Chapter 8 - Just Leave

Through the Looking Glass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8 - Just Leave

"Why would I help someone who is just going to disappear like the rest of them? I am not helping a liar!" The young man said with no emotions in his eyes. I could not understand how someone could not portray emotion.  I have met emotionless people in my life, but this kid seemed to have no heart.

I did not understand how he could judge me on the first meeting. I remembered Dongwoo mentioning this Alice person, but could that really be me.  Could I really be the person that they have been waiting for.  That was impossible! I grew up in Seoul, but there were times when I was little when I did not want to wake up from my dreams.  There was this colorful land with amazing people. Where I could be my true self and not follow my parents standards."

"Don't judge me! You don't know me! My memory is fuzzy on how I ended up here. You should not treat me like I am a bad person. I don't even know what I have done to you to make you so bitter.!"  I said in an irritated tone. "I just want some help! That is all I asked."

"You will not find it from me!" The boy said! "LEAVE!"

"And get lost! I don't think so kid. I am going to continue to nag you until you help me!" I said trying to out-glare this stubborn kid.

"My name isn't kid woman!" He growled.

"What is your name?" I asked looking at the handsome boy.

He looked at me an looked hesitant to tell me his name.  I could see it in his eyes. "There is no point in telling you my name."

"If you don't tell me your name I will continue to call you a kid!" I crossed my arms.

"It's L!" He said looking away from here, "That is all I am giving you!"

"I know that isn't your real name but it's a start so L..." I tapped my chin "Who is this person you keep referring to?"

"Is this an act or you really don't know?" L asked.

"I really don't know. I met a few people who called me miss Alice. Who is this Alice person. All I know is the very little information Dongwoo gave me. He said it was my destiny because I have a  beating heart."

"You have a what?" L said.

"A beating heart!" I repeated and watched this boy who called himself L come closer to me. I was wondering if he was going to do the same thing as Dongwoo.

I felt L grab onto my wrist and lean closer to my chest.  He placed his ear against it and his eyes went wide. "No ticking..." He moved away and looked at me with a strange look on his face.  I still could not read this kid.

---

"Hyung are you alight?" Hoya asked Sunggyu who started to come too. His small eyes were barely open when he looked at Hoya and could hardly remember what happened hours before. The only thing he remembered was leaving the clock tower.

Sunggyu looked over and noticed his cloak was restin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter