Always - Chanyeol

The Heroes Saga

 

You and Chanyeol were sitting on the floor in your living room, playing a board game. The two of you did this every Saturday night when your parents would go on their own weekly date. It was kind of like a tradition the both of you started when you became best friends years ago. 

The story of how you two became friends was actually pretty simple, but it was interesting nonetheless. He was the new kid in school that had no friends. You befriended him and invited him over to your house one weekend to play a new board game your parents had just bought for you. After a while, the two of you became really close and Chanyeol decided that he could trust you enough to tell you about his powers. And after he did, the rest was history. 

"Your turn," you said after moving your game piece and popping another chip in your mouth.

Chanyeol reached over the board and grabbed the dice, shaking them between his hands, "Come on baby! Give me a seven!"

You laughed at his misfortune when he rolled a six, causing him to lose a turn. 

He was just about to move his piece when a loud crack of thunder echoed through the house. The two of you turned away from the game to look out the window.

"Wow, the rain is really coming down tonight," Chanyeol commented as he counted the squares that he was allowed to move.  

You nodded your head, still looking out the window at the storm.

"I'm going to make some hot chocolate," you said suddenly as you stood up, "Do you want some?"

"Do you have marshmallows?" Chanyeol ask you, narrowing his eyes.

"Yes, I do actually."

"Then yes, bring me some hot chocolate!" he said as he sat up straight, pointing towards the kitchen, like a general giving a solider an order. 

You scoffed and turned away from him, walking towards the kitchen, "Not even a thank you," you muttered under your breath.

"I love you!" Chanyeol yelled to your back after hearing your bitter complaint.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," you rolled your eyes and took out the box of hot chocolate mix  from one of the cabinets.

A small frown found its way onto Chanyeol face when he heard your casual response. You probably thought that he was joking every time he told you he loved you, but he really meant. He didn't know when or how, but one day, Chanyeol realized that he was completely in love with you. He wanted to tell you from the start, but decided to just be patient and wait for the perfect moment.

'Whenever that may be,' Chanyeol sighed as he flopped on his back and stared up at the ceiling.

After a while, he placed his hands behind his head and drew imaginary designs on the ceiling with his eyes.

In the kitchen, you were carefully pouring the freshly made hot chocolate into two mugs. You set the small pot in the sink and started to hunt for the marshmallows.

'Where are they?' you thought, craning your neck to look in the back of the cabinets. 

Behind a couple boxes of cereal, you spotted the marshmallows in a plastic bag. You were just about to grab the bag when all the lights in the house suddenly shut off. You gasped and froze in your spot.

"______?" you heard Chanyeol's voice call from the living room.

"Yeah?" you answered, trying to keep your voice normal.

"Are you okay?" he asked, worry laced in his voice, knowing that you were terrified of the dark.

"Yeah, I'm fine," you said back, your breathing starting to get heavy as you began to panic. 

"Okay, just stay where you are, I'm coming," Chanyeol said in a gentle voice.

Even though you knew he couldn't see you, you nodded your head and squeezed your eyes shut as you tried to calm yourself down. It felt like it was taking hours for Chanyeol to make his way to you. And as every second ticked by, you felt your heartbeat pick up more and more.

"Oppa, hurry. I'm starting to get scared," you said in a small voice, your eyes still closed. 

"______," you heard Chanyeol's voice call you. 

You opened your eyes and quickly turned your head to see Chanyeol standing in the doorway of the kitchen, a small flame hovering over one of his hands and his other arm reaching out for you.

You sighed in relief and ran over to him, throwing your arms around his waist and burying your face into his chest. 

"Shhh, it's okay, it's okay. I'm right here," he whispered as he rubbed your back gently. 

Chanyeol smiled when he felt your noticeably relax and heard your breathing turn back to normal.  

"Where are you candles?" Chanyeol asked.

You slowly looked up at him, fear still in your eyes, "On the top shelf in the hallway closet."

Chanyeol nodded and started to guide the two of you out of the kitchen. The two of you walked to the closet, your arms still wound tightly around him and one his hands on your lower back. After easily grabbing the bag of candles off the top shelf, Chanyeol walked the you back to the living room and sat you on the couch.

"Stay here, I'll be right back." 

You nodded your head and watched as Chanyeol walked around the room, taking a candle out of the bag and placing it down every so often. After he would set a candle down, he would guide the small flame, that was still hovering over his fingers, to light each wick. When all the candles were placed and lit, Chanyeol closed his hand, causing the small flame to disappear. He then made his way back to the couch and sat next to you, tucking you into his side and wrapping an arm around your shoulders.

"Is this better?" he asked you as your grabbed his other hand and started to play with his fingers.

You nodded your head and smiled up at him, "Thank you."

"I'll always be here when you need me," Chanyeol smiled back.

The two of you lapsed into silence as you continued to play with Chanyeol's fingers and he continued to watch you.

"I love you," Chanyeol said suddenly, seriousness and sincerity in his voice. 

You looked up at him and gave him a smile, "I love you, too," you said as you looked into his eyes.

Chanyeol's eyes widened at you response as you moved to rest you head on his  shoulder due to a feeling of fatigue washing over you.

"Really?" he asked.

You nodded you head as you closed your eyes, "I always have."

Chanyeol turned his head to ask you if you were serious but saw that you had already fallen asleep. Smiling to himself, Chanyeol placed a soft kiss on the top of your head and leaned his head to rest against you, closing his eyes and falling asleep as well.