Chapter 21 - Pawns

Through the Looking Glass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 21 - Pawns

"I thought the Illusionist was just a story parents told to scare kids?" Hoya asked. "You can see him can't you hyung?"

"I can but he put me in a predicament!" Sunggyu crossed his arms.  "He is putting someone's life on the line. I made a deal with him so he would spare that person's life."

"Is that why you were hurt?" Hoya asked with concern in his voice.  He was really worried that something terrible was going to happen.  It could just be he his imagination, but Hoya never went against his gut. 

"I was hurt because I was getting someone off of the..." Sunggyu paused and fell to his knees.  Why was the pain returning in his leg?  He had already turned back the time on his wound. Why was it starting to bleed? Sunggyu heard a laugh and looked over to the counter. 

Hoya placed a hand on the handle of his katana and looked at the Illusionist.  He knew this man was bad news.  Hoya could tell by the aura he was giving off. "Gyu hyung are you alright."

"You know since you opened your mouth Sunggyu I can kill the girl now." The Illusionist smirked and hopped off the counter. "I was thinking about returning your memories from before you were fifteen, but..." The Illusionist walked over to Sunggyu and kneeled down.  He placed a finger on Sunggyu's chin and forced him to look into his eyes.

"Keep your hands off of her.  I don't care about my memories I care..." Sunggyu coughed.

"You are finally learning to care about other people besides yourself." The illusionist smirked and grabbed onto Hoya's Katana, "You really think you can attack me Howon."  He pushed Hoya back into a wall.

Hoya's eyes fluttered shut after hitting the wall.  His katana fell from his hand as he fell to the floor.  Sunggyu's eyes dart towards the Illusionist. 

"I told you to keep your mouth shut Sunggyu." He smirked, "At least you got the flower." The Illusionist said as he lifted Sunggyu up by his shirt and led him to his office.  "Where is the flower?" He pushed Sunggyu towards his desk.

"You're going to use it to hurt her?" Sunggyu said, "Why the hell would I give it to you?"  Sunggyu looked down at his leg and noticed it was healed again.  What was going on? Was the illusionist playing games with him?

---

"HYUNGNIMMMMMMMMM!" Sungyeol yelled as he opened Dongwoo's office door, but Dongwoo was nowhere to be found.  Sungyeol let out a sigh and jumped when Daeryong and Soryong appeared, "Don't do that!"

"Don't do what?" The twins said at the same time. 

"Why are you covered in blood?" Sungyeol asked as he studied the twins clothing. Sungyeol was starting to regret asking.

"Why is that kid here?" Daeryong pointed at Sungjong.

"I don't think it is wise to call Sungjong that kid.  He is one scary kid." Soryong said as he stretched his arms above his head.  "We just got back."

"I am not covering your duties again.  You guys get to have all the fun and I am stuck here..." Sungyeol yelled.

"Be quiet Yeollie." Daeryong said, "We were going to come back, but something came up.  I was shocked to see Sunggyu out of that tower of his.  I wonder if something is wrong.  Is Dongwoo around?"

"That is what I was going to ask you?" Sungyeol said.

"Well...I guess I am waiting for him to come back." Sungjong smiled. "Do you have anything to eat?"

"We don't have tea without Dongwoo hyung.  Let's see what th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter