Mistake

My Cute (Yet Annoying) Neighbour

"The lab results are slightly different. It maybe because of the temperature of this lab if I'm not wrong." DongHae said to Jessica while he was reading the paper. This week had been a very busy week for him as the project he was doing with exchanged students was close to deadline. The differences in test results made him more worried about this project. 

 
"Yea. It is a possible reason. I think we should meet Prof.Kim?" The blonde girl said while putting a small white mouse into transparent box carefully. 
 
"Okay, then I'll go talk to him. Is it okay for you to clean up the lab alone?"
 
"Sure, no problem. We'll meet in the class later." 
 
DongHae smiled at his friend before he took his belongings and left the lab. Jessica continued to clean the table without noticing that someone was watching her. 
 
Meanwhile, HyukJae was slowly taking his dog out from the backpack and glancing at the blonde girl again. 
 
"Do what I told you okay? Just her feet and move around her legs. No biting, understand?" He whispered to his Choco while caressing her fur. The dog his cheek to show that she understood him. HyukJae carefully put his dog down on the floor and hid behide the door. He watched at Choco quietly walking towards the target.
 
Jessica was keeping all the test tubes into the rack and she startled slighly when she felt soft fur around her feet. She looked down at the floor and widened her eyes with shock.
 
"Omg! Whose dog is that?! G-go away!" She tried to chase away the dog but it was in vain. She moved backwards with disgust when the dog tried to her feet.
 
"Y-yah! I said...m-move away from me!" 
 
HyukJae covered his mouth, trying not to release his laughter because of the funny scene. He was wanting to see that blonde girl suffering, and now he was satisfied with his plan. But his smile suddenly disappeared when he saw Choco was climbing up to the table. 
 
"C-Choco? What are you doing?" He muttered himself before a realization hit him.
 
A mouse....
 
Now he realised that his dog saw a mouse which was her favourite thing to play. Choco always likes to play whenever she sees a mouse.
 
"Yah! D-Don't come up here! You stupid dog!" 
 
Jessica was trying to scare the little dog but it was no difference. Choco was already on the table, running around the transparent box and scaring the mouse. The dog accidentally bumped the test tubes, spilling all the chemicals inside on the table.
 
"Omg! The results!"
 
The blonde girl quickly took the papers before they were soaked with the chemical but a few of them were already wet. Jessica carefully wiped the paper with her sleeve. She started to tear up when she saw some part of their results could not be read because of the chemical. 
 
A guilt was slowly built up in HyukJae's mind when he saw the scene in front of him. He needed to call Choco back before everything was worse than this. He whistled softly to get his dog's attention and luckily Choco turned her head to the doorway when she heard a soft whistle. She quickly ran towards it before Jessica could look at her. 
 
"Where is the dog?" The blonde girl looked around the lab but the culprit who just created a mess was nowhere to be seen. She sadly looked at the table before she took out her phone and pressed on it. 
 
She sighed deeply when she heard the voice from other line.
 
"DongHae. You need to come to the lab now." 
 
******
 
HyukJae deeply sighed nth time for today. He made a big mistake. He didn't know how to face DongHae and he was scared that the latter would hate him.
 
He suddenly stopped on his track when he saw DongHae at the gate. It was quite late and only very few students could be seen at this time. For HyukJae, he purposely went home late to avoid the older but his luck was not with him today. 
 
The blonde shivered when DongHae turned towards him. He was not happy. No, he looked mad. An anger was clearly seen in his brown eyes. HyukJae started to feel uneasy as he had not seen this side of DongHae before. 
 
The brunette walked towards HyukJae while looking intently at him. HyukJae smiled weakly at the older when he stopped in front of him.
 
"W-Why are y-you still in s-school?" The blonde stuttered. Yes, he was afraid. 
 
"Why did you do that?" 
 
HyukJae's heartbeat increased when he heard the other's cold voice. He looked down to the ground when he felt the tears were starting to form in his eyes. 
 
"I'm asking to you, Lee HyukJae. Why did you do that?" 
 
DongHae became impatient when he did not get the response from the blonde. He could not understand why HyukJae did that crazy thing. He knew that it was HyukJae when Jessica explained to him about what happened this morning. Choco was a clear evidence. 
 
"No reason huh? So, you just did it because of your crazy mind?"
 
"It's because I hate her!" HyukJae abruptly said to him. The brunette frowned even more. He could not understand why HyukJae hates his friend. He was sure that Jessica did not do anything bad to him, they only met each other once. 
 
"What?"
 
"It's because I hate her! I hate her for being so close with you, spending time with you....and.....I-I hate her for everything! And you never pay attention to me when you're with her. And I hate that!"
 
DongHae was angrier when he heard the boy's reason. 
 
Hate Jessica for being with him?
 
"It's none of your business, Lee HyukJae. You don't have the right to hate her. Who do you think you are to me? Stop acting like you're my lover when you're nothing more than a neighbour!" 
 
Nothing more than a neighbour? That's what he thinks of me?
 
"This should be the last time. Stop annoying me from now on." 
 
DongHae said before he left the gate, leaving the blonde alone. HyukJae stared at the other while his tears were now flowing non-stop from his eyes. He felt heart broken. The words from the older were too much for him to handle. 
 
He swore that he didn't want it to happen. He just wanted to scare Jessica, nothing more than that. It was an accident. He would not bring Choco and do as he planned if he knew that things would become like this. But now it was too late. 
 
He wished DongHae to understand that the mistake he made was because of his love to him. Yes, he loves DongHae. It's not just a simple crush. That's why he felt jealous towards Jessica and he was always afraid that DongHae would have feelings towards her. 
 
But DongHae would never know his feelings. He hates him now.
 
HyukJae slowly squatted down as he could not control his sobbings anymore. He cried harder without noticing that a pair of eyes was looking at him with sympathy. 
 
I hope DongHae will realise your love one day, HyukJae...
 
******
 
The room was in silence. Only a clock ticking and heavy sighs were heard. But DongHae was not sleeping. He could not sleep and he kept thinking about one person. 
 
HyukJae...
 
He could not even understand to himself why he still thought about him. He did what he wanted to do for a long time, saying his true feelings to HyukJae. But why was he feeling so wrong about it instead of satisfaction? 
 
He suddenly remembered the blonde's teary eyes.
 
Was I too harsh? 
 
The brunette shook his head, driving away HyukJae's sad face in his mind. 
 
He cried. And I made him cry.
 
He didn't know why but he could not deny that it made his heart sank, the feeling that he had never felt before. 
 
Did I make a mistake?
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: Hi all! I'm back! xD Sorry for making you wait, guys. I hope you have not forgotten this story yet. How's my new chapter? =D Hope you enjoy reading it! Thanks a lot to all the readers and subscribers! And I really appreciate your comments as well! Feel free to feedback to me! ^^