Breath - Suho

The Heroes Saga

 

"So the main thing is that you want to keep calm and stay relaxed," Suho said as he positioned his feet so they were shoulder width apart, "Remember to trust yourself and trust your powers."

You nodded your head as you watched Suho close his eyes and take a deep breath. He raised his hands, palms together, so they were a little below chest level. Still keeping his eyes closed, he started to pull his hands apart. Your jaw dropped when you a saw an orb of water start to swell between his hands. With a final exhale, Suho opened his eyes as twisted his body to the left and extended his arms, sending the ball of water hurtling through the air and into a tree across the courtyard. 

"Wahhh~" you said as you clapped your hands, admiring the damage that Suho just did to the tree.

"Thank you, thank you very much," he laughed as he placed one hand on his stomach and the other behind his back, giving you a comical bow. 

From the demonstration that he just did, you knew that you had come to the right person to help you master your powers. Out of all the people in your class, everyone would say, without hesitation, that Suho was the most in control of his powers. But, you didn't know that he was this talented. Being that he was a master with his powers and a total sweetheart on top of being a pretty good-looking guy, it was no wonder why he was one of the most sought out boys in your school.  

"So, are you ready to give it a try?" Suho asked while giving you one of his angelic smiles.

You let out a shaky breath, glancing at the tree that Suho used a target. You have never been able to master that skill that he just easily did in front of your eyes. You turned back to Suho and, after seeing the smile that he was giving you, nodded your head, a new spark of determination within you.

"Awesome! Now, don't worry about your powers not being strong enough because I know they are," he told you, "I know you can do this."

"I'm kinda have to or else I'm going to fail the final on Friday," you said with a forlorn look on your face and a tired laugh, causing Suho to chuckle.

"Well, first things first, feet shoulder width apart," he instructed. 

You did what you were told and looked up at him for his next instructions.

"Okay, good. Now, take a deep breath and close you eyes. Don't open them until your feel completely relaxed."

Again, you did as you were told and closed your eyes, taking a deep breath. A few seconds later, after you felt your body relax, you opened your eyes and looked at Suho, giving him a little nod as a signal that you were ready. 

"Feel relaxed?" he asked.

You nodded in response.

"Okay, go for it."

You nodded once and brought up your hands so they were below your chest level, much like Suho did earlier. After letting out a breath, you slowly started to separate your hands. You knitted your eyebrows together as you tried to concentrate more on forming an orb of water. A small ball of water started to form between your hands, only to burst into water sprinkles and fall to ground a few seconds later.

You dropped your hands to your side and hung your head, letting out a disappointed sigh.

"No, that was a good start," Suho said and you lifted up your head to look at him, "Conjuring water from water vapor is the hardest skill to master, so for you to be able to make a small ball of water, even for a second, is really good!"

You gave him a small smile, internally thanking him for his encouraging words.

"Keep going!" he engcouraged.

After a few more failed attempts, you were ready to give up and just accept that fact that you were unable to fully master your powers.

"I don't think I can do this," you said while shaking your head sadly. 

"You're just thinking a little too hard," Suho told you in an optimistic voice, "And your form is just slightly off, here, let me help you."

Suho walked around you and reached around you to take each of your wrists in his hands, pressing his chest against you back. Your eyes widened and your face started to turn red at the close contact.

"You want to keep your elbows up," he said as he guided your arms to the right position, "And you want to keep your upper arms stationary, only move your forearms, okay?"

You nodded your head, scared that if you spoke, your words would come out as a stutter.

Suho released your arms and moved so that he was in front of you, placing his hands on your shoulders.

"You can do this. I believe in you," he said as he looked into your eyes.

You smiled and nodded your head.

"Fighting!" he said with a smile and pumped one of his fists.

"Fighting," you laughed, pumping your fists along with him.

Suho released your shoulders and took a step back, "Okay, try again."

You got into position and took a deep breath, closing your eyes again. You slowly started to separate your hands, concentrating on gathering the water that was in the air around you but trying not to think that hard about it. You opened your eyes to see an orb of water starting to form between your hands. Your eyes widened as you saw the ball starting to swell and stabilize. 

"Relax, stay calm," you heard Suho tell you in a soft voice. 

You closed your eyes again and took a deep breath. You then opened your eyes while quickly twisting your body and extending your arms, like Suho showed you. You watched as the ball of water went flying across the courtyard, only to stop when it crashed into the tree that Suho had hit earlier. 

"Yes!" Suho cheered as he clapped his hands, "You got it!"

"I did it," you whispered in disbelief as you placed your hands over you mouth, still in shock.

Suho continued to smile and clap his hands for you. 

"I did it!" you said to yourself, fully comprehending the situation. 

You looked up at Suho with a huge smile on your face, "I did it!" you yelled and run up to him, throwing your arms around his neck.

Suho was almost knocked backwards but managed to steady himself before the two of went crashing to the ground. He smiled and wrapped his arms around your waist, returning your hug. 

You threw your head back and laughed in pure happiness as Suho lifted your off the ground and twirled the both of you in a circle. 

"I knew you could it," he said after setting you back on the ground.

You smiled up at him and let out a soft laugh.

The two of you continued to stare into each other's eyes for a few seconds before Suho leaned down and pressed his lips to yours. You didn't hesitate to kiss him back as you got on your toes and tightened your arms that were around his neck, bringing him closer to you.

Suho was just about to deepen the kiss when you suddenly pulled back, "Wait a second."

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I was in no position to think that I could just kiss you like that," Suho said as he started to unwrap his arms that were around you, regret in his voice.

"No, no," you said quickly, shaking your head and taking a step closer to him, "It's not that."

"Oh, then what's wrong?" Suho asked, confused.

"What if that was just a one time thing? Like, I just got lucky or something?" you asked, starting to doubt yourself. 

"______-ah, I don't thi-"

"Wait, just stay here," you said and went back to where you were previously standing. 

Suho chuckled to himself  and shook his head as he watched you closed you eyes and re-position your hands below your chest. You redid the process that you did a few minutes ago and soon enough, sent another ball of water flying across the courtyard and into the same tree.

"Oh, never mind, I think I got it," you said as you bit your lip and scratched the back of your head in embarrassment. 

Suho just laughed as he walked up to you and gathered you into his arms again. He laughed even harder as you buried your face into his chest and wrapped your arms tightly around his waist in an attempt to hide your red face. 

Suho let out a content sigh and rested his chin on the top of your head, looking over at the poor, wet tree across the courtyard. All of times he passed that tree, he never thought anything of it. But now he smiled to himself, knowing that every time he would walked past that tree, he would think of you.