Chapter 9

The First Vamp-Dol

 

Is it?” he asked me again.

I bit my lip and looked away.

He let me go and his eyes pierced into mine. “Who was it? Hyungshik right?”

“Please don't be mad.”

He backed away from me and his nostrils flared a little.

“I don't even want to know what you two were doing...” he said.

“Hoya. It wasn't like that.” Well...for me it wasn't...

“I'm sure it wasn't.”

Suddenly, my make-up artist came in the room.

“Oh! You're already here? Sit down. Hoya-sshi, your members are looking for you.” she said.

He nodded once before glancing at me and leaving.

I winced at the look in his eyes.

 

After getting my make-up(covering the bite marks too) and hair done I proceeded to the stage. The cheers were loud, just like yesterday's performance. I looked into the crowd and I saw fan boards with my name on it. I looked around and saw a Hoya fan board. I thought about him, and how hurt he looked when he left the room. It made me so guilty, that I couldn't take it. I swallowed the lump in my throat took a deep breath. I can do this...

The music started and lights . I sang my heart out, but because I was feeling so upset, I didn't freestyle that much. I just followed the normal dance moves. The fans didn't seem to notice.

 

I quickly went back to my changing room and changed into more comfortable but stylish clothes. I went into my van and made my way to my next schedule which was Strong Heart. I greeted the staff and made my way on set. I was chatting with all the sunbae's when I smelled him, Hyungshik. Why did he have to be on this show today?!

He looked at me before proceeding to his seat on the other side of the set.

Throughout the recording, we didn't say a word to each other. I just sat and listened to my sunbae's joke around. Then the attention was aimed to me.

“Jade-sshi, you're debut song is really great!”

“Kamsamnida!” I bowed.

“I've been wondering, what it is like being such a successful rookie and being a vampire?”

“There's not that much of a difference between me and normal idols. I work hard like everyone, I cry when I win an award, I love my fans. But it feels good to be able to show that vampires aren't just made for blood, but for success too.” I said.

“Since you're a vampire you have the charms and looks to make anyone fall under your spell. Can you show us some right now?” The MC asked.

I nodded and walked to the middle of the set.

 

My song came on and I danced the normal routine, and added a few of my own moves in it. I bowed to everyone, signaling I was done dancing. Everyone clapped and cheered.

The attention was focused on Hyungshik now.

“Hyungshik-sshi...you have charms similar to Jade-sshi. Can you show us some?”

“De!” He smiled and stepped down.

“Hyungshik-ah is better at being cute!” Kwanghee yelled.

“Hyung! I wanna shed that image!”

“You can't...you can't...then your hyung will be in trouble.” Kwanghee said.

The song Aing came on and he started dancing cutely. I smiled at him. Is that the same guy from yesterday?

The sunbae behind me started to push me towards the set. I wanted to go against her but I couldn't. She was my sunbae.

I walked down next to him and started dancing along with him. I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks. It was so embarrassing. But Hyungshik took my hands and we started dancing around in circles like little kids. I started laughing, hard. I haven't laughed that hard in ages.

When we stopped the crowd was cheering. We walked back to our seats.

“How is that possible? They were embarrassing themselves like that, and they still look amazingly charismatic...”

“Beats me...”

 

I went into my waiting room and got my bag. I was getting ready to leave when Hyungshik came in.

“You looked like you had fun today.” he smiled.

I nodded. “I did. Thanks. I haven't laughed that hard in forever.”

“It's good to let go sometimes you know...stop being so trapped in that tiny apartment of yours.”

“Hey...I like my tiny apartment.” I hit him on the arm.

We laughed.

The door opened and Hoya walked in. My smile faded.

“Hoya! What are you doing here?” He wasn't on the show today.

He glared at Hyungshik before walking up to me.

“Leave.” he told Hyungshik.

“Excuse me?”

“I said leave.” he repeated.

“Hoya...” I tried to stop him.

“So you're defending him now?!” he said to me.

I looked down.

Hyungshik gave him a look before leaving the room.

“What are you doing here?” I asked Hoya again.

“I heard you guys will be on the same show. I came so that this...” he pointed to my neck, “...won't happen again.”

“It won't, I promise.”

He took my hand. “Come on...”

“Where are we going?”

“To start our date.”

 

He brought me to my apartment. We stood on the balcony.

“Tada~” he said.

“My apartment? That's where our date is going to be?” I raised an eyebrow.

He stood behind me and wrapped his arms around me and rested his head on my shoulder.

“No pabo. Look.” he jerked his chin to the city. Seoul was so beautiful at night.

“The night is ours. Anywhere you want to go, I'll take you.”

“Where do you want to go?” I couldn't decide.

“I don't care. As long as I'm with you, my night will be complete.” he kissed my cheek.

I could feel my heart racing faster.

“Can you...take me to my old home?”

 

We walked to my old neighborhood holding hands. It was pretty empty so we didn't have to worry about being attacked by any fans.

We reached the front door and I picked up the mat. The key was still there. It was as if no one had ever left. I walked in and the familiar smell came to my nose. My house always used to smell fresh of flowers because my mom loved flowers. But they were all wilted now.

I sat on the couch and looked at the pictures of me and my family smiling happily.

I could feel my eyes watering.

I missed them...so much.

“Is that you?” Hoya asked me, pointing to a picture taken just last year, before I was changed.

I nodded.

“You look different...” he said, picking it up.

I stared at him.

His eyes widened. “I didn't mean it like that. You were still beautiful then just like how you are now.”

He sat next to me on the couch and wrapped his arms around me. I leaned on his shoulder and hugged his waist.

“I know you miss them. So stay as long as you like. I'll be here with you, every minute.” he told me.

“Don't you have a schedule?”

“Yeah. At 5am.”

I looked at his watch.

“It's midnight! We have to get you back so you can rest!” I sat up.

“Oh shut up, and come here.” he pulled me back into our previous position.

 

“I love you.” he suddenly said.

Shocked at the sudden confession, I looked up at him.

He stared down at me with those eyes and I melted.

“I love you too.”

He pulled something out of his pocket and held it front of my face. They were couple rings.

“I wanted to ask this officially since you'll be my first. So, Kang Joo Eun, will you be my girlfriend?”

I smiled up at him and kissed him.

“Of course I will.” I whispered into his lips. I felt him smile and slip the ring on my finger.

If I would to ever suffer from memory loss, this would be the moment I would always remember.

 

We sat there, in that position, unmoving just enjoying each other's presence for awhile.

“Are you still mad at me?” after it came out of my mouth, I noticed how dumb of a question it was.

He chuckled. “Yes.”

I gawked at him. “B-but you just--”

He cut me off. “I'll forgive you on one condition...”

Then he said those two words again. “Change me.”

“That's not fair!”

“Why won't you? What's holding you back?”

“Everything. You don't get it. I sleep even though I don't need to. I eat even though it tastes like to me. I'm in my dead family's home when I should be at my apartment drinking blood or something. I want to be human, but I wake up every single day knowing I can't.”

He just stared off into space.

“You're the only thing left Hoya. Even though I feed from you, you're the only person that makes me feel human again.”

He kissed me. “Baby, I'm sorry.”

 

===============

phew~ chapter took awhile...but i managed to write it!

thanks to flyingpikachu for keeping me company! <3

comments make this unni/dongsaeng happy! :D