Speechless - Luhan

The Heroes Saga

 

 

"Excuse me," you whispered.

The elderly woman looked up at you and pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose, "Yes dear, what can I help you with?" 

"Do you know where Luhan is?" you asked quietly.

The librarian gave you a knowing smile, "Just go down that way and you see all the signs on the book shelves? Look for the one that says 'Classics'. He should be there."

"Thank you," you said before heading in the direction that she pointed to.

You slowly walked down the hallway of bookcases that stretched up towards the thirty foot high ceiling, reading all the signs that labeled the different shelves as you searched for your boyfriend. 

'Fiction .... Non-Fiction .... English Novels,' you read as you passed more and more shelves.

As you got deeper and deeper into the library the number of people became less and less. And when you finally reached the Classics section, the area around you was pretty much deserted. 

You peeked between the shelves and smiled to yourself when you saw Luhan standing next to a cart full of books that he must have been assigned to shelve. You silently watched as he carefully shelved the books and the more he shelved, the higher their places seemed to be. At one point, you saw Luhan look up the bookcase, a book in his hands, his eyes locked on the shelf where the book belonged.

'How is he going to do this?' you though in your head. The shelf was obviously too high to reach without a ladder. 

Your eyes widened when you saw Luhan let to book slip out of his hand. But instead of hitting the ground, the book hovered in the air. 

You watched, stunned, as Luhan lifted up his hand a little and the book floated higher and higher into the air. And with a flick of his wrist, the book slid into its rightful place. 

You saw Luhan smile to himself and brush off his hands, proud of his work. He froze when he turned to grab more books off of the cart but saw you at the end of the bookcase, staring at him with wide eyes. 

"_-______," Luhan stuttered.

You bit your lip as you cautiously walked towards him.

"What was that, Luhan?" you asked, cutting straight to the chase. 

"W-What do you mean?" he responded, trying not to make eye contact with you.

"That!" you motioned up to the shelf, "That book was just floating in mid air! And you did that ... right?"

You sighed when Luhan didn't respond, but continued to look at anything but you.

"Luhan," you said as he noticeably tensed when you gently took one of his hands in yours, "I know we haven't been together for a long time, but I am your girlfriend. You can trust me."

Luhan looked up and after seeing the pure sincerity in your eyes, the walls that he built came crashing down. With a sigh, he sat down against one of the bookcases and pulled you to sit next to him. 

"Okay, well," he started as he rubbed the back of your hand with his thumb, "I'm actually from this planet called Exo Plant."

---

"So then, me and the guys were sent to Earth for misusing our powers and ... yeah," Luhan lamely finished. 

Silence hung in the air as your mind comprehended what Luhan just told you. So your boyfriend was actually an alien that had super powers. Well, not many girls can say that.

"Why didn't you tell me?" you asked, genuinely curious.

Luhan shrugged his shoulders "I don't know," he mumbled, "I guess I was just scared."

"Scared?"

"That you would run screaming and never want to see me again? That my secret would get out and I would be treated like some freak of nature?" he said quietly.

You sat up on your knees and cupped Luhan's cheeks with your hands, tilting his face up to face yours. 

"You don't need to be scared, Luhan," you said as you smiled softly, "I would never think of you as a freak for having extraordinary abilities. And plus, I agreed to this relationship before I knew you had powers, I'm not backing out now."

You leaned down and placed a soft kiss on his lips. Luhan smiled up at you when he saw the pink tint on your cheeks after the two of you separated.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. Are you made at me?" he asked as the two of you stood up from the ground.

"I am a little upset," you admitted, "But I do know a way you can make it up to me."

Luhan tilted his head to the side, an adorable confused look on his face, "What is it?"

"Show me your powers," you beamed, "Like really show me."

A grin formed on Luhan's face when he heard your simple request. 

You gasped when hundreds of books floated off the shelves and started the circle around the two of you. You whirled around when you felt a book lightly tap your back and then giggled when you turned back to Luhan to see a teasing glint in his eyes. With ease, Luhan willed all the books back where they were, organizing the books that were still on the cart onto the shelves at the same time. 

"I'm speechless," you breathed when Luhan looked back at you.

Luhan laughed embarrassedly and gave you a bashful smile as he scratched the back of his neck. You walked up to him and wrapped your arms around his waist as you looked up at him.

"You truly are amazing," you whispered and rested your head on his chest, closing your eyes. 

'No, you're amazing,' Luhan thought as he wrapped his arms tightly around you and rested his chin on the top of your head. 

"Ahem."

The two of you sprung apart to see the elderly librarian looking at the two of you, holding a book in her arms and giving you 'The Look'. 

"Luhan, I have few more books at the front desk. Can you shelve them for me?" she asked sweetly. 

"Yeah, sure," Luhan answered, obviously a little embarrassed, "Come on, ______-ah."

Luhan quickly grabbed your hand and pulled you past the librarian, both of you making sure not to make eye contact with her.

The woman watched as the two of you walked towards the front of the library, hand in hand.

"They're definitely a special couple, aren't they?" she asked to no one as she smiled and walked in the opposite direction with the book in her arms.