Chapter 6

We'll Be Okay, Right?

Eli screamed out, "KEVIN!!!!"

But Kevin gave no reply to the other and didn't even spare him a single glance as he fell into the cold water. There were many thoughts running through Kevin's head. "I'm sorry Eli, don't forget me.. I don't want to see you hurt anymore, if I do this you can be happy with someone else after," and etc. Kevin slowly fell deeper and deeper into the water, barely seeing any light anymore. 

Kevin stretched out his hand to 'touch' the light that was above him. A tear came out from his eye, and returned his hand to his chest and clenched it. 

"It hurts, I can't breathe any more," He coughed out all of the air left from his body, "Goodbye Eli.." Kevin thought and closed his eyes and was ready to give himself to the other world. When he closed his eyes he lost consciouness. 

 

On the surface...

Eli who was still shocked at seeing his beloved committ suicide, no words came out. He just stood there in shock until he realized it really happen and it wasn't an illusion. He stripped himself of his jacket and dove into the water. 

"Kevin! Where are you!? KEVIN!" He thought while searching frantically for the other who was no where around him. He went above the surface to breathe and dove right under quickly. He searched in a hurried pace to find his lover before he couldn't breathe any longer.

He found Kevin, floating like a lifeless body that made no movements whatsoever. His eyes grew bigger at the sight that was right before him. He swam quickly before the younger had fallen any lower than he already had. Eli stretched out his hand to grab the other and luckily he was able to grab him. He swam up, holding onto the unconscious boy who felt like he could fall back down again anytime. 

They both surfaced and Eli gasped for air while Kevin was still in his arms not moving an inch. Eli swam to shore and pulled both him and Kevin up. He laid Kevin onto the ground and was trying to wake him up. Eli touched Kevin's face and hands, and gasped at how freezing cold he was. He panicked and Eli found himself shouting at the unconscious boy who was laying there stone-cold. 

"Kevin! Kevin, wake up! Open your eyes Kevin! It's me Eli! I'm not mad," Eli began tearing up, "I'm sorry, I still love you no matter what. Please wake up.."

Kevin was still unconscious even though Eli had done CPR and mouth-to-mouth, and etc. Eli picked up Kevin and ran to the nearest hospital so they could tend to Kevin. He panted and gasped while explaining to the doctor that Kevin was unconscious and wouldn't wake up after he did CPR to him. The doctor examined him and told the nurses to take him to the ER immediately. 

Eli paced frantically back and forth in front of the ER doors and called Soohyun and told him what happened to Kevin. They all rushed to the hospital the two were at and were waiting, panicked and worried about the boy who was still in the ER. They were all antsy, wondering what will happen to their beloved smiley angel. 

Suddenly the doors of the ER opened and Kevin was on the bed being rolled out. The other members followed the nurses as they took Kevin to his hospital room, where he would be staying for a couple of days.

While the other members left, Soohyun and Eli were left to discuss Kevin's condition with the doctor.

"He hasn't woken up yet, but we have made his blood pumping again. He will be fine, but we do not know when he will wake up. He was very cold when you brought him to us Eli, and because of that it made his condition unclear for the time being. But do not worry, we will examine him again later and see how his condition will be later. For the mean time, he will have to stay here until he regains consciousness." The doctor told he two. 

"Thank you," the both bowed to the man who gave off a warm smile. 

"Soohyun, please come and sign these papers for me. Eli you may go visit Kevin," the doctor told them. 

Soohyun walked with the doctor and discussed about Kevin and the papers he would be signing. Eli saw them turn the corner and started walking hurriedly to Kevin's room which he found out from the doctor. 

"Room 209..." Eli said quietly while searching for the room. He found it and braced himself to see what would be behind the door. He slowly opened it and peaked his head inside the room. He saw the other members gathered around the Kevin's bed, staring quietly at the boy. Xander saw Eli and stood up to talk to him. 

"Eli! What did the doctor say?" Xander asked him. Soon, everyone's eyes were all on Eli waiting to hear what he had to say. 

"He said that they don't know when Kevin will wake up, but they'll examine him again later. And he has to stay here until he regains consciousness." Eli told the others, they sighed. Eli didn't know they were sighs of reliefs or panic. 

He averted his gaze from the members and saw a pale Kevin. Eli went to his side and softly held his hand and stared at him with thoughts running through his mind. He thought of things like what he would say when he woke up, when will he wake up, if he would be okay, and etc. His hands began to shake while holding onto Kevin's hand. The other members all agreed with each other to leave the two alone and go find Soohyun to discuss what will happen to Kevin. 

Eli didn't notice that the others had left until he scanned the room searching for something. He found what he was looking for. His jacket that was with him. He dug into his pocket and found his iPod within it. He took it out and scrolled through his iPod looking for a song. 

"Kevin, listen to this." Eli played the song, and it was a song that the two recorded but wasn't released. But Eli and Kevin were allowed to keep the song to themselves.  

"Kevin.." Eli whispered, and tightened his grip around Kevin's hand and his iPod. A tear fell from his eye and soon Eli fell asleep next to  his beloved, hoping that he'll get better soon. 

Even though he hoped for Kevin's condition to be better soon, it was completely the opposite. When he woke up, he found himself not next to Kevin's side but on a chair across from him. He opened his eyes and found nurses and doctors surrounding Kevin's bed. He looked over to Kevin's side, and saw that his heart rate on the scale was dropping rapidly. The nurses and doctors were trying to do something from preventing his heart rate from decreasing anymore before it reached the critical point. 

Eli wanted to do something but he knew he couldn't so he sat there, praying that Kevin will be okay. Not long after, there was a silence and the room was filled with a long beep. Eli looked up and saw that the scale became a line. Eli stood up and moved next to Kevin's side and grabbed his wrist. There was no pulse. Eli collapsed onto the ground, still holding onto Kevin's wrist. Eli was beginning to sob harshly. The nurses and doctors tried to calm him down, moving him back to his original seat. They left the room with Kevin on his bed, and soon Kevin's operation began. 

All Eli could do now was weep and pray for his beloved's health. 

"Kevin...don't leave me..." he said through his tears.