Chapter 4

We'll Be Okay, Right?

"It wasn't really my intention to do it.." Kevin said slowly, "it just happened. But it wasn't my fault! Your dad started it!"

"I know my own father, Kevin." Eli said coldy, "And he wouldn't do what you're implying."

"HE DID! HE HIT ME WHEN YOU WEREN'T HERE!" Kevin shouted as he stood up. His eyes full of anger that his lover wouldn't believe what had happen to him.

"My father would never do something like that!" Eli shouted. 

"How would you know when you weren't even there Eli!?" Kevin yelled even more loudly.

Eli sighed, "Fine. I know I wasn't there, but I know my own father! Now what did he do to you?"

"He told me to leave your side and U-KISS...he threatened me..." Kevin said, and soon he was sobbing.

Eli was appalled at what he heard and that Kevin was crying. Eli hugged him, but not uttering a word.

"He said that if I love you I would leave you to be successful..." Kevin managed to say through his tears.

Kevin continued on with what happened, "I told him I wouldn't because you, everyone, and myself would be sad; that I couldn't leave your side. After I said that, he hit me out of nowhere and shouted at me "YOU ARE A NUISANCE TO MY SON. HE DOES NOT NEED YOU IN HIS LIFE, HE HAS ME AND HIS FAMILY TO SUPPORT HIM. LEAVE BEFORE I DO SOMETHING WORSE."

Kevin started crying even more, still bravely telling his story to the stilled Eli, "He started kicking me, trying to make me leave the apartment. Even though I was trying to leave, he still hit me.." Sobbing more harshly than before. 

Eli stared at the crying boy, and squeezed his hand tightly, reassuring the boy that things will be alright. He nudged the boy to finish his story.

Kevin holding back his tears,"Then when I stood up and I hit him out of anger. Even though I hit him, I didn't hit him that hard, more like a tap then soon he chased me out of the apartment. I was so scared and ran to our company's CEO and suddenly told him to let me leave U-KISS. When I told him he was flustered at what I said and told me to rethink it. I told him I would and went back to the dorm. And then Soohyun and the rest, except you, knew about it because he called them and told them to take care of me. I told them I would be living with my parents for awhile, then when I started to pack up. You were there and well, hit me from what I guess your dad told you.." 

Kevin was sobbing and wasn't able to hold back his tears after he finished his story. Then suddenly they both heard the front door opening and heard noises from the U-KISS members. Suddenly someone had opened their door and it was none other than Kiseop.

Kiseop shouted, "KEVIN! You home-" then suddenly his mouth dropped when he saw the two sitting next to each other. Kiseop ran down the stairs to tell the other U-KISS members that Eli came back. They all rushed to the two's room, panting and bewildered at the picture they saw before them. 

Dongho ran to Eli and gave him a big hug and said, "Did you make up with Kevin yet???" staring at him with puppy eyes, hoping to hear a positive response. When Eli was going to reply to the little one's question, Kevin stood up and ran out the door. The members staring blankly, looking at one another to see what just happened to their Kevin. Eli stood up and ran after him, the other members following behind him. 

"Let's split up and search for Kevin. He might do something ridiculous again." Eli said to everyone else. They all agree and went their own ways, looking wherever they thought Kevin would go to. But there was still no luck in finding the boy. It was soon midnight and Eli called the other members to go back to the dorms and that he would still be searching for the lost Kevin.

Eli ran and ran wherever he thought Kevin would be, and eventually found his way to the Han River. Eli found a bench and sat there, panting heavily and exhaustedly from his never-ending running. He dropped his head and put his hands to his face and uttered the words, "Where are you Kevin?"

He sighed and looked up, he saw a figure on the bridge. The figure was standing at the very edge of the bridge. Eli stood up, frantically and began shouting, "Get down!" at the person who was obviously about to jump. That person jumped. Eli's jaw dropped, and soon he recognized who it was. 

Kevin. His beloved Kevin.

"KEVIN!!!!"