::Three Signs::

Even for 1 Minute and 1 Second {HIATUS}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

=♥Donghae♥=

I’d given much thought about what uncle said. Once… Twice… Even a hundred times… I’ve thought about it that much. When I finally come up with a decision, I’ll end up battling with myself again whether it’s the right thing to do or not until I go back to the start of weighing the situation all over. It was a tough decision to make for both of our lives were put in line. Not to mention our relationship would undergo circumstances too, considering the time and distance that would put us through for a long while if I choose to agree with Uncle’s proposition. Just then, an idea struck me. Three signs… I need three signs that could convince me that we must take different paths for a while.

Little did I know that those signs were only waiting for me to take notice of them…

-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘

~**First Sign**~

It was Sunday morning. Though it’s in the middle of the winter season, the sun was still spreading its embracing warmth over its people. Eunjae and I took this perfect day to stroll down the central park. Finished with our short date at the park, we decided to go the market to buy stuffs for our little baking experiment over her house.

It was just known to me recently that she’s interested to be a pastry chef someday but she was discouraged to pursue that dream because of her once hopeless condition. But now that she knew she has the chance to live longer than what she had expected, she gained back the will to achieve it. This was one of the several reasons that kept me hopeful for either of our condition. I wanted her to live that dream and I wanted to see her living that dream. That’s why we both must continue to live when that day comes.

We went back to her house, bringing grocery bags full of ingredients for the baking experiment. We rested for a moment by lounging in the living room while watching TV. We dozed off into a nap and when she woke up, she excitedly woke me up too and pulled me inside the kitchen.

After mixing and making a mess out of the stuffs we bought, the dough was ready. Though we already took a nap, I was still exhausted and restless as I watched Eunjae shaped the finished dough on the greased pan. The past few nights, I suffered a lot when I couldn’t sleep because of my crazy and hard breathing. It felt like my heart stopped beating for a few seconds then it would suddenly pumped blood infuriatingly into every veins of my body.

Eunjae lifted her head and stared up at me worriedly. “Oppa, I’ve noticed that you’re kinda pale. Are you feeling sick? Do you want to rest for a while?” she took a step closer to me as she placed her hand on my forehead.

“Anio. I’m fine. I just sort of missing some of my sleep lately because I was cramming on a project,” I lied but I’m glad she fell for my reason when she went back to her business.

Eunjae was finished with placing all the small pieces of dough in the pan. She walked to the oven, placed it inside and made necessary adjustments with the timer and temperature needed to bake the raw material. When she turned back to me, I met her surprised eyes.

“Oppa!” She then ran to the counter and slid one drawer open. She took out a tissue box and went rushing towards me. “Oppa, you’re not fine at all. See? You got a nosebleed,” she pulled out a tissue and wiped the blood coming out from my nose.

I took the tissue from her hands and wiped it myself. “Sorry for making you worry, Eunjae. I guess I just needed enough rest from now on.”

“You really should. Come with me. You take my room and get some rest. I’ll do the cleaning up myself while waiting for the cookies to be baked. I’ll take some for you upstairs when it’s finished.”

“But Eunjae, I should be the one taking care of you. It’s just a nosebleed, nothing serious.”

“Anio. I’ll be your nurse for now and you should listen to what your nurse says,” she pulled me upstairs to her room and left me to rest.

-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘-‘

~**Second Sign**~

The next weekend, we spent the whole day in an amusement park. The past days, we haven’t seen each other because she needed to go to her cousin in her province. So we took this day to make up for those days we missed out on each other. After taking ten rides consecutively, we went to rest and eat in a stall. I took our orders from the counter. As I carried the tray back to our table, my vision became blurry and my breathing turned to what I felt during the past few nights. I wobbled for a moment and when everything seemed to be normal again

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter