epilogue

Dyskoimesis

   4 years later

 

   Screams fill around the entire stadium as the light dims in anticipation. The fangirls – there are of course some fanboys as well – held their breath as they waited for their idol to finally appear.

   A loud explosive boom, with a fiery gush of fire emitting from the front of the stage drew a loud gasp from the crowd, followed by loud screams all around. A figure jumped up onto the stage, and the screams turned into chants.

   “Kim Jongdae! Kim Jongdae! Kim Jongdae!”

   “How is everyone tonight?” the said idol asks, grinning as music starts to resound around the stadium.

   Kim Jongdae kick starts his second solo concert in Seoul, and the night starts and ends with a huge blast.

 

 

   Don in a cap and a mask covering most of his face, Jongdae finds himself back in the café that he once worked in.

   Over the years, he had always been on constant contact with Minseok and Sehun. They had been the one that he could go to whenever he’s stressed or something goes wrong.

   Jongin debuted in a group called EXO as the main dancer and lead rapper. Kyungsoo, same as Jongdae, debuted as solo singers. Kyungsoo had debuted a year earlier than Jongdae.

   It’s amazing, Jongdae muses. He had debuted for only a short period of two years. Two years after Lu Han left to further his studies overseas.

   Now, he already has two albums to his name and a few awards placed at home. Often, he’d be working in collaboration with Kyungsoo and their fans liked both of their voices together.

   By now, Sehun has already graduated from college – again, with top grades. He’s busy with university, thus Minseok had to employ a few others part-time baristas.

   Minseok had officially bought over the café from Joonmyeon, so now he really is the actual owner. Joonmyeon said he’s going to take a trip overseas to learn to let go of things, so he might as well give up the ownership of the café.

   Jongdae’s there at the café because that’s where he can usually be found, hidden away from insane fans and the paparazzi. Minseok’s café is the only place where he can be safe from worries of his identity.

   “Your concert last night was amazing,” Minseok tells him, “Too bad Sehun can’t be there.”

   “You went to my concert without Sehun?” Jongdae laughs, “You better never let him know. He might skin you alive.”

   “He can’t bear to do that to me,” Minseok winks.

   The two chuckles as Minseok pass Jongdae his usual drink. Sometimes Jongdae goes behind the bar to make his drink himself, but other times he leaves it to Minseok.

   As much as he misses those times, those times are already in the past. Like all things that are in the past, they cannot be brought to the present. But hey, at least he could relive the moments occasionally.

   “Do you have the exact date when’s Lu Han is coming back?” Minseok asks.

   “He didn’t tell me,” Jongdae couldn’t help the pout that’s forming, “I asked, but he never tells me. He will be coming back, right Minseok?”

   “He definitely will,” Minseok assures, “He promised you remember? If not, Sehun will gladly skin him alive.”

   Despite everything, Jongdae still laughed at that mental image. Sehun definitely will do that.

   “I can’t wait for him to finally return.”

 

 

   Autumn is finally coming to an end. The vivid orange and red fading to withered leaves that falls from the trees. The once lushful trees lost all their leaves and only empty barks are left.

   With the winds getting brisker each day, Jongdae tightens the scarf around his neck to protect himself from the cold. It’s had been such a long time since he had walked down this path.

   His apartment most probably is already bought over by another owner by now. When he was still a trainee, he had still lived here for quite a while.

   But the apartment was located quite far from the company, and so after much discussion Jongin, Kyungsoo and he decided to rent a small apartment together. Better together than stand alone.

   Jongdae stood outside of the building, starring for a short moment before heaving a sigh and turn to walk away. There’s no more reason for him to go inside, he doesn’t live there anymore. Neither does Lu Han.

   After his debut, it was sometime before Jongdae started earning more. Jongin moved into the dorm for EXO, and since Kyungsoo and Jongdae didn’t want to live alone, they bought an apartment together.

   “You don’t live here anymore, I’d assume.” A familiar voice rang behind him.

   Jongdae whipped around so fast that he almost sprained his neck. Through his glasses (fake, for disguise), his eyes widen.

   “It’s been four years since we last met each other,” Lu Han chuckles, “You don’t have anything to say to me now that you’ve become a rising star?”

   “Lu Han!” Jongdae finally calls out, and the next moment he’s jumping into the other’s embrace. “You’re a horrendous person! You never told me when you’re coming back; I was almost so afraid that you didn’t want to come back at all.”

   “I wouldn’t dare, my nightingale,” Lu Han chuckles, holding Jongdae tight in his arms. It had been such a long time he called him that nickname.

   “I miss you so much,” Jongdae mutters, tears falling.

   “I miss you just as much,” Lu Han tells him, kissing away Jongdae’s tears.

 

 

   It’s afterwards, when they’re back in Minseok’s café that Lu Han tells Jongdae the reason why he didn’t tell Jongdae when he’s coming back.

   “I got my degree,” Lu Han says, “And then I helped out on a few cases back in London. I graduated and couldn’t wait to come back. But there are still a few loose ends that I had to deal with first.”

   “Hopefully, you’re done dealing with them?” Jongdae asks.

   “I am,” Lu Han laughs, “The Seoul police department offered me the position of Assistant Inspector. I had to report to work first before I could come and find you.”

   “At least you’re finally back,” Jongdae smiles sweetly.

   “I’m here to stay,” Lu Han agrees.

   He pulls Jongdae over into his embrace, closing off all proximity between them as his lips found Jongdae’s once again.