Dinner - Sehun

The Heroes Saga

 

Sehun looked at himself in the mirror as he tied his black tie around his neck and flattened the collar of his white dress shirt. Reaching to the side, he grabbed his blazer off of its hanger and slipped his arms through the sleeves. He dusted off his pants and straightened out his jacket so that it rested nicely on his shoulders. 

'Tonight's the night,' he thought as he let out a deep breath and looked at himself in the mirror.

The two of you were taking both of your parents out to dinner at their favorite five star restaurant. Unlike the many dinners the six of you have had before, this one was definitely going to be special. Sehun was going to ask you to marry him. 

Of course, you were the only one that didn't know. Although Sehun didn't exactly want your parents there, he couldn't say no when they asked if they could be there when he proposed. And then his parents found out that your parents were going to be there and insisted that they be there as well. They were best friends, after all. But Sehun really didn't mind, well, unless you said no.

Shaking off that feeling of doubt, Sehun looked down at his watch as he walked out of the bedroom.

"______-ah, we have to get going! We're going to be late," he called to you.

"Okay, hold on! I'm almost done," you called from the bathroom. 

You had just finished putting on your make up and earrings and was about to quickly brush your hair out when you felt that it was still a little wet from the shower you took. You looked at your hair in the mirror and saw that some parts in the back were still clumped together, not looking presentable. 

'Aish, I thought it would be dry by now,' you thought as you grabbed your hairdryer from one of the draws below the sink.

You plugged the hairdryer into the outlet on the wall. But when you pushed the switch up to turn it on, nothing happened. Knitting your eyebrows together, you flipped the switch down and pushed it back up, but the hairdryer still wouldn't turn on. For the next few minutes, you tired everything that you could to get the hairdryer to work. 

Back in the living room, Sehun was sitting on the couch, waiting for you to finish getting ready. He took out a small box from his coat pocket and the small diamond ring that he was going to be giving you later that night. He stared at it for a few seconds and started to imagine what it would look like on your finger. Smiling to himself, he quickly tucked back into his pocket and looked down at his watch again.

"______-ah, seriously. What is taking so long?" he asked, starting to get a little anxious.

"Give me a few more minutes!" you responded, desperately trying to get your hairdryer to work.

For some odd reason, you knew in your mind that tonight was going to be special. Why else would Sehun want to take you and your parents out to a really high class, expensive restaurant? Although you didn't know the exact reason, you wanted to look perfect tonight. So there you were, begging in your mind that a miracle would happen and your hairdryer would come back to life.

A few minutes later, Sehun, while tapping his foot impatiently, glanced down at his watch again and looked up at the bathroom door to see it still closed with the light still on.

"This girl is making me go crazy," he muttered as he got up from the couch and marched over to the bathroom door. He was just about to knock when he heard your voice.

"Come on, come on! Please work!!" he heard you plead.

As quietly as he could, Sehun slowly turned the doorknob and peeked inside the bathroom. He bit his lip to prevent his laughter from escaping when he saw you with your hairdryer in your hand, furiously clicking the switch on and off.

You bit your lip, about to give up on drying your hair, when you felt a gust of wind start to tousle your hair. You turned around and saw Sehun leaning against the counter with his hand held up, wind flowing from his palm. He laughed at your dumbfounded expression and gestured you to carry on with his other hand.

"Thanks," you giggled as you grabbed your brush and started to dry your hair.

"No problem," he smiled, "I finally found a use for my powers."

You shook your head as you smiled and continued to dry out your hair. After shaking it out a few times as Sehun blew wind on it, you placed your brush down on the counter. Sehun made his hand into a fist, stopping the wind flow, and dropped his hand to his side. He watched as you carefully slipped a headband into your hair and fluff up the back a little.

"Done?" he asked.

You turned towards him and nodded your head. 

"Finally!" he yelled, grabbing you by the hand and pulling you out of the bathroom. 

You quickly grabbed your coat and purse off the couch as Sehun continued to pull you towards the door. 

"Oppa! Slow down!" you cried as you put on one of your shoes.

"Hurry!" he whined as he continued to pull on your hand.

You slipped on your last shoe and Sehun pulled your through the doorway of your apartment.

"What's so important about this dinner?" you asked as you shut the door to the apartment.

A small smile appeared on Sehun's face as he slipped one of his hands into his pocket and wrapped his fingers around the small velvet box, "You'll find out."

You gave him a curious look as he grabbed your hand and pulled you down the hall.