung. You're courting him yet you talked those things to him?” HyukJae said while supressing his laughter at the older. Those two were unbelievable. They fought like Tom and Jerry everytime they met each other. But he could see that they like each other. SungMin was starting to show the interest to the gamer who was courting him with funny ways. HyukJae could see the blushing face of his Hyung everytime he talked about KyuHyun.

“I can’t help it. Your Hyung looks cuter when he’s angry, you know. His whole face becomes red and his eyes widen. He looks like an angry bunny which didn’t get the carrot. And besides, his sense of fashion is really bad.”

“Yeah. I agree with you for this. He only knows how to design the house, not how to style himself. But you still should not tell him like that, Hyung. You should apologize to him. Give it by yourself.” HyukJae said before he pushed the plushie towards the older.

“Yah! I said I don’t want to meet him today!”

“Why are you scared so much? Just do it, Hyung. Don’t make him wait for your apology so long. He will think that you don’t like him…” HyukJae said softly at the last part but the other didn’t miss it.

“You’re thinking about him again, aren’t you?”

“I’m always thinking about him. But I guess he must be happy that I’m not clinging to him anymore.”

“I don’t think so.”

“Huh?”

KyuHyun chuckled softly at the other’s confused face before he patted the blonde’s head gently.

“Just wait for it, HyukJae. I’m sure that he’ll make a move.”

******

It was 4pm and the corridor was full of noises as almost all the classes were ended. The boy was slowly putting his books inside the locker while whistling. He was in good mood. Thanks to HyukJae, he was unwillingly forgiven by the angry bunny.

KyuHyun felt vibration from his pants pocket and he quickly took out his phone.

I’ll be a bit late for our date :( That stupid professor was still nagging about our results >_<

You can take your time Kyu... See you!

He grinned at the message from the particular bunny before he quickly replied short message. He was sure that he would be the listening ear for the other’s complaints once again. But he didn't really mind as long as he could see his favourite bunny. KyuHyun continued with what he was doing when he saw someone was leaning the lockers beside his. He turned to the direction, seeing his unamused friend.

“I need to talk to you.” DongHae said coldly without looking at the other.

“What is it about? Our biochemistry assignment? Or the lab practical that we’re going to do next week? Or…”

“It’s about HyukJae.”

Bingo…

“HyukJae? What do you want to talk about him?” KyuHyun asked innocently which made the brunette glared at him more.

“Don’t act like you don’t know anything, Cho KyuHyun. You surely know what you’re doing. And just stop it.”

KyuHyun scoffed at the other’s statement before he looked intently at DongHae, smirk lingering on his lips.

“Stop what? I’m not doing anything bad to him.”

“You’re playing with him! I’m sure that you don’t have any feelings towards him. And just stop it! He’s not like the game that you play!”

“What is he to you? Isn’t he just your neighbour? You don’t have the right to say, my friend.”

That made DongHae silence. He stared at his friend while thinking of the words that sounded familiar to him.

Just a neighbour…

Yes, that was what he said to HyukJae. And he should only think of him as a neighbour like what he said, at most the son of his mother’s friend. But why was he talking to KyuHyun as if the blonde belongs to him? Is HyukJae more than just a neighbour to him?

“And for your information, I’m not playing this.”

I’m helping you, DongHae…

“He might be just a neighbour or a junior for you. But for me, he’s more than that. I cannot think of him just my junior. I’ll surely move on to next level.”

“What?”

“I’m being serious about this, Lee DongHae. By the way, why are you suddenly talking about him? I thought you don’t care about him.”

DongHae stared intently at the other, feeling worried all of the sudden. Now he realized what he was feeling this whole week. It was worry. He was worried about losing HyukJae to other people. He was worried that HyukJae would like KyuHyun and he was worried that HyukJae would be KyuHyun’s.

During this whole week, DongHae was thinking about what HyukJae was to him. And now he realized it. HyukJae was more than just a mere neighbour. And he realized all of his feelings towards the younger; the emptiness when the other was not around him, the jealousy when he saw him with KyuHyun and the contentedness when he saw his smile even from the far. All of these feelings were occurred because of one reason.

“It’s because I love him.”

 

 

A/N: I'M BACK!!!! I finally finished all my projects and tests!!! ^___^ I'm so happy that I have time to update my fic again. I really apologize for all the readers and subscribers who are waiting for my fic. >.< Hope you guys still remember and read my fic xD Anyway, how's new chapter? I hope you all enjoy reading it keke. Please comment, guys! I really miss reading your comments ^^ Love you all <333