Chapter 3

We'll Be Okay, Right?

It has been almost a week since Eli had not returned to the U-KISS dorms. The problem of the two still unsolved and their relationship worsening by the hour. 

"When will you talk to Kevin again?" Xander asked Eli who was eating his breakfast. 

"I'm still debating whether or not to talk to him. Sorry Xander-hyung for imposing on you for so long.." He said sadly, feeling bad that he stayed at Xander and Kibum's place for what seemed like forever. 

Eli got up after eating and said, "I should get going, I need to go somewhere."

"Where you going Eli? Want me to come with you?" Kibum asked. 

"No it's okay. I'll see you guys later." Eli said, and walked out the door. 

"Where do you think he's going, Kibummie?" Xander asked, staring blankly at the front door.

Kibum sighed, "Who knows. Maybe he's finally gonna talk to Kevin?"

"I hope they work things. They haven't talked for what seemed like forever," he sighed. 

Kibum hugged him tightly, and said, "You know how Eli is. He's gonna do the right thing, so don't worry Xander."

"Alright, if you say so Kibummie." He whispered, hugging Kibum tightly for reassurance. 

Eli was walking the streets, wearing a cap and a mask, hiding his identiy of being a U-KISS member. Thoughts running through his, whether he should go talk to Kevin today. "I should, right? I need to sort this out before it becomes worse. Alright, I should go now." He turned around and quickened his pace and was headed to the U-KISS dorm. He was panting, waiting in front of the U-KISS dorm. He stood there for a couple minutes, wondering if he really should talk to Kevin today. "Maybe I should talk to him tomorrow.." he thought, "Yeah tomorrow is fine right. Just one more day." He turned around and was beginning to walk back to Xander and Kibum's place until he ran into someone.

"Eli..." the person said. 

Eli didn't utter a word, he stared blankly at the other who was in shock to see his presence there. 

Eli coughed, "Hi, Kevin.." and couldn't look him in the eye. 

"Do you want to go inside?" Kevin asked, not looking at him either. 

"Uhm, sure.." He replied. 

They walked into the U-KISS dorm, silently with a distance that could be noteable by anyone. There was an awkward tension in the air, as the two sat a distance apart from each other. They were silent for a long period of time, until Eli asked Kevin where the other U-KISS members were. 

"They're at the dance room, just dancing for our, uhm performance next week.." Kevin told him.

"Ohh, I won't be attending then."

"Why not?!" Kevin said, surprised. 

"I'm not comfortable around you yet," He replied bluntly. 

Kevin with no reply to his answers in words, but his eyes explained them all. A look that was begging for forgiveness, reflecting his actions right in front of who he hurt the most; a sad and lonely look that could waver anyone's heart.

Eli stared back at him, with more anger that was just similar to a raging and wreckless fire in his eyes, but was also cold as ice that one could never find in the North and South pole. His eyes that could tell that his trust would not be given back so easily; eyes that could pierce your heart in a second.

They stare at each other, obviously waiting for the other to look away. A battle of dominance, they thought, who would really be the one to apologize. Suddenly, Eli went to sit near Kevin. Kevin surprised by his lover's sudden action, staring at him with curiousty, wondering why he had done that. 

"Kevin," he said quietly, "Why did you do that to me?"

Kevin, not knowing to say to this sudden question, he left Eli's question unanswered.

Eli looked at Kevin in the eyes this time and asked again, "Why did you do that to me?" His voice was calm, but cold and stern. 

"I-I'm so sorry, Eli..." He said while holding his arm, tugging at his sleeve asking at him to forgive him.

"Answer my question Kevin," he replied, more stern.

"I don't know why I did that..It just happened.." Kevin said quietly, moving his gaze onto his hands.

Eli grabbed Kevin's chin, and fixed Kevin's gaze back onto Eli's stare. Kevin feeling very uncomfortable, trying to remove Eli's hand, but sadly failed. 

Eli sighed and spoke with a calmer, less cold and stern tone, "Please, you need to tell me what was going through your head when you did that." 

Tears slowly fell from Kevin's eyes, his eyes still fixed onto Eli, and quietly repeated "I don't know..I really don't know..." 

Eli let go of Kevin's chin, and soon Kevin covered his face with his hands and ran to their room. Eli ran after him, but was too late; Kevin had already locked their door. Eli could hear Kevin's weeping from through the door. Eli hit the door, frightening the already-crying Kevin.

"Kevin! Open the door and let me in!" Eli shouted while banging on the door. No reply from Kevin, just more weeping. 

Eli stopped his banging, and leaned on the door, saying to Kevin, "Please open the door Kevin. Don't cry.."

The door slowly opened, with a still teary-eyed Kevin behind the door. Eli made the door open wider and grabbed Kevin into a tight hug.

Eli whispered into Kevin's ear, "Please don't cry anymore. It makes my heart more painful seeing you cry like this even though you should always be smiling. Don't cry.."

Kevin stopped crying and hugged Eli back whispered back, "Okay..."

Eli let go of Kevin, and looked at him, with a more kinder look and said, "Now are you able to explain to me what the reason was?"

Kevin nodded, ready to tell Eli everything that was running through his mind. 

The two sat next to one another on their bed.

Kevin began to say, "It wasn't really my intention to do it.."